• April 29, 2024, 01:38:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141574 times)

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #510 on: November 11, 2011, 09:03:01 PM »

I "simply" would love a true Spec Miata (or two '91 & '99 just like in real life). Just imagine: a 1991 NA Chassis with 135hp to the crank, "only" Race Hard tires available, "only" 2225lbs weight, only adjustable camber (up to 2.5 degrees) ride height, toe, and sway bars; and that's it!

-No adjustable tranny
-Cars come with an LSD, but not adjustable
-No brake bias adjustment
-No Spring or Damper adjustment

Just like in real life the car would be amazing and the racing would be wen better.

Too much to ask?

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #511 on: November 11, 2011, 10:07:29 PM »

I "simply" would love a true Spec Miata....

Too much to ask?

Perhaps not quite what you're looking for SpecMiata, but when the Christmas patch comes out and makes the DLC Touring Cars available to purchase from Dealerships (assuming you have the DLC pack) there's always the possibility for a "no tuning allowed" series using a completely stock Mazda Roadster Touring Car.

I'd settle for some new cars to fill in some of the dealer lots (even as standard models)

This reminds me of a post on the PSN forums, the suggestion was RMs for Standard cars.. a lot less work than RMs for Premium cars I would imagine. 

And on the topic of Standard cars, I certainly wouldn't be adverse to having more of them added (I won't make a list, it would take WAY too long :laugh) especially if they could do a "Standard Plus" version.. basically Standard car detailed model but with the proper interior view like the open cockpit cars have even if it's a closed cockpit car.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #512 on: November 11, 2011, 11:04:11 PM »

This reminds me of a post on the PSN forums, the suggestion was RMs for Standard cars.. a lot less work than RMs for Premium cars I would imagine. 

And on the topic of Standard cars, I certainly wouldn't be adverse to having more of them added (I won't make a list, it would take WAY too long :laugh) especially if they could do a "Standard Plus" version.. basically Standard car detailed model but with the proper interior view like the open cockpit cars have even if it's a closed cockpit car.

Hmmm, I wonder if why PD hasn't released more Premium updates is that they would have to re-photograph the cars' interiors. If they didn't record the interiors before, say for GT3 or GT4, then they would have to send the crew out again, if they can find the same / similar cars again.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #513 on: November 12, 2011, 07:05:39 AM »

I'd settle for some new cars to fill in some of the dealer lots (even as standard models)

E.g.

MGB and/or MGB GT
Triumph TR6 and 7 or 8

You know when you buy a new car (or even switch into a different one) how you sit there and listen to the engine crank before it starts? Yeah, I like it when mine actually start...  :D

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #514 on: November 12, 2011, 07:43:53 AM »

I "simply" would love a true Spec Miata (or two '91 & '99 just like in real life). Just imagine: a 1991 NA Chassis with 135hp to the crank, "only" Race Hard tires available, "only" 2225lbs weight, only adjustable camber (up to 2.5 degrees) ride height, toe, and sway bars; and that's it!

-No adjustable tranny

Just like in real life the car would be amazing and the racing would be wen better.

Too much to ask?

Honestly, yes, too much to ask. They've set the game up to have certain 'suspension' settings/options, and that's what we get. I can't see them making a special race car with a custom suspension setup. Same for the brakes. Also, I'd be offended if they gave us a car and limited it one tire (karts don't count). I'm sure the setup you ask about would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #515 on: November 12, 2011, 08:27:33 AM »

-No adjustable tranny

Too much to ask?

Honestly, yes, too much to ask. They've set the game up to have certain 'suspension' settings/options, and that's what we get. I can't see them making a special race car with a custom suspension setup. Same for the brakes. Also, I'd be offended if they gave us a car and limited it one tire (karts don't count). I'm sure the setup you ask about would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Haha, I know it's too much to ask. That's what happens when you have Sam Adams over for dinner; then he won't leave.

:)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #516 on: November 12, 2011, 08:52:55 AM »

-No adjustable tranny

Too much to ask?

Haha, I know it's too much to ask. That's what happens when you have Sam Adams over for dinner; then he won't leave.

:)

This shouldn't be all that hard.  The host should be able to select specific cars to race (and not just from recommended cars) and then each car would need a tuning sheet with a little check box for each setting to either allow racers to change the values or not.  Relatively simple but we won't get it.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #517 on: November 12, 2011, 12:23:30 PM »

The host should be able to select specific cars to race (and not just from recommended cars)
and then each car would need a tuning sheet with a little check box for each setting to either allow racers to change the values or not.  

I thought it Might be a rhetorical question Spec.

