SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 05:06:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141824 times)

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #360 on: October 17, 2011, 10:55:54 PM »

Send all museum cards to TunaCroonah he loves that stuff.  :laugh

Dude: I might have to sic on you for that last comment.

No, NO! Croonah does NOT LOVE, Does NOT want and/or does NOT NEED any of the Worthless Museum Cards

No worries I sent them all to    

:lmao 

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #361 on: October 17, 2011, 11:00:18 PM »

As most of you have already found out, The following information was released today - Don't shoot the messenger!:

Only hours away from release, Sony Computer Entertainment America has announced via Twitter the release of Gran Turismo 5‘s first DLC - including the highly anticipated Spa Francorchamps circuit - has been delayed in North America until October 25th, 2011. No further explanation is offered, but the tweet does mention the content will include a “special bonus” when it is eventually released next week:

Update: GT5 DLC will hit the North American Store on 10/25 but will include a special bonus. Apologies for the inconvenience!

The DLC is presumably still on schedule to be available to the rest of the world on Tuesday, October 18th, at 07:00 UTC (convert this to your local time zone here), according to another tweet from Kazunori Yamauchi earlier today.

Always the Bridesmaid, never the bride........Oh let's be direct about this.... :nono  No, Really.....

Kaz!

The next thing you know is they will tell us that the "special bonus" will only be available in the Continental U.S., :o 

The Old "Bait and Switch" comes to mind here....C'mon PD, get it FUCK ing right for once, will ya?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 11:07:35 PM by TunahCroonah »

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #362 on: October 17, 2011, 11:09:18 PM »

What?  You didn't see this coming?  This is right up PD's fucking alley. 

On a serious note.  I'm with ya AllStar.  Fuck, I'm a little irked.

ZeeTuna303

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #363 on: October 18, 2011, 12:28:57 AM »

Yep.... No surprises here....

There is a bit of a temporary saving grace though - You can still race the tracks in open lobby rooms... I bet I ran about 30-40 laps there tonight with some pretty good guys from Japan... As long as the original host had the DLC the track will automatically download the same way that a created on will, no purchase required...

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #364 on: October 18, 2011, 04:56:02 AM »

Wow.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  After reading over at GTPlanet, it sounds like they botched the entire DLC thing.  DLC is tied to your account and is region locked so make sure you buy it from your main account.  You won't be able to use it on other accounts.  Paints can't be gifted and are single use.  You have to buy multiple paint packs to get your cars all the same colour.  I'm stuck with PD and Sony this gen but I may be switching for the next gen of consoles. 

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #365 on: October 18, 2011, 05:39:04 AM »

Wow.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  After reading over at GTPlanet, it sounds like they botched the entire DLC thing.  DLC is tied to your account and is region locked so make sure you buy it from your main account.  You won't be able to use it on other accounts.  Paints can't be gifted and are single use.  You have to buy multiple paint packs to get your cars all the same colour.  I'm stuck with PD and Sony this gen but I may be switching for the next gen of consoles. 

Interesting, I'd hoped if I brought it once I'd be able to at least use it with the 2nd account on the same actual console like the Pre-order cars / Edge Camaro but I will defintely NOT be buying it more than once (if that, at this point).

The paint issue just highlights their ineptitude at this point, not being able to trade the DLC paint I can understand but only giving you 1 of each per purchase is somewhat mind-boggling, I get they don't want people cloning them and they want to make more money by making you buy the paint pack again but they could have at least given us say 5 of each colour (or let us choose our own selection of 100 chips from the DLC list, so we can get multiples of one instead of 10 unwanted chips).  I would assume too that if you use a special paint on a car and gift it that the receiver won't get a copy of the chip either.

So far Spec 2.0 seems like generally a good thing but the following DLC appears to be coming with a large side order of Ineptitude.  And coming out on the 25th now is actually making me consider not bothering with it and just getting BF3, with even just a week's difference in release dates I was going to get both without question but now I find myself hesitating to get the DLC.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #366 on: October 18, 2011, 05:56:11 AM »

FUUUCK!!!  >:(
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #367 on: October 18, 2011, 06:53:20 AM »

As most of you have already found out, The following information was released today - Don't shoot the messenger!:

Only hours away from release, Sony Computer Entertainment America has announced via Twitter the release of Gran Turismo 5‘s first DLC - including the highly anticipated Spa Francorchamps circuit - has been delayed in North America until October 25th, 2011. No further explanation is offered, but the tweet does mention the content will include a “special bonus Bone Us” when it is eventually released next week:

Fix'd
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

ZeeTuna303

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #368 on: October 18, 2011, 07:34:15 AM »

I've got a question that could use some consideration - Are these paints truly unique or is it like the new race suits where you can actually just win them through normal gameplay? Does the game simply recognize that you've purchased the pack and give you them all in one shot for one time use?

