SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 01:05:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141484 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #540 on: December 05, 2011, 01:26:53 PM »

So I was puttering around the interweb and wandered over to GT Planet, kinda surprised this hadn't been reposted here but since I couldn't find anything here it is :), taken from a couple of GT Planet news items..

The new Toyota 86 / Scion FR-S is likely going to be in an upcoming GT5 DLC pack, though PD haven't officially announced it yet Scion did let a Twit slip and there's also been a video at the Tokyo Motor Show..

Toyota 86/Scion FR-S in Gran Turismo 5

For reference, here are the GTP links

http://www.gtplanet.net/scion-fr-s-confirmed-as-gt5-downloadable-content-playable-at-tokyo-auto-show/

http://www.gtplanet.net/toyota-86-appears-in-new-gran-turismo-5-video-trailer/

I think we have a concept version of this already as a premium car don't we?

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #541 on: December 05, 2011, 01:45:56 PM »

I think we have a similar concept... I believe Toyota has had a string of supposedly tantalizing RWD sport coupe concepts for a few years now. We have the FT-86, which is a concept and the follow-up to it, the FT-86 G. The one in the trailer is the production version called: the Toyota 86 (Japan), Toyota GT-86 (Europe), Scion FR-S & Subaru BRZ (N. America).

I half expect that we've already downloaded this car. We're just waiting on the "Open the Gate" command so we can use it.

What I found more interesting were the shots at 0:58... where they appear to be running on Rome Circuit sans barriers. I WANT TO GO TO THERE. NOW.

And, it's probably just me being wishful, but at 1:14 it looks a lot like Citta di Aria. But it's probably just a photo mode locale

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #542 on: December 05, 2011, 02:10:18 PM »

And, it's probably just me being wishful, but at 1:14 it looks a lot like Citta di Aria. But it's probably just a photo mode locale

Holy shit, you're right.  That would be just, like, the best thing ever.   I FUCK ing love that track. I'll sometimes put in GT4 just to race there.  Although you're also probably right that it's just a photo mode locale.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #543 on: December 05, 2011, 03:05:26 PM »

The 1:14 bit looks to me like one of the photo travel locations we already have, I forget the name of it but it's like a square or plaza or piazza, something like that, with some shops and people wandering around and a bunch of side streets and alleys that you can't go down.. but they actually have the cars driving slowly through it rather than just one car sat in the middle, probably just a bit of marketing trickery though.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #544 on: December 05, 2011, 03:58:19 PM »

They had a version of the piazza that was a race course, so it wouldn't be tough to make a video there.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #545 on: December 05, 2011, 04:08:51 PM »

I guess it's not actual game play. Just a cool movie.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #546 on: December 10, 2011, 06:25:56 PM »

Amar has put up a review of the new CSR Elite wheel up on the planet: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=234862

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #547 on: December 11, 2011, 02:03:26 AM »

Finally!

I like how more good wheel options are finally becoming available.
Maybe it will convince Logitech to pick up their game.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #548 on: December 12, 2011, 07:11:44 AM »

Nice thing about that is Logitech has to recognize another true competitor.....which should only strengthen their product quality and performance.  I especially like the Ergo Touring wheel style. Nice job, Amar!

And......thanks for sharing, Doc! :D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 07:43:06 AM by TunahCroonah »

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #549 on: December 12, 2011, 03:18:48 PM »

Amar has put up a review of the new CSR Elite wheel up on the planet: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=234862

am I missing something or is there no option to get this wheel without the "F" on the wheel.... ewww... just ewww  maybe a good flat-head screwdriver could cure that  ;)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #550 on: December 12, 2011, 03:23:26 PM »

am I missing something or is there no option to get this wheel without the "F" on the wheel.... ewww... just ewww  maybe a good flat-head screwdriver could cure that  ;)

and a hammer.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #551 on: December 12, 2011, 03:42:43 PM »

am I missing something or is there no option to get this wheel without the "F" on the wheel.... ewww... just ewww  maybe a good flat-head screwdriver could cure that  ;)

and a hammer.

you might just use a small piece of duct tape  

(comes in designer colors now)  That way you won't void any warranties...   :copz:

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #552 on: December 12, 2011, 04:44:51 PM »

As I understand it, Fanatec are also making a Clubsport wheel which is even more expensive. It's not going to be compatible with the Xbox so I doubt that it will have an F on it.

PD and Sony going with Thrustmaster as the official GT5 wheel must have been like a shot across the bow for logitech.  It must of hurt but the Thrustmaster is really expensive so maybe they thought there wouldn't be a market for it.  Now Fanatec is putting out a much better wheel (also very expensive).  Fanatec does however have quality wheels that will compete with logitech on price and are compatible with xbox.  Logitech is in danger of being viewed as the cheap alternative to Fanatec and Thrustmaster instead of an industry leader. 

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #553 on: December 13, 2011, 02:48:25 PM »

FYI: just clarify SONY's position with Logitech wheels, at that time, I asked about PD adding in a second "official" wheel.

The reply I got was, more or less, "what's wrong with having two official GT5 wheels?", so I guess PD felt no real loyalty to keeping Logitech wheels exclusive. And, since then, Logitech has had no new wheel products.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #554 on: December 13, 2011, 04:06:31 PM »

FYI: just clarify SONY's position with Logitech wheels, at that time, I asked about PD adding in a second "official" wheel.

The reply I got was, more or less, "what's wrong with having two official GT5 wheels?", so I guess PD felt no real loyalty to keeping Logitech wheels exclusive. And, since then, Logitech has had no new wheel products.

I personally hope that logitech does keep releasing new wheels, because there are many of those (me) who cannot afford $350 - $600 for a wheel, unless it also comes with an airbag unit.

Though, for the time being, Logitech still sells their wheels even though they aren't "new" items, each comes new from the factory.  For the time being, they may have the "serious, but not uber serious" part of the market cornered.

But yes, for reputation's sake, they should release something that competes with the other high-end units but maybe is down on price a little.  They could use the profitability of other peripherals and accessories they sell to help keep the cost down on a high-end unit.

But then, maybe that's not possible?  remember when SONY speakers were some of the best in the world?  (neither do I, but my Dad does)  now, the best they have are at best considered to be on the higher end of the low-end.  And Klipsch!  Same thing there... brought the price down and they're junk.  I saw some Klipsch at Best Buy, no joke.

So maybe to create a truly great and durable wheel/pedal combo, you must make it at least $400?  Only time will tell.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 117   Go Up