• April 29, 2024, 04:28:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141782 times)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #285 on: September 26, 2011, 07:07:29 PM »

I noticed the same thing, Chrome.  You may have hit on the difference being that one is a gift car from the game and one is ticket redemption.  I have seen this several times.  There would be one clue to check: The cars all have a delivery date when you look at the stats from the garage screen.....check the dates.  If the first one was a gift, then it may have more horsepower than the 0 mileage car you obtained from the coupon.  Although, I don't see where the justification would be for having different values for the same car with 0 mileage. :-\  Only PD's Infinite *cough* wisdom would be able to explain that one.   :laugh

After some experimenting with 4 different cars, this seems to be the case. The prize car given by the game, or bought in game, always had more HP than the same car received through a ticket.

Why?  :-\
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #286 on: September 29, 2011, 01:57:55 PM »

Are there any current GT5 tracks at which nobody can cheat (bounce off walls, cut corners, whatever)?

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #287 on: October 04, 2011, 02:43:42 PM »

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #288 on: October 04, 2011, 03:50:08 PM »

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #289 on: October 05, 2011, 04:15:05 PM »

Wow, What a schweet Video (not to mention the mere SOUND of that car).  Thanks, MGT!

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #290 on: October 05, 2011, 09:45:45 PM »

Yeah, GT5's audio is one of the last big "holes" left to be filled and nothing was said about it in the announcement.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #291 on: October 07, 2011, 09:37:34 AM »

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5990.html

Get Ready to download the Red Bull X2010 to commemorate Sebastian Vettel’s historic F1 Championship
Last Updated: Oct 05, 2011
Keywords: X2010,  Sebastian Vettel,  Adrian Newey,  Red Bull

Sebastian Vettel, the youngest driver ever to become F1 champion, is poised to make history with his second F1 championship title in two years. Should he take home the crown yet again, Polyphony Digital will commemorate the historic event by offering the Red Bull X2010 fantasy vehicle for a limited time to anyone who logs into in Gran Turismo 5. This coveted vehicle is the ultimate prize for mastering all of the challenges Gran Turismo 5 has to offer, and now everyone can experience its pure speed thanks to this special opportunity.

One of the stars of the Red Bull racing team, Vettel currently has a commanding lead in the F1 Drivers Championship. With only five races left in the 2011 season, Vettel currently has a 124-point lead over McLaren driver Jenson Button. Having already earned 309 points so far this season, Vettel needs to score only one point, by finishing 10th place or better, in one of the remaining five races to go home with the title.

The next race on the F1 calendar is the Japan Grand Prix, scheduled to take place on October 9. Should Vettel clinch the F1 championship for the second time, look for the official announcement on gran-turismo.com and in the News section in Gran Turismo 5 to find out when this special limited time offer will start.

About the Red Bull X2010:

The Red Bull X2010 racecar is the ultimate driving machine. A fantasy vehicle found exclusively in Gran Turismo 5, the X2010 was created as a joint project between Red Bull Racing and Gran Turismo makers Polyphony Digital. It was designed with only one purpose in mind: to go fast as possible, free of any and all racing regulations. Initial plans for the X2010 called for it to be a conventional single-seat race-car with covered wheels. But Adrian Newey, genius chief technical officer of Red Bull Racing and partner in the X2010 project, suggested a radical element be added to improve the car’s downforce: fan technology.

The X2010 isn’t the first racecar to adopt fan technology. It has been tried before in the Chaparral 2J and Brabham BT46B, but both these racecars were ultimately banned from professional racing because they were deemed to make the vehicle too fast. The X2010 incorporates this forbidden technology flawlessly, as the car’s front and rear wings were designed to maximize the fan’s effectiveness. All of this results in a car that is capable of going more than 450 km/h, and that pulls 8.75gs of lateral acceleration through corners…the very limits of what the human body can handle.

Conceived by Polyphony Digital and perfected by Adrian Newey, the X2010 is indeed the ultimate racecar. And the only way to experience it is in Gran Turismo 5.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #292 on: October 07, 2011, 09:54:44 AM »

I saw this on the planet about a week ago.

It got me fired up.  Thanks again PD for giving away shit that a lot of us worked for. 

Lesson here.  Don't bother achieving goals in the game.  PD will give you the rewards a little later on.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #293 on: October 07, 2011, 10:09:38 AM »

My B-spec drivers got me an x2010 at level 35.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #294 on: October 07, 2011, 10:17:10 AM »

It got me fired up.  Thanks again PD for giving away shit that a lot of us worked for. 

Lesson here.  Don't bother achieving goals in the game.  PD will give you the rewards a little later on.

Oh, I thought it was, good things come to those who procrastinate. 
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #295 on: October 07, 2011, 10:41:17 AM »

Oh, I thought it was, good things come to those who procrastinate. 

Soon

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #296 on: October 08, 2011, 03:05:34 PM »

So I keep reading that the physics are changing, even before the 2.0 update.

Has anyone here noticed this?  I haven't raced in a few days so I'm unaware of what's going on.

I'm also reading the gap between offline and online physics is shrinking.  My question is, what way is it going?  If offline more like online was?  Or is online more like offline was?  Or is it somewhere in the middle?

Thanks.  :)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #297 on: October 08, 2011, 03:17:33 PM »

Has anyone here noticed this?  I haven't raced in a few days so I'm unaware of what's going on.

I'm also reading the gap between offline and online physics is shrinking.  My question is, what way is it going?  If offline more like online was?  Or is online more like offline was?  Or is it somewhere in the middle?

I think I've noticed a small difference offline, mainly when drifting. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it does seem slightly different. They may be "loosening"(for lack of a better term) up offline, to match online.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #298 on: October 08, 2011, 04:28:17 PM »

I think I've noticed a small difference offline, mainly when drifting. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it does seem slightly different. They may be "loosening"(for lack of a better term) up offline, to match online.

ya I noticed the same "looseness" today in online practice, also the draft seems less dramatic. Haven't tried offline yet
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #299 on: October 08, 2011, 05:35:23 PM »

It seems to me that Online is heading more towards Offline right now, but I do think offline is changing too so they may end up meeting near the middle come S-Day. 

I think too that a lot of it depends on the cars you're driving in terms of what differences you're seeing.  This past week I've spent some time testing and tuning muscle cars online with some folks for a PSN event and we've noticed some significant changes with those cars, I've also tried a few other cars and the changes are less pronounced but I think still there.

Two of the biggest differences seem to be the way the game deals with / calculates and uses both torque and weight.  From the torque point of view it's particularly evident with the transmission settings, the individual gears and settings (at least in muscle cars) seem to be much more in line with how they are in real life.  So you can put in numbers from a real transmission into say a Chevelle and it will act very close to what you'd expect from a real Chevelle with that actual transmission, according to the folks I've been tuning with.

Weight seems to have taken on a whole new dynamic now and is affecting things like tires / grip, drafting and suspension setups more or at least differently than it used to.  Again we noticed this mostly with muscle cars, it's hard to put my finger quite on what it is but the heavier muscle cars are definitely behaving different and have required some suspension retuning to deal with the new weight calculations. 

As far as drafting goes it now seems to be affecting heavy and light cars differently, lighter cars seem to get a bit floaty feeling and pick up the draft relatively quickly where as the heavier cars take a bit longer to catch it (while the invisible draft forces build up enough to shift the weight) and feel like a big freight train once they get going.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 117   Go Up