I'm about as worried about the paints as I am about the stupid racing suits - I could care less.... I've got enough paints that I'll never use and unless someone can definitively prove that being a special color makes you faster... It's all fluff that really makes NO DIFFERENCE to the game, guys and ontop of it - it's basically free when you buy the stuff that you actually want... Shrug*

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #369 on: October 18, 2011, 07:47:52 AM »

I've got a question that could use some consideration - Are these paints truly unique or is it like the new race suits where you can actually just win them through normal gameplay? Does the game simply recognize that you've purchased the pack and give you them all in one shot for one time use?

I'm about as worried about the paints as I am about the stupid racing suits - I could care less.... I've got enough paints that I'll never use and unless someone can definitively prove that being a special color makes you faster... It's all fluff that really makes NO DIFFERENCE to the game, guys and ontop of it - it's basically free when you buy the stuff that you actually want... Shrug*

Some of the paints are definitely new (some of the chrome paints for sure).  The only reason that I can see for buying paints is so that you could pick a unique paint to use on all of your cars for racing online.  It's a lot easier to do this with non-dlc paint but still too much of a hassle for me to worry about.  Basically I'm getting the paints for free anyway since I am buying them with the cars and tracks.  The whole one use per paint chip is an ill-conceived idea.  Not sure what PD was thinking.  But then they continue to make really odd decisions and Sony isn't helping.  It's not like they learn from their mistakes.  They keep screwing up over and over and over and over again.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #370 on: October 18, 2011, 08:30:26 AM »

I've got enough paints that I'll never use and unless someone can definitively prove that being a special color makes you faster...

While it won't make you faster they might make everyone else slower.. I mean people will be so busy laughing at my Raspberry Chrome Racing Prius with Fluoresence Orange wheels that they'll have to pull off the track or at least slow down to avoid crashing which will give me the edge I need to whisk silently by, assuming the battery hasn't run out :D.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #371 on: October 18, 2011, 08:32:13 AM »

I haven't looked at switching my avatar driver's suit once nor changed a car's colour, either, so maybe I can send PD a message by just getting the cars and tracks and not support silliness by throwing away money.

Why buy something I probably will never use, right?

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #372 on: October 18, 2011, 08:52:46 AM »

I haven't looked at switching my avatar driver's suit once nor changed a car's colour, either, so maybe I can send PD a message by just getting the cars and tracks and not support silliness by throwing away money.

Why buy something I probably will never use, right?

You save a dollar by buying the complete pack compared to buying just the cars and the tracks.  I thought of just going with the tracks since the track pack is a much better value for me.  The car pack is a good example of why I'm worried about the future of the franchise.  It's a year after release and the best thing that they can produce for dlc cars are cars that are essentially already in the game.  Modelling is taking PD way way too much time.  If this is one pack of several in fairly quick succession then maybe I can understand but we have no idea if they are even thinking of more DLC.  If we get a new track pack every 2-3 months, I'll be pretty happy even with all the other mistakes that PD makes.  But if this is the last track pack, I'll be pretty tempted to switch to the other console next gen.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #373 on: October 18, 2011, 09:05:53 AM »

C'mon 11 you think they put in the DLC button if this was a one time thing? I am betting we will get tagged 4 times a year right up until they release 6. Getting a mound of cash they have not been able to raise in between other versions of the game.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #374 on: October 18, 2011, 09:36:33 AM »

C'mon 11 you think they put in the DLC button if this was a one time thing? I am betting we will get tagged 4 times a year right up until they release 6. Getting a mound of cash they have not been able to raise in between other versions of the game.

:stoopid:

They got a chance to make some more money off of us, I'm sure they'll milk it for as much as they can.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 117   Go Up