• April 29, 2024, 12:34:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141411 times)

GTP_Rylvir

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Longtail Tuna
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #495 on: October 27, 2011, 05:43:11 PM »

Interesting observations.. I went to the planet to see if something similar was being discussed and found this poll / thread -

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=226544

only thing I have personally noticed is that one of my cars I had been using in a racing series and was tuned in a manner that really worked good for me. All the sudden this car was driving as if it were on flat tires..  Bmw 330i, 445pp and Racing Hards just to give you an idea of the car setup.. Soo in my experience it seemed slicker than before in that one instance.. but I'm eager to run something tonight and mess around :D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:45:26 PM by GTP_Rylvir »

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #496 on: October 27, 2011, 07:07:09 PM »

I took the Schultze GT-R out on-line on the 24 Hour course and started to feel like a superhero.

Earlier, with over ten laps in (I'm not sure just how many), I was getting close to 8:30 on R2s, so maybe around 8:32, knowing that after a few more laps, surely I'd get an 8:30.xxx. Given some more laps, I am sure the time will drop some more.

Tonight, after the warm-up lap, I got an 8:33 and then on lap #2, got an 8:30.6.
This is after about two days of not even turning the PS3 on.

Ooops...

So, I switched to tuning sheet B and will try again, just in case there is something I changed.

I'll try again after supper.

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
  • Always stay true to yourself.
« Reply #497 on: October 27, 2011, 07:07:43 PM »

Infini,

We actually had just started talking about/testing this about an hour before the 2.01 update came down and had the chance to run quite a few cars before we updated... Immediately following the update we went and repeated the exact same tests with the exact same results. I think that this went down with the 2.0 but had kind of escaped me until now, it wasn't until Soks and I started really looking at it that we noticed what was up...

Seriously though, try out the Camaro RM and the Yellowbird at Nurburgring and you'll notice the difference almost immediately...

Have you been on HSR with the FGT?  It could be a localized glitch... track related.  The difference is huge in those two turns, but not in the rest of the track.  I would think that the esses especially would be slick if the turns were, but I had no problems in them or in the big sweeping 1st turn.   A 20mph+ difference shouldn't happen overnight... but it did  :-\  I check it out tomorrow, maybe head over to GTPlanet to see what's being said... for now I need a few hours of sleep... work tonight...
later

Actually, what you wrote got me thinking a bit - Could it be possible that they took a bit of the edge off of the online lobbies which were notably less forgiving to drive in than the offline mode and, on the flipside, made the offline portions of the game a little slipperier? We're both talking about the physics changing but at the same time we're talking about 2 separate arenas of play here and there's always been a difference between the 2 that was easy to spot. I'll try running the FGT event later when I hop on for a bit....

Just one more thing on this... Before I ran HSR earlier today, I also ran the FGT seasonal at Grand Valley... and I did not notice any real difference from my previous runs there.  My times and speeds seemed approx. the same.  I haven't ran any of the others yet, but it seems odd that Grand Valley isn't affected but HSR is in a big way.   

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #498 on: October 28, 2011, 08:01:20 AM »

Infini,

We actually had just started talking about/testing this about an hour before the 2.01 update came down and had the chance to run quite a few cars before we updated... Immediately following the update we went and repeated the exact same tests with the exact same results. I think that this went down with the 2.0 but had kind of escaped me until now, it wasn't until Soks and I started really looking at it that we noticed what was up...

Seriously though, try out the Camaro RM and the Yellowbird at Nurburgring and you'll notice the difference almost immediately...

Have you been on HSR with the FGT?  It could be a localized glitch... track related.  The difference is huge in those two turns, but not in the rest of the track.  I would think that the esses especially would be slick if the turns were, but I had no problems in them or in the big sweeping 1st turn.   A 20mph+ difference shouldn't happen overnight... but it did  :-\  I check it out tomorrow, maybe head over to GTPlanet to see what's being said... for now I need a few hours of sleep... work tonight...
later

Actually, what you wrote got me thinking a bit - Could it be possible that they took a bit of the edge off of the online lobbies which were notably less forgiving to drive in than the offline mode and, on the flipside, made the offline portions of the game a little slipperier? We're both talking about the physics changing but at the same time we're talking about 2 separate arenas of play here and there's always been a difference between the 2 that was easy to spot. I'll try running the FGT event later when I hop on for a bit....

