SupaTunaGT

• April 19, 2024, 12:53:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141210 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #1725 on: June 03, 2014, 08:25:05 AM »

Farewell GT5!  You've been good to us and helped grow the community by leaps and bounds.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1726 on: June 03, 2014, 06:40:19 PM »

I don't know all of the ins and outs of shutting down GT5, but people lost a lot of stuff (assets).

Apparently, GT6 is not designed in the same way, so when they shut it down, that same thing should not happen. At least that was how it was explained to me about licences, although I am not sure what else has been taken off of the GT6 servers yet and added to our game save. Fingers crossed...

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1727 on: June 04, 2014, 09:21:22 AM »

I don't know all of the ins and outs of shutting down GT5, but people lost a lot of stuff (assets).

Apparently, GT6 is not designed in the same way, so when they shut it down, that same thing should not happen. At least that was how it was explained to me about licences, although I am not sure what else has been taken off of the GT6 servers yet and added to our game save. Fingers crossed...

I thought while skimming PD's announcement on GT5's shut down that the Car Hauler would no longer function. I had a ton of cars in that hauler and I would guess that's what has most folks pissed off.

PeyePete

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #1728 on: June 04, 2014, 09:30:09 AM »

I thought while skimming PD's announcement on GT5's shut down that the Car Hauler would no longer function. I had a ton of cars in that hauler and I would guess that's what has most folks pissed off.

All the tickets are still in the hauler, I have 167 in one account, and you can still get the cars. I opened a 1000 ticket after the shutdown and got the 10 mil alfa TZ.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:34:45 AM by PeyePete »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1729 on: June 04, 2014, 10:20:35 AM »

All the tickets are still in the hauler, I have 167 in one account, and you can still get the cars. I opened a 1000 ticket after the shutdown and got the 10 mil alfa TZ.

Very good.  :)

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1730 on: June 04, 2014, 12:34:24 PM »

I have a lot there, too, but then I haven't run GT5 since the shutdown, either.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1731 on: June 05, 2014, 11:55:14 AM »

I skimmed though my items and garage and did not notice any missing items such as dlc content.  I wonder if some of the things that went missing for some people were things that were acquired through non-conventional ways.

Some day I still will have to run the Le Mans 24 in this game, well either that or go back and do it in LeMans 24 on the PS2... or both. 

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1732 on: August 15, 2014, 07:05:01 PM »

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1733 on: August 16, 2014, 09:21:21 AM »

That was from August 3rd.

Here is a comment on Reddit from yesterday...

"I can respond as I'm the guy who wrote that tweet. There's a lot of nuance to the situation and not a lot that I can say right now, but:
1) The PS4 does have a system which checks for security chips on certain USB devices.
2) The G27 was designed years before the PS4 was announced, so there's no PS4 security chip.
3) We are investigating what we can do. We don't have a solid answer yet, so we're being as honest/open as possible: Currently the wheel doesn't work with PS4, and there will be a chip that will always prevent full functionality with the PS4."

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1734 on: August 16, 2014, 09:32:22 AM »

That was from August 3rd.

Here is a comment on Reddit from yesterday...

"I can respond as I'm the guy who wrote that tweet. There's a lot of nuance to the situation and not a lot that I can say right now, but:
1) The PS4 does have a system which checks for security chips on certain USB devices.
2) The G27 was designed years before the PS4 was announced, so there's no PS4 security chip.
3) We are investigating what we can do. We don't have a solid answer yet, so we're being as honest/open as possible: Currently the wheel doesn't work with PS4, and there will be a chip that will always prevent full functionality with the PS4."

So how did the T500RS get this chip?  It came around long before the PS4 as well.  Something is kind of fishy here.  It doesn't look like Sony is any better than Microsoft here.  To use a wheel on both the PS4 and XBone, you need to have at least two wheels and the vast majority of people who already have wheels, have to get new ones.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1735 on: August 16, 2014, 09:52:59 AM »

So how did the T500RS get this chip? 

Exactly.  That's the question everyone is asking.

Does anyone know if the T500RS has full functionality?   It could just be the limited functionality.

The other assumption is that since they're officially licensed with Sony, Sony somehow bypassed this chip for the T500RS.

Also, I just realized I put this in GT5 thread.  ^-^

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1736 on: August 16, 2014, 10:02:46 AM »

It sounds as though the bullshit level is pretty high with that explanation.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1737 on: August 16, 2014, 03:56:52 PM »

So how did the T500RS get this chip?  

Exactly.  That's the question everyone is asking.

Does anyone know if the T500RS has full functionality?   It could just be the limited functionality.

The other assumption is that since they're officially licensed with Sony, Sony somehow bypassed this chip for the T500RS.

Also, I just realized I put this in GT5 thread.  ^-^

And tunafication has been achieved. Excellent.

This whole wheel bull shit is fucked. It sounds like if a wheel has memory it will be disabled. That is fine if the wheel manufacture is allowed to provide drivers and the games allow some form of fine tuning.

It sounds more like extortion of peripheral suppliers to me though.    

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1738 on: August 16, 2014, 04:05:45 PM »

Making the upcoming decision about PS4 or PC a bit easier if they keep up this type of BS, a more sensible approach needs to be taken by Sony to keep me as a loyal customer.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1739 on: August 16, 2014, 04:33:39 PM »

BULLSHIT
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117   Go Up