• April 29, 2024, 02:18:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141652 times)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #480 on: October 27, 2011, 01:28:38 PM »

Something I had noticed since 2.0, but didn't really think about it too much until now. The steering seemed slower, to the point I consider upping my sensitivity. Now that 2.01 is out, I'll hold off and see if it changed. 
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
  • Always stay true to yourself.
« Reply #481 on: October 27, 2011, 01:37:33 PM »

I like your wall form, and recovery.

Vid quality is fine, it must be a pain to get it up there.

I will have to try this now.  :)

The first time it happened I was a bit shocked... I know I said out loud WTF ... 
The vid was set to 720, but my cam has a 720 60fps and a 1080p setting too, it would have made it a bit sharper and brighter, but it was a spur of the moment thing.  It really isn't hard to do, just record and upload it to YouTube, really only takes a few minutes.  The hardest part for me is the actual recording, as it's handheld, keeping it steady is the key.

The $$$ is over 400,000cr and 51,000 ex.  for an 8 min race... not too shabby as  I'm trying to get my Infini acct to lvl 40
 (before Dude does :P) in A-spec, only several million more ex. pts. to go.  :D

ZeeTuna303

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #482 on: October 27, 2011, 01:40:15 PM »

Did anyone else notice a difference in the physics tonight? All cars seemed real sticky like SRF was on or something

Hmmm, I'm surprised that this comment hasn't grabbed that much attention especially since I see this as being the biggest and most concerning change that we never heard about directly from PD.... Have we all been so dazzled by the shiny things that nobody noticed that we all became waaaaaaay better drivers virtually overnight?   :-\

Seriously guys, we were doing some testing last night/this morning and there's no doubt that the physics of the game itself have been altered.... Don't believe me? Try this on for size - Take your RUF Yellowbird and crank it up to about 700 HP, Racing Soft tires, the works. That car was virtually undrivable with that much power previously, it was simply too much for the chassis and it fought you every step of the way no matter how you tuned it. Suddenly you can just mash the throttle (within SOME reason) out of the corner and you're fine, you can alter your line mid corner, you can save the car if you enter the corner too fast - It's a totally different animal now and not necessarily in a good way either. Sure, I enjoyed blasting that car around but I can't help but feel that some of the realism is lost and that the car SHOULD be a nightmare due to what it actually is - 700 HP, Rear engine, RWD, light on the front end and generally irritable in every way. It used to be a badge of honor to keep that thing together around the track, now it's just another day at the office.

A while back a few of us decided that just for fun we'd slap Comfort Hards on 1256 HP Veyrons and run them around Grand Valley. The instant that you'd go near the throttle all 4 wheels would ignite in columns of smoke and if you made ANY attempt to steer under throttle/brake/turn while braking the car's handling would closely resemble a motorboat on a lake... This morning I watch Nosoks run a car with that EXACT setup around Nurburgring in 8:30, something that I can say would have been impossible previously as the car was just too unstable before...

More examples? Sure!

Don't even get me started on the 2010 Camaro RM, that car is absolutely bulletproof unless you get completely ridiculous with it. On the grass? No biggie! Entering a corner too fast? No prob, just lift slightly! Car sliding out a bit? Just a turn in slightly and let off a bit and BANG, you're right as rain. It's supernatural.  

How about the Mercedes SL65? This car has been a personal favorite of mine for quite some time, not because it's super competitive or anything but because I always have a blast driving it. With 1000 HP/1050 ft/Lbs of torque it's always been a handful and you could drift that car on Racing Softs just as easily most cars drift on Comfort tires..... Most of the time you couldn't ever use all that power simply because you couldn't get it to hook up, now I can beat on that car like it owes me money. I ran it through the Carousel last night at 63-65 MPH and I KNOW that that was impossible previously, you had to virtually slow to a crawl to keep it from breaking out.