Just one more thing on this... Before I ran HSR earlier today, I also ran the FGT seasonal at Grand Valley... and I did not notice any real difference from my previous runs there.  My times and speeds seemed approx. the same.  I haven't ran any of the others yet, but it seems odd that Grand Valley isn't affected but HSR is in a big way.   

Or.....Maybe PD decided we were having TOO MUCH Fun at HSR and needed to put a stop to it!

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #499 on: October 28, 2011, 09:04:10 AM »

Good News
http://www.gtplanet.net/update-coming-october-27th/

Update Coming October 27th
Gran Turismo 5    October 26th, 2011 by Famine
Just as the North American gamers are getting to grips with yesterday’s DLC addition, Kazunori Yamauchi has announced a game update. The update will address issues gamers have brought up with the Spec 2.0 version of the game released earlier this month:

We will be doing an October GT5 update in North America and Europe, planned for Oct. 27th. This will consist of:

1. Kart Space I/II of the DLC will become drivable with cars other than Karts in the online lounge and free run of Practice
2. Expanded restriction options for cars in the online lounge [Car Restrictions], [Performance Points], [Power], and [Car Model] regulations will be possible to set simultaneously.
3. Fix for issues in: Setting sheets, G25/27, resuming from pits in endurance races, TC car numbers and LSD settings, etc.
Many more minor adjustments have been made, but something like this.
Super w00t!

So I tried to do a mix of online settings simultaneously after patching, and was still stuck with EITHER PP OR HP & KG....  Disappoint.
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #500 on: October 28, 2011, 10:01:39 AM »

Tonight, after the warm-up lap, I got an 8:33 and then on lap #2, got an 8:30.6.

So, after taking a break, I got back on-line last night and did some more laps and nosocks showed up. With a blank tune and just R2s, we were both able to get down to 8:28s and had no fear doing it. The tires noticeably gripped better and even on off-camber curves that had the car sliding before, I could easily power through them. I was picking up power before the apex more often than not. We hardly ever went off road, unless we went just too far. You can still make mistakes, but the consequences are minor.

I've asked what changes were made, but I don't really expect an answer this time. I suspect that they did something to affect grip, so that could be bringing the tire softness down a level, from R3 to R2, or somehow reducing understeer.

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #501 on: October 28, 2011, 10:34:34 AM »

Or.....Maybe PD decided we were having TOO MUCH Fun at HSR and needed to put a stop to it!

My real question is this... is this a fix or a glitch because of the fix...  :-\

Also I'm wondering if the Indy TT has been affected too?  I haven't ran it since the update, will have to check it out over the next few days.  Has anyone here ran this both before and after 2.01?

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #502 on: October 28, 2011, 10:37:03 AM »

It seemed like after an earlier update, not 2.0, that oversteer understeer had noticably increased. Could it be that this change was reverted? Or is this something completely different. I haven't had time to run much since 2.0, so I'm not sure how much different the cars feel now.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 12:07:15 PM by DesertSniper72 »

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #503 on: October 28, 2011, 11:19:10 AM »

A few observations re: HSR

After doing 5 more seasonal races between two accts this is what I have found.

Better accelration coming out of the last turn.  I start slower... mid 180's and by the time I hit turn 1 I 'm going 233-234, previously I was low 200's at the slowest in the final turn, so my exit speed was higher, but my speed at turn 1 was 3-4 mph slower.

Turn 2... low 180's at best where before it was up to the mid 190's...

esses... I can take them a bit FASTER now... 117-119 was a good speed through them at the slowest points, now I can easily stay into the 120's and accelerate sooner.   So have more speed till the final turn where it's rinse and repeat.

