SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 11:49:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141310 times)

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #255 on: September 16, 2011, 02:10:49 PM »

I didn't get a chance to see how people were cheating this time. I've run thousands of laps (okay, more like a thousand) at the TGTT in offline practice mode and the boundaries where your laps "go red" (short-cut penalty) are pretty well defined in my mind. It's really hard to cheat those lines. In fact, I think it's nearly impossible.

I just tried to run the "new and improved" version of the SLS challenge and it's FUCK ed. The 'out-of-bounds' lines seem completely arbitrary. I'm getting penalized and I have no idea why. There is that slight left kink between the cones on the approach to Chicago. I got near - did not touch, just got near - the cones on the inside and FUCKINGBAM! red lap time. Different lap, I swung out to nail Bentley going on to the backstraight (kinda) and reddened again. Didn't touch anything. Didn't cross any visible line. What the hell?

For me, it's like learning an entirely new track that looks exactly like something I know more or less by heart. It's pretty doggammed frustrating. 

This spiral of incompetent doom is getting old. PD: Can you please try and get it right the first time, so you don't have to over-correct and fuck it up even worse the second time? Thanks.

Aaaand breath.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #256 on: September 16, 2011, 03:27:12 PM »

I thought the penalty areas weren't supposed to change until the 22th.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #257 on: September 16, 2011, 03:44:48 PM »

I thought the penalty areas weren't supposed to change until the 22th.

Oh. I can only expect that it will get worse...

Brindle

« Reply #258 on: September 18, 2011, 08:21:47 AM »

I did some testing yesterday with the "time progression" in an online lounge.  I wanted to run my series with a specific time progression, so I wanted to figure out how to to "math it out" for a given race length.  This is what I came up with and is quite accurate.  I think...

Time Frame in min.
                         =  Time Progression #
Race Length in min.

Example...    600 mins (10 hours) ((length of time you want to pass))
                                                                                              =  10  (Actual Time Progression #)
                  60 mins (1 hour) ((length of your race to be run))

What led me to this was figuring out that a Time Progression # of 1 = 1hr in 1hr and a Progression # of 60 = 1hr in 1 min.  I physically checked the 60 value and in a 12 hour time frame, it took exactly 6 mins to reach mid day, and 12 mins to reach 12 hours.  (i used  shadows at the start finish line).  Then i "mathed" it out...  

720 mins (12 hours) (time frame)
                                                                            =  60 (Time Progression #)
                                    12 mins (race length)

So, as far as I can tell, that formula should work for any race length and time frame you want to race.  It only gets touchy approaching a 10+ hour race length with a 12+ hour time frame.  You then start to get 3.x, 2.x and 1.x Time Progression #'s.  

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #259 on: September 18, 2011, 08:38:05 AM »

I didn't get a chance to see how people were cheating this time. I've run thousands of laps (okay, more like a thousand) at the TGTT in offline practice mode and the boundaries where your laps "go red" (short-cut penalty) are pretty well defined in my mind. It's really hard to cheat those lines. In fact, I think it's nearly impossible.

I just tried to run the "new and improved" version of the SLS challenge and it's FUCK ed. The 'out-of-bounds' lines seem completely arbitrary. I'm getting penalized and I have no idea why. There is that slight left kink between the cones on the approach to Chicago. I got near - did not touch, just got near - the cones on the inside and FUCKINGBAM! red lap time. Different lap, I swung out to nail Bentley going on to the backstraight (kinda) and reddened again. Didn't touch anything. Didn't cross any visible line. What the hell?

For me, it's like learning an entirely new track that looks exactly like something I know more or less by heart. It's pretty doggammed frustrating. 

This spiral of incompetent doom is getting old. PD: Can you please try and get it right the first time, so you don't have to over-correct and fuck it up even worse the second time? Thanks.

Aaaand breath.

I sat and talked about this with Josh the other night after we hijacked Brindles lounge. Josh explained the faulty lines being used and ran some laps with it and immediately and consistently ran in the low 1:17's with it in a rental SLS. I also took a look at the at the time time leaders replay and there is a significant cut over the concrete in hamerhead (I think it is) visible in the replay. the cutting was not as significant as Josh explained (not to mention the name did not match the one josh gave) so I assumed some of the hacks had been DQ'd and removed, never the less they where going behind cones into the conctete where they where supposed to be on the blacktop.