The bottom line is this - Something's up and I don't think it's for the better. Granted, this game has always been labeled as "excessively slippery" by the NFS/Grid/whoever crowd but I personally think that's part of the appeal for me, it's a challenge compared to a game where I'm automatically a driving god. I was talking with a friend of mine that had the chance to try out Forza 4 and he summed the game up pretty much exactly as I had pictured it would be "I can set the car up any way I want and it still handles at any extreme, I can enter corners too fast and simply drift through with ease, the game leans more towards NFS/easy physics than GT5 does and I don't think it could ever pull me away from this game regardless of how much flash they put on it"  What now scares me is that I'm seeing glimmers of that in GT5 now and that's the LAST thing that I want to have happen... If I wanted F-in NFS I know where Gamestop is and I think I should have the option to choose... If I didn't know better, PD is focusing more on trying to draw the Forza crowd than keeping their loyals happy and I'll go even further by saying that it seems like every tire has been moved up about 2 notches grip wise - Comfort Hard = Comfort Soft, Sports Hard = Sports Soft. I honestly have no idea exactly what Racing Soft now equals, it's definitely more grip than we ever had before.....
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 01:45:04 PM by ZeeTuna303 »

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #483 on: October 27, 2011, 01:48:45 PM »

Did anyone else notice a difference in the physics tonight? All cars seemed real sticky like SRF was on or something

Hmmm, I'm surprised that this comment hasn't grabbed that much attention especially since I see this as being the biggest and most concerning change that we never heard about directly from PD.... Have we all been so dazzled by the shiny things that nobody noticed that we all became waaaaaaay better drivers virtually overnight?   :-\

...... If I didn't know better, PD is focusing more on trying to draw the Forza crowd than kepping their loyals happy..

Thing is Z, that I experience the opposite this morning in that HSR seasonal.   Not stickier, but slicker.  Maybe the 2.0 was to sticky and they brought it back to a more real setting in 2.01.  I know others will test and comment, I'm hoping to see some input about this after more guys actually get on the track with the new update.  Is it online too?  Is it just the seasonals or just a glitch at HSR?

ZeeTuna303

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #484 on: October 27, 2011, 01:57:14 PM »

Infini,

We actually had just started talking about/testing this about an hour before the 2.01 update came down and had the chance to run quite a few cars before we updated... Immediately following the update we went and repeated the exact same tests with the exact same results. I think that this went down with the 2.0 but had kind of escaped me until now, it wasn't until Soks and I started really looking at it that we noticed what was up...

Seriously though, try out the Camaro RM and the Yellowbird at Nurburgring and you'll notice the difference almost immediately...

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #485 on: October 27, 2011, 02:09:35 PM »

I like your wall form, and recovery.

Vid quality is fine, it must be a pain to get it up there.

I will have to try this now.  :)

The first time it happened I was a bit shocked... I know I said out loud WTF ... 
The vid was set to 720, but my cam has a 720 60fps and a 1080p setting too, it would have made it a bit sharper and brighter, but it was a spur of the moment thing.  It really isn't hard to do, just record and upload it to YouTube, really only takes a few minutes.  The hardest part for me is the actual recording, as it's handheld, keeping it steady is the key.

The $$$ is over 400,000cr and 51,000 ex.  for an 8 min race... not too shabby as  I'm trying to get my Infini acct to lvl 40

We'll see.  :D

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #486 on: October 27, 2011, 02:17:10 PM »

:popcorn
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #487 on: October 27, 2011, 02:23:04 PM »

Are you still doing some online racing early on Saturday mornings Infinity? Its been awhile since Breakfast with Infinity.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #488 on: October 27, 2011, 02:43:51 PM »

Ok - I just checked out my Gran-Turismo site and noticed that there are two spaces for shared tracks.

Has anyone tried to put up more than one track?  Just wanted to see if this was a possibility...

I just tried but it wouldn't let me...   Said I didn't have any available slots.  I am currently only sharing one track though I have about 20 in my list.  (if I try someone's and like it, I save a copy in case they delete it down the road...)

I love your Jump Track, Wiz!!!   Can't :fuck ing believe I didn't save the replay from last Friday night.  I was getting where I could actually stick the landing...   8)

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #489 on: October 27, 2011, 03:08:28 PM »

Are you still doing some online racing early on Saturday mornings Infinity? Its been awhile since Breakfast with Infinity.

