SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 03:23:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141723 times)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #435 on: October 22, 2011, 05:06:23 AM »

Yup, that's one of the downsides to having DLC.

Plus, if they have 20 to thirty of the missing tracks to still hand out, what will the final bill be?

Oh, and another thing is time. The longer PD takes to release all of what they plan on giving selling to us, the less time we'll have to use it before GT6 Prologue is out. That would be annoying.

I wouldn't be surprised if they market the old tracks like they do the hd remakes such as shadow of the colossus and ico. Especially if there a lot more tracks.  They may be almost gt4 quality tracks (standard tracks).

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #436 on: October 22, 2011, 08:58:35 AM »

As I've said over on the PSN forums I'm a little confused about the thought behind the recent free gifts, I don't mind that they're giving away the Stealth cars now just the way they're going about it seems a little illconceived.  The trouble is where they're giving away a specific car it puts some people in the position we're seeing whereby they can't download this new free gift because they already have it, I don't think it's fair that people should be excluded from obtaining a free GT Academy celebratory gift (the Stealth GT-R GT500) or the upcoming DLC delay compensation gift (the Stealth NSX GT500) just because they chose to preorder from a certain location over a year ago.

To avoid screwing people out of free gifts but still use Stealth cars why couldn't they have just put out a generic one-use gift code that would allow us to choose which one Stealth car we wanted, that way the people who have the Stealth GT-R could have chosen say the McLaren F1 Stealth (the one I have from my Gamestop preorder) or the SLS AMG Stealth or whatever other one they preferred.

Speaking of the GT Academy gift itself I think it was very much a missed opportunity, they could have given the NA region a neat little unique gift but instead just dredged up some old content that some people already have.  Even if they reissued the GT-R Academy Special which I think was a Europe region only Academy gift, that would have been good.  They could have gone as far as producing new custom skins for the Nissan 370z and GT-R to replicate those used in the actual show, that would've been really cool.  IMHO an opportunity missed.

But as they say hindsight is a wonderful thing and I'm really not visualizing these equine bestowments via their verbilization apertures, heck I'm glad they actually can and are still throwing us free gifts, updates and wotnot, I just wonder sometimes about the thought processess behind some of them :).

I get yer "drift" there, Bud.  But I look at it in a different way....The "gifted Stealth Cars" are just that....a Gift.  The only way you got the gift originally, was to PREORDER the game.  Hell, anyone can do that.  I preordered at Gamestop and got 2 cars. The McLaren Stealth F1 and the Joey Logano Gamestop Nascar (Fantasy) Car.  All I did was order early...I didn't have to pay a dime more for the game, it was only an early order incentive.  The fact that there were "exclusive" car giveaways depending on where you "preordered" GT5, Is only a bonus.  Look at it this way....Ultimately (at the rate we're going presently), we should get all of the stealth cars...sooner or later.   The fact that those who preordered the game and got the GTR 500 Stealth shouldn't complain.....they didn't pay any extra to get it. Problem is....PD FUCK ed up again by EXCLUDING THOSE PARTICULAR INDIVIDUALS who were awarded the GTR preorder bonus  in the first place...those people should get a different prize...like the Mazda 787B Stealth car.....but fret not...we'll eventually get them...at least the way PD is going about doing things (Effing up) currently.  The way they are operating, they will try to screw us out of just about everything until they get "feedback" from their customer reps.... That usually opens their eyes, just like the stupid "one account only DLC" Bullshit. If PD really took their gift of "brilliance" and put it to good use, they would think things through BEFORE they sent out a screwed up DLC.  Their only problem is that they are "Control Freaks".

Finally, the only REAL BITCH would be if they started to "give away" the Chrome Line Cars...which some of us paid extra for when purchasing the Collectors Edition.  ;) That would REALLY Piss Me Off!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 09:13:47 AM by TunahCroonah »

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #437 on: October 22, 2011, 09:07:34 AM »

Yup, that's one of the downsides to having DLC.

Plus, if they have 20 to thirty of the missing tracks to still hand out, what will the final bill be?

Oh, and another thing is time. The longer PD takes to release all of what they plan on giving selling to us, the less time we'll have to use it before GT6 Prologue is out. That would be annoying.

MGT, You're cracking me up.  It took 6 years to get from GT4 to GT5.  Hell, I'll probably be dead by the time SIX hits the streets,  The annoying thing is that they didn't put the GT4 Tracks (and the GT3 Complex String) in GT5.  THAT'S the annoying thing.  I want Seattle, and Midfield, and SS11, and New York, and Seoul (no scratch that one), and Fuji 80's, and Twin ring Motegi, and Test Track, and drag Strip, and, and, and, and well, you know.......I want them ALL, Dammit! (well, no, not Seoul - just didn't like that one much - 2 long straights and a couple of ziggy - zaggy thingys in between).   :laugh
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 09:17:02 AM by TunahCroonah »

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #438 on: October 22, 2011, 09:38:28 AM »

Yeah that's pretty much the point I was trying to make Croonah :), heck I almost wouldn't be surprised if they did something at Christmas regarding the Stealth cars (a bonus pack to fill in the gaps in our collections, or maybe adding them to dealerships like the DLC cars will be). 

