SupaTunaGT

• April 19, 2024, 11:38:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141211 times)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2011, 06:55:03 PM »

My lounge is always slow and I usually set the track before hand.  Tires do warm up a little in my lounge but not to full temperature.  Ill check this out to see if it speeds up my lounge.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2011, 07:43:24 PM »

My lounge is always slow and I usually set the track before hand.  Tires do warm up a little in my lounge but not to full temperature.  Ill check this out to see if it speeds up my lounge.

Awesome it works.  My lounge is no longer slow.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2011, 10:49:00 PM »

Well the new patch is out there, it's 380mb and has some interesting additions / changes as well as some temporary reward increases for the Seasonal events.  Taken from the GT Planet article..

As announced, the latest version of Gran Turismo 5, v1.10, has just been made available for download. Here’s a complete list of changes and bug fixes:

Racing Gear Items

* New racing gear items consisting of helmets and suits have been implemented. These can be used by players in A-Spec, or for any of the “My Drivers” in B-Spec.
    * There are plenty of variations to the racing gear items and, in addition to several sets being given out as presents when you start GT Mode, players will be able to win new ones when successful in online events. Players can also take a photo of their drivers wearing their favourite gear, and use that custom photo for a driver profile.
    * For more details, please refer to “Racing Gear” under Top Menu -  [Manual] – [GT Mode].

Special Online Event Campaign

* For a limited time, all event prizes will be tripled, and all cars appearing in the Online Collector’s Dealership will be brand new (0 mileage) and at half price.

Prizes for online events

* GT5 will now offer online events in which players can win Racing Gear items and cars as prizes, according to performance. The content of the prizes and the conditions for winning them will vary per event.
    * Details of the various events are found in [GT Life] – [Online Events].

Parts purchases through the Settings screen

* In the Settings screen, parts that players have not yet purchased will now have a shopping cart icon appearing next to them. These can now be purchase on the spot. Purchased parts will immediately be equipped on their car.
    * For details, refer to Top Menu –  [Manual] – [GT Life] – [Settings]

Improved Opponent AI Algorithm

* The search range of opponent AI has been expanded and their intelligence algorithm has been improved.

Interrupting and resuming Championship races

* In the championship races of A-Spec and B-Spec modes within [GT Life], there is now an interrupt button in the quick menu which appears after completing individual races.
    * If the interrupt button is pressed, the event will be interrupted and a player’s record up to that point will be saved, and the game will end. The next time the player starts the game, they can continue the championship race from where they left off.

Additional music track

* After playback of the ending movie (*short version), “Day To Live/daiki kasho” will be added as a bonus music track.

Other Changes

* Check the physical endurance of drivers that are resting in the B-Spec endurance races.
    * Sort the garage by [Last Car Driven]
    * In [Weight Adjustment] of [Settings], players can now see changes in the front to rear weight balance when the ballast position is changed.
    * The A-Spec driver is now displayed in the profile screen.
    * In the pit menu of B-Spec, the time limit for being able to direct pit work has been changed from reaching “0″ in the count down, to “Until the car comes to a complete stop”.
    * The sorting order of the music album has been improved.
    * When selecting a track created in Course Maker from the course album of Arcade Mode or GT Mode, players can now run single races with up to 16 cars. (Excluding some tracks such as those made before the update, and dirt tracks.)
    * It is now possible to take 3D photographs even without connecting a 3D compatible TV.
    * It is now possible to export 3D photographs to [Photo] on the XMB™.

Correction of Known Issues

* PDI has addressed the issue of the maximum speed set in the transmission settings of the settings menu differing from the actual top speed of the car. This will affect cars equipped with the relevant transmission tuning part, and almost all racing cars. Cars for which each gear ratio was adjusted manually with a full customised transmission in update versions 1.07 and earlier will not be affected.
    * An issue with the increase and decrease of the online logon bonus has been corrected.
    * An issue where the player’s car and opponents’ cars braked at the wrong timings in the pit lane during B-Spec has been corrected.
    * A problem where racing sound effects were turned off after changing settings in the quick menu has been corrected.
    * An issue of how dirty the oil is when players purchase a used car not being affected by the car’s mileage has been corrected.
    * An issue where some of the driver gear colours had changed after the 1.06 update has been corrected.
    * An issue in the championships of GT Life where opponent cars kept using the same tyres in the second race and onwards has been corrected.
    * An issue where the menu BGM was being played back during remote racing rather than the race BGM has been corrected.
    * An issue of the program freezing when opening a garage containing nearly the maximum number of cars has been corrected.