Hey Dude,
 I haven't done any online in quite some time.  A bit out of practice with it.  Though, I have been playing GT5 quite a bit.  Doing the whole seasonal thing, finally knocking out the last three golds in the licenses, didn't touch them for 6 months, decided to give them a go one morning and within a couple of hours I finished it up.  :) and also doing a bit of the online TT's and having a good time with them.  Hell, I haven't even been around here too much, but still pop in on occasion... obviously  ;)
I have been in touch with Mystic and told him I'm almost ready to getting back into the online.  So if you see me around online feel free to join us.  Though InfiniTuna probably won't be the acct I do it in, it's become more of a showcase acct... where I'll eventually finish everything up ... you know try for that 100% complete as I don't ever see myself doing all that in another acct.
I do have a two other very active accts going, one has almost as many cars as Infini and the other is approaching 500 cars.   So if you can stand my rustiness I'll be looking... even if I on under a different ID, I believe Mystic is on your friend list so keep look out.

The racing I would really like to do is Charlie's Friday night thing, but I work just about every Fri night, that's makes it a no go.  It's actually almost exactly what I'm looking for... no pts. or series, just get in the car(s) of choice, tune to spec and race... easy, quick and fun.  Unfortunately, I could never commit to any kind of series, scheduling and life just don't allow it, besides I like to keep it simple. 
 The one thing I wish the game had a quick race option... something akin to GT5P, this way if you don't have a lot of time, then just jump in the right car and go for a few races, but that doesn't seem to be planned  :(
Funny... as I typed this I just got a text from Charlie about tomorrow nights race...  :lolz

Damn, didn't plan on typing this much... :lolz tell me if you need the "Dude" synopsis... 

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #490 on: October 27, 2011, 03:13:41 PM »

Infini,

We actually had just started talking about/testing this about an hour before the 2.01 update came down and had the chance to run quite a few cars before we updated... Immediately following the update we went and repeated the exact same tests with the exact same results. I think that this went down with the 2.0 but had kind of escaped me until now, it wasn't until Soks and I started really looking at it that we noticed what was up...

Seriously though, try out the Camaro RM and the Yellowbird at Nurburgring and you'll notice the difference almost immediately...

Have you been on HSR with the FGT?  It could be a localized glitch... track related.  The difference is huge in those two turns, but not in the rest of the track.  I would think that the esses especially would be slick if the turns were, but I had no problems in them or in the big sweeping 1st turn.   A 20mph+ difference shouldn't happen overnight... but it did  :-\  I check it out tomorrow, maybe head over to GTPlanet to see what's being said... for now I need a few hours of sleep... work tonight...
later

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #491 on: October 27, 2011, 03:14:15 PM »

I'm good I actually read it all.  :o  I'll keep an eye out for you and Mystic.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 03:17:13 PM by DudeTuna »

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #492 on: October 27, 2011, 03:18:20 PM »

It's kind of funny... I only check once in a while,  Dude and myself have always been pretty close pts. wise in A-Spec... he right now is a bit ahead, but I'll fix that in the next few days... would have done more today if I didn't get involved with that whole HSR thing... a bit unnerving to be driving on the railing  ;D

ZeeTuna303

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #493 on: October 27, 2011, 04:09:20 PM »

Infini,

Have you been on HSR with the FGT?  It could be a localized glitch... track related.  The difference is huge in those two turns, but not in the rest of the track.  I would think that the esses especially would be slick if the turns were, but I had no problems in them or in the big sweeping 1st turn.   A 20mph+ difference shouldn't happen overnight... but it did  :-\  I check it out tomorrow, maybe head over to GTPlanet to see what's being said... for now I need a few hours of sleep... work tonight...
later

Actually, what you wrote got me thinking a bit - Could it be possible that they took a bit of the edge off of the online lobbies which were notably less forgiving to drive in than the offline mode and, on the flipside, made the offline portions of the game a little slipperier? We're both talking about the physics changing but at the same time we're talking about 2 separate arenas of play here and there's always been a difference between the 2 that was easy to spot. I'll try running the FGT event later when I hop on for a bit....

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #494 on: October 27, 2011, 05:26:11 PM »

I'll try testing this tonight with the only combo that I have figures for in my head.

I just don't remember whether I tested on-line or off-line, but I will have to do both now.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 117   Go Up