I'm with you on the GT4 tracks too, heck I'd even take Seoul and it's ziggety zaggety bits just to have something new to drive on :D.  There were some really sweet tracks in GT2 too that I'd love to see make a comeback,  though given the evolution of some that did continue in the series (e.g. High Speed Ring) they may end up being different, read better, than I remember.. Red Rock Valley, Smokey Mountain and the Grindelwald spring immediately to mind. 

Best I don't get started on all the cars and stuff from GT2 lol, though speaking of cars I'd love to see the Australian FPV GT from GT4 make a comeback.  That was one of my favourite cars, maybe MasterGT can get them to look at the new 40th Anniversary special one, just kidding or thinking wishfully perhaps but everyone's got to have dreams ;D

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #439 on: October 22, 2011, 10:57:02 AM »

Seoul is just about the same as Norisring DTM track.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #440 on: October 24, 2011, 06:41:15 PM »

O.k., so when do we get that?  Norisring Track?  You Puttin' me on? Did you mean "Nose Ring"?  :lmao

I WOULD like to see them develop Bathurst and Silverstone.  :D

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #441 on: October 24, 2011, 07:24:07 PM »

Unrealistic, but I'm watching an old episode of Top Gear right now and May is driving a Quattroporte on the Targa Florio route. I'd love to see the Circuito Piccolo delle Madonie. Yeah, it's 45 miles long, but it's a brilliant 45 miles.

I'm guessing the track designer (the Italian layout, whatever it's called) is supposed to be a kind of substitute for this. But there's something about driving on those generated tracks that's just weird. I guess it's that it's so wide open with no scenery... or something. It just doesn't feel as... solid (?) as an actual circuit on the game.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #442 on: October 24, 2011, 08:21:25 PM »

Part of the problem with the track generator is that it's very generic and it makes circuits, so even while the track layout may vary the scenery itself can get very repetitive. 

Something I'd like to see particularly for the Mount Arsole and Toscana scenery would be a "point to point" road creator, so you can just create one length of road (like you see in some of the Special Events, rally and that Grand Tour one) that has a start point and an end point.  You don't do laps, rather just drive from one end to the other and possibly back again.

The other thing that some of us have discussed (or at least mentioned in passing) would be to have some sort of scenery modificator, so once you've generated a track (like Eifel say) you can add / remove / move at least some scenery elements to help create a more unique appearance around the track.  Adding in more stands / bleachers and walkways or signs over the track to give it a more "real" circuit feel, perhaps using shrubberies / trees and other topiary on Toscana / Mount Arsole to make proper foresty sections.  The possibilities could be limitless even with a fairly basic tool :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #443 on: October 24, 2011, 09:06:55 PM »

Woohoo! I've got the number one time on the skyline time trial.  In GTHD.  I fired it up and was surprised to see that the leaderboards were still active and people are still playing and setting times (if I remember correctly, the times are reset every week).  Its a little annoying driving without forcefeedback and things have come a long way since it came out but it still looks pretty good.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #444 on: October 25, 2011, 06:16:51 AM »

O.K., It's October 25nd, It's now 8:05 am (E.D.T.) and so where's the friggin' DLC for GT5?  Nothin' in the Playstation Store under Disc Based Games add on content.  W.T.F ?!?!?! 

Did I miss something?

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #445 on: October 25, 2011, 06:21:13 AM »

O.K., It's October 25nd, It's now 8:05 am (E.D.T.) and so where's the friggin' DLC for GT5?  Nothin' in the Playstation Store under Disc Based Games add on content.  W.T.F ?!?!?! 

Did I miss something?

Don't worry. It will be available "soon".  ;D
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #446 on: October 25, 2011, 06:31:34 AM »

Ah, so!  Or is it Aso, or arshole? 

"Soon" has brought new meaning to the word "contempt" in my vocabulary. :lmao :laugh

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #447 on: October 25, 2011, 06:35:53 AM »

"Soon" has brought new meaning to the word "contempt" in my vocabulary. :laugh

I think it's Ice Hole, or Fargin Ice Hole.  ^-^

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #448 on: October 25, 2011, 06:59:08 AM »

"Soon" has brought new meaning to the word "contempt" in my vocabulary. :laugh

I think it's Ice Hole, or Fargin Ice Hole.  ^-^

Johnny Dangerously was fuckin' funny man.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #449 on: October 25, 2011, 07:39:34 AM »

Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy cork-soakers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Roman Moroni: You fargin sneaky bastage. I'm gonna take your dwork. I'm gonna nail it to the wall. I'm gonna crush your boils in a meat grinder. I'm gonna cut off your arms. I'm gonna shove 'em up your icehole. Dirty son-a-ma-batches. My own club!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 117   Go Up