A new “Expert Challenge Race” Seasonal Event has also been made available with the following races:

* Trial Mountain in a Fiat 500
    * Tsukuba in a Lotus Elise 111R
    * Laguna Seca in a Subaru Impreza Sedan

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2011, 11:40:54 PM »

Network seems kinda flaky...  Constantly going up and down.  I like what I see in the Online UCL...  Also also, schweet threads!!!  I iz gonna bee stylin' and profilin' fer sure.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2011, 05:52:35 AM »

Some nice changes here. I particularly like
-Buying parts in the settings screen
-Sorting garage by last driven
-Prizes for online events - I'm assuming this is for seasonal events
-Weight adjustment being visual too
(Interrupting championships when I first did a-apec/b-spec)

good fixes
-Top speed settings are now accurate...if it works

I was never aware of the other problems. The login bonus was predictable to me. If you didn't log in one day, your bonus would drop to 5, then increase each day 6-7-8-9- and top out at 10, until you missed a day logging in. Doesn't sound like a bug to me, sounds like a designed incentive to log in, if that makes any sense.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2011, 08:31:13 AM »

Has anyone else noticed an undocumented graphics update?  I'd swear some of the standard cars are looking crisper and with smoother lines / edges now.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

War_Hound

• Longtail Tuna
  • Steering: DFGT Voice: Turtlebeach Wireless
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2011, 08:39:37 AM »

Has anyone else noticed an undocumented graphics update?  I'd swear some of the standard cars are looking crisper and with smoother lines / edges now.

i bought a whack of race cars from the OCD last night and they do look better. the bobs have different graphics now as well. the tune shop menus are faster and there are less places to press "okay" now.

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2011, 01:25:47 PM »

I wonder if they'll ever give us private online rooms.     :'(

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2011, 02:07:11 PM »

PROTECT MY PRIVATES!!!

That's all I'm saying.   :)

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2011, 03:57:12 PM »

Yowza! dere's a whole bunch of new shit to check out.   Not only can you send up to Five Paint chips and Five performance upgrades, and one car(d) per day, you can addz five suits/helmets to the list! :D

Also, after completing an online race, there's a chevron on the lower right corner of the screen with the driver's uniform and a #1 inside the chevron wreath - pretty cool.  

The seasonal online races offer a Level 23 card (Not available to date), but good luck getting the s.o.b.  I tried several times in the Fiat, the Elise and the Imprezza and didn't even come close.  Best finish was 4rd.  :-\
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:59:25 PM by TunahCroonah »

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2011, 04:56:44 PM »

Indeed you can gift suits and helmets. I think I gifted 4 of each from one account and proceeded to gift as many as 2 more of each from my main account. (I think I tried to send more and it gave me the daily limit message) That's a total of 12, on top of the normal gifting. I may be misremembering.

Also, I really like the display of weight distribution. I always wanted that to be included in the settings. Unfortunately, on a 1200kg car, the 200kg doesn't make a big % chage front-rear, maybe 5%, if you add the whole weight, which is bad. So my fully lightened Supra RZ with weight distribution of 60-40 can't be helped much. Also, the Supra doesn't look any better than it used to. It's one of the poorly finished cars in GT5.

So far, I saw you can buy parts in your settings area, but not unreversable mods - engine mod, weight reductions.

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2011, 05:01:17 PM »

Man, I haven't even had a chance to check out all the cool stuff you all are talking about. Stupid work!!

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2011, 05:08:09 PM »

If y'all haven't noticed yet, when you change your driver's suit and helmet, you can tell it to take a pic. It'll give you 9 to choose from, and you can set it as your profile pic. I did it on my MMX account. Some of the poses are pretty funny.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2011, 11:37:55 PM »

Helmets and Racing Suits

I was able to "gift" 16 helmets and 16 racing suits.  (along with 5 parts, 5 paints, and 1 car -- as usual)  It appears there may not be a gift limit for those type of items; might have been able to "gift" more but 16 was all I had...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 117   Go Up