When I last checked it my time was still valid so I said fuck that, I ain't even going to dick with it if I still have a time.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #260 on: September 18, 2011, 09:54:30 AM »

So, as far as I can tell, that formula should work for any race length and time frame you want to race.  It only gets touchy approaching a 10+ hour race length with a 12+ hour time frame.  You then start to get 3.x, 2.x and 1.x Time Progression #'s.

So are you not allowed to enter decimal fractions, only whole numbers?

Brindle

« Reply #261 on: September 18, 2011, 10:12:35 AM »

Yes, the slider is in whole numbers.  So if you calculated a 2.6, you would have to choose between 2 or 3. 

Or was that not the question.   :-[

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #262 on: September 18, 2011, 10:30:36 PM »

Yes, you answered my question.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #263 on: September 20, 2011, 10:04:00 AM »

Another PS3 Update caused my Internet connection to fail loading last night.  When will Sony get it?  Why can't they just NOTIFY us of ALL interruptions to our accessibility?   I was thinking it was my internet carrier, when it was really Sony.   This was an interruption that lasted more than an hour......why not tell us this was about to happen, rather than leave us guess?   They're probably preparing the servers for the deletion of online Gran Turismo 5 Prologue service at the end of September (9-30-11).

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #264 on: September 20, 2011, 11:35:41 AM »

:stoopid:
Amen Allstar.
Why they think they have to reinvent the goddamn wheel with everything they do is a mystery to me.
Beyond tired of PD's ego.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #265 on: September 20, 2011, 11:55:10 AM »

Ya know why I LOVE this Board?  Huh? Aw., C'mon......You can't even remotely guess? 

Because you can say things that would get you banned or removed from the Deathstar....Like....

PD Really Sucks sometimes, and Sony Bites the Big ONE....especially when it comes to MAINTENANCE! HAH! There, I said it and I DEFY anyone to remove me from this sit

UCanTuna

• Mr. Man
  • The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Say whaaaaat?
« Reply #266 on: September 20, 2011, 02:10:52 PM »

There, I said it and I DEFY anyone to remove me from this sit

I don't think THAT's gonna happen. Not for bad mouthing Sony anyway. :)
Did you just say "Djibouti"?

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #267 on: September 20, 2011, 02:32:33 PM »

Wow! My computer went dead during that last post...I thought I had been nuked from the site,

(It was the battery cable that came undone!) Anyways, bad mouthing Sony and PD for their IDIOCY is normal around here.  It Gets to be Really dicey if ya start cracking on another member. :copz:

But PD and Sony are "Fair Game"......after all, flagrant lying and misinformation goes hand-in-hand with their organizations (at least their marketing and promotions departments). 

Here's a couple of rumors I can start to get yer juices flowing:

"Sony to announce pay for play online services starting 2012".   :o :-X :lmao

Oh, here's another one:

"Polyphony Digital to launch Free DLC content during the Holiday season.  Also announces DLC Content that will be available on a pay for play add-on for GT5 at the Playstation Store after the New Year".  :laugh :rofl :lmao

Ok.....so I Lied.....no worse that the Two Organizations that gave us the Gaming Platform that is not BC or the Game that is missing half of the Tracks from the previous full game version.   

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #268 on: September 20, 2011, 02:42:10 PM »

GT strikes me as being someones hobby not a real commercial project.  They spend time fooling with things that interest them and conveniently don't work on the boring things that make it a good game.  Who wants to work on making sure that the penalty areas are correct?  But a GPS system that can track a real car around the track is really cool or having nine ps3s connected together to make one huge screen.  who needs an AI that is fun to drive against or a leveling system that makes the game enjoyable.  But modelling the cars way past what the ps3 can handle is really cool.  Or having a dynamic light and weather system.  Sometimes you jaw drops when you see the amazing things they can accomplish when they put their mind to it.  Other times its What the Fuck Were They Thinking?

UCanTuna

• Mr. Man
  • The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Say whaaaaat?
« Reply #269 on: September 21, 2011, 07:08:02 AM »

Other times its What the Fuck Were They Thinking?

Much of my observations about the game have fallen into this category.

It seems like I've had a software and system update in the past couple of weeks but I'm not seeing anything different, or new. We're these background fixes? Bugs and shit?
Did you just say "Djibouti"?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 117   Go Up