Thinking about it from an 'existing options' view, I can somewhat agree with you GT11. The first part I agree completely. The second part is where I question its simplicity. I know A-spec races can be limited by whether or not they have turbos, so why not whether or not they have racing suspension, or adjustable tranny, or adjustable LSD? That should be possible, rather easily perhaps, but may Never happen. I would like this option. So there are two options that we know exist that we can't use: Racing/normal cars....and turbo/non-turbo cars.

The part that I would expect the least is the way Spec described the custom suspension. I think he's describing a suspension setup that doesn't exist. Stock, Sports, (another one I forget), and Racing Suspension - I think none of them match his 'request'. I think there are no limits/restrictions anywhere on whether or not a car have specific settings adjusted, only on whether or not equipment is ... equipped. This could probably be done, but it might not be easy.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 12:25:20 PM by TurboTuna »

GTP_Rylvir

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Longtail Tuna
« Reply #518 on: November 12, 2011, 12:48:20 PM »

Do I hear a Spec Miata night idea in the works? I don't see why we couldn't have a spec miata night or series based on your idea.. granted this is based on the honor system, but the TPRA has been running events this way since gt5 came out, and most people who we race with are honest :D

-"No adjustable tranny"
=stock transmission / no adjustments allowed

-"Cars come with an LSD, but not adjustable"
=LSD allowed, adjustments not allowed

="brake bias adjustment not allowed"

="You may only adjust ride height, toe, and sway bars" (not sure which suspension would be ideal)

Sorry if I'm missing the point, room controls need overhaul along with many other things in GT5, but I like the idea of a Spec Miata night or series if someone sets it up :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:16:30 PM by GTP_Rylvir »

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #519 on: November 12, 2011, 01:03:18 PM »

Well, you can do whatever you want using an honor system...it's wide open...I think we're talking about what what cars/options we would like to see built into the game/lobby host options.

As far as a series goes, honestly, I only expect to do one series at a time with any consistency, and I really don't want to run a race series with a 135hp/1000kg car as my only race series. Boost the power up over 200hp, throw in some downforce, and I'm all over it. If I were to be in a single car series, I would like an Elise RM (probably the 111R), NSX RM, or maybe the Arta Garaiya.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #520 on: November 12, 2011, 01:18:25 PM »

If I were to be in a single car series, I would like an Elise RM (probably the 111R), NSX RM, or maybe the Arta Garaiya.

:stoopid:

I would choose these same three cars for a spec series.

Sneak preview...  my next "An evening at _______" race is going to be the Elise RM.  :)

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #521 on: November 12, 2011, 07:34:19 PM »

You guys are great. I think I was just bitching or spouting off about having a "more" SM based race car, rather than the RM car we just received. The truth is, most GT5 folks wouldn't drive a true SM because it would be too slow and boring for them, so PD will never build one.

We ran an SM series over at GTP for a while and it was a lot of fun and very competitive, so it'll work. I'm overly happy not worrying about Spec Miata's and hopping on the rig and driving what everyone else is driving, as long as it's fun.

See you guys on the track soon!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 08:01:43 PM by SpecMiata »

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #522 on: November 14, 2011, 01:31:26 PM »

I've noticed a lot of people going nuts on GTP about GT6, and it being on the PS4.  Is it really time for a new console, and hasn't GT normally done 2 versions per console. I could be wrong, but seems like those guys(GTP posters) are getting ahead of themselves.  :-\
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #523 on: November 14, 2011, 01:40:59 PM »

I've noticed a lot of people going nuts on GTP about GT6, and it being on the PS4.  Is it really time for a new console, and hasn't GT normally done 2 versions per console. I could be wrong, but seems like those guys(GTP posters) are getting ahead of themselves.  :-\

Agreed.

I don't get what the rush to 6 is either. Hell PD is still making improvements and offering DLC for 5.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #524 on: November 14, 2011, 02:01:37 PM »

This is one reason I don't follow GTP any more.

There has to be a need for a new console.

From SONY, they say that the PS3 still has lots of unleashed potential and they aren't looking for new hardware** yet. The developers also say they are not all that interested in new hardware, at this time, because they have just got up to speed on this gen's hardware. Also, as usual, the only people concerned with a PS4 are the media and the fans the goad into discussing it.

** OK, so consider some new hardware. It would take a major leap in processors to make everyone hungry. We don't know if SONY wants to continue with the cell processors yet, but has anyone heard of IBM working on a new one? Networking is going to get a major boost "soon", with maybe Wi-Gigabit wireless in the open 60GHz range, but they were just doing tests of the concept last week. (The other high speed wireless is going nowhere.) Any major improvements in video? The last might be considered as 3D. It would be nice to have new steering wheel technology, but that is not worthy of a new console, either.

So where is this new hardware? I don't see it.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 02:03:41 PM by MasterGT »

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 117   Go Up