Is it tires or aero that has changed, both?
If it's tires that are slicker, then why is the hold better through the esses, should be the opposite and if stickier, then turn 2 and the final turn should be even faster not so much slower.

Aero adjustments (lessen) would account for a higher speed... less drag... but then the esses should be slower too, at least I would think that's the way it should work.   :-\  I just don't get this.  Really not a huge problem, but something is definitely different and some of it doesn't make sense.  It's enough to make my  ^-^

Edit
The net result are laps that are about 1.5 seconds slower... the car set up is exactly as it has been, absolutely no changes.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 11:24:04 AM by InfiniTuna »

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #504 on: October 28, 2011, 11:20:55 AM »

I'm still convinced that they slowed the steering down since 2.0. My initial thought was they increased understeer, but upon further trial, the steering isn't as responsive as it use to be. It really shows in a chicane where you have to change directions quickly.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #505 on: October 31, 2011, 06:13:13 AM »

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone did this. 

GT5 DLC X2011 - Kart Space II Best Lap - 0:14.924

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #507 on: November 11, 2011, 11:55:19 AM »

Kaz's interview is up at GTPlanet: http://www.gtplanet.net/gtplanets-kazunori-yamauchi-interview-at-sema-2011-standard-cars-dlc-and-the-future-of-polyphony-digital/

Yes, Thanks, Dr. 11.  Seems as though Kaz DOES not have his head up his ass ALL of the time.  :o

I liked the part in the interview where he was more interested in "adding more cars" rather than making standard ones premium cars.   What the :fuck would we do with 50 Premium Skylines anyway?  How's about some new manufacturer Labels and more IMPORTANTLY......More Tracks.  He said he had wished he had provided more A-Spec races to allow for more opportunities to race favorite cars.....Well, here's your opportunity KAZ....REMEMBER DEALERSHIP RACES???  Let's take a page from GT4 and put various Dealership races back in the game. We had them with GT5 Prologue as well.......They could easily put 70 or more races in the Dealerships....Hell, they already have One-make races in Arcade Mode, so how complicated can it be?  ^-^ :-\

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #508 on: November 11, 2011, 12:34:58 PM »

One-make or Manufacturer specific races go all the way back to GT2, not every manufacturer had them but most had at least one race for one model.  Some even had 2 races for a specific make / model, one for the road car and one for the race modified version.. even the little Fiat 500s and Diahatsu Storias were cool when RM'd :).  Given all the premium and standard models there's probably scope for tons of possible races, so long as they're not all the "Chase the lead car" style the Seasonal races have become.

Speaking of RMs it'd be a great opportunity to add in more RM compatible cars coupled with races specifically for RM'd cars :D.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #509 on: November 11, 2011, 08:45:43 PM »

Speaking of RMs it'd be a great opportunity to add in more RM compatible cars coupled with races specifically for RM'd cars :D.

I'd settle for some new cars to fill in some of the dealer lots (even as standard models)

E.g.

Alfa Romeo TZ3 (new version)
Ferrari TR250
MGB and/or MGB GT
Triumph TR6 and 7 or 8
VW Scirroco
Porshce Cayenne, 935, 959  (surely there are RUF versions)
Volvo 1800 and/or 1800E
'67 GTO
55-57 Chevy Bel Air
'64 Chevy Impala
'36 Ford Coupe
various Cadillacs 
VW Thing (with ability to paint parts diff colors or trade them with friends)...
Mini Cooper with various "flags" on roof
Some AMC offerings (Javelin, AMX, Gremlin)
Ford Bronco
Jeep CJ series
Willy's Jeep
Any old '50 Mercurys...
can you say Studebaker Silver Hawk
'70 Camaro Z28 LT/1
Olds 442
'64 or 65 Chevy II
'67 Chevelle
'68 Nova
Corvair Spyder
Lambo Diablo (street)

oh snap!  too :fuck ing buzzed for this - :bong  I could go on all night...

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 117   Go Up