• April 29, 2024, 03:03:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141700 times)

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
  • Always stay true to yourself.
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #555 on: December 14, 2011, 11:24:51 AM »

Gran Turismo 5: New DLC and Update 2.02 Coming Next Week

Hey GT fans! We’re excited to announce all of the new content coming to Gran Turismo 5 next week, including our second round of DLC. Next week you’ll be able to download Car Pack 2 for $3.99 and add some fantastic new rides to your garage. Car Pack 2 includes the 2011 Mini Cooper S, 2010 Volkswagen Golf VI R, 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R, and the new and improved 2012 Nissan GT-R Black edition R35.

There’s more good news, because as a special gift anyone who purchased anything from the first batch of DLC will get unlock the Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SP and five New Car Refresh cards in the game for free. The refresh cards will take any car back to being ‘as good as new’ while maintaining any modifications or paint jobs you have given your motors. To take advantage of this offer, you’ll need to install the new downloadable update hitting next week.

The free downloadable update coming next week will also add several new enhancements to GT5 as well as correcting some reported issues. A few examples of the benefits of update 2.02 include:

Users can now change wheels on Standard cars
        The settings sheets will include a new ‘copy’ feature
        In GT Auto, players will be able to see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application
        Free coupons have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto (10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update)
        Pressing the Square button in the car coupon selection screen of the Car Delivery will now allow you to exchange all car coupons at once, rather than doing one at a time
        In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the Square button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the Triangle button will bring up the drivers list
        In My Lounge, the room settings will feature a new ‘Max. number of participants’ setting
        In the event selection screen of seasonal events, there are now ☆(star) marks that show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event
        Improved racing sound effects
        Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been tweaked

As an additional gift to players this holiday season, everyone who downloads the 2.02 update will also receive the stunning Toyota FT-86 2012 to add to their in-game collection.

One more note: Those who purchased the course and/or vehicle DLC that was released in October will be able to download Family Upgrade unlocks for free from the store. This means that if you bought the Racing Car Pack, Course Pack, or the ‘Complete Pack’ that contained both of these, by downloading the free Family Upgrade items, the content will now be accessible to more than just the user account that purchased the content. Family members or friends using the same PS3 can all use the courses and cars. Note that the upgrade doesn’t apply to the Racing Gear Pack or Special Paint Pack, and starting next week, new purchases will not have the restriction in place.

And don’t forget, there’s only one week left to compete in the special GT5 Time Trial Challenge and unlock a special edition Nissan GT-R for your garage. We hope you enjoy the free game updates, new cars and new batch of DLC. Drive safe!

Ok... But where the hell are a few new tracks  :-\
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 11:31:39 AM by InfiniTuna »

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #556 on: December 14, 2011, 11:42:41 AM »

Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #557 on: December 14, 2011, 11:53:16 AM »

Gran Turismo 5: New DLC and Update 2.02 Coming Next Week

Hey GT fans! We’re excited to announce all of the new content coming to Gran Turismo 5 next week, including our second round of DLC. Next week you’ll be able to download Car Pack 2 for $3.99 and add some fantastic new rides to your garage. Car Pack 2 includes the 2011 Mini Cooper S, 2010 Volkswagen Golf VI R, 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R, and the new and improved 2012 Nissan GT-R Black edition R35.

There’s more good news, because as a special gift anyone who purchased anything from the first batch of DLC will get unlock the Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SP and five New Car Refresh cards in the game for free. The refresh cards will take any car back to being ‘as good as new’ while maintaining any modifications or paint jobs you have given your motors. To take advantage of this offer, you’ll need to install the new downloadable update hitting next week.

The free downloadable update coming next week will also add several new enhancements to GT5 as well as correcting some reported issues. A few examples of the benefits of update 2.02 include:

The settings sheets will include a new ‘copy’ feature
        In GT Auto, players will be able to see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application
        Free coupons have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto (10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update)
        Pressing the Square button in the car coupon selection screen of the Car Delivery will now allow you to exchange all car coupons at once, rather than doing one at a time
        In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the Square button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the Triangle button will bring up the drivers list
        In My Lounge, the room settings will feature a new ‘Max. number of participants’ setting
        In the event selection screen of seasonal events, there are now ☆(star) marks that show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event
        Improved racing sound effects
        Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been tweaked

As an additional gift to players this holiday season, everyone who downloads the 2.02 update will also receive the stunning Toyota FT-86 2012 to add to their in-game collection.

One more note: Those who purchased the course and/or vehicle DLC that was released in October will be able to download Family Upgrade unlocks for free from the store. This means that if you bought the Racing Car Pack, Course Pack, or the ‘Complete Pack’ that contained both of these, by downloading the free Family Upgrade items, the content will now be accessible to more than just the user account that purchased the content. Family members or friends using the same PS3 can all use the courses and cars. Note that the upgrade doesn’t apply to the Racing Gear Pack or Special Paint Pack, and starting next week, new purchases will not have the restriction in place.

And don’t forget, there’s only one week left to compete in the special GT5 Time Trial Challenge and unlock a special edition Nissan GT-R for your garage. We hope you enjoy the free game updates, new cars and new batch of DLC. Drive safe!

Ok... But where the hell are a few new tracks  :-\

Good News!

And

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #558 on: December 14, 2011, 11:55:10 AM »

And yes, good point Infiniti, where are the tracks?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #559 on: December 14, 2011, 11:55:49 AM »

There's some nice things in there and I don't mean to be a debbie downer but no new tracks is a HUGE disappointment for me.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #560 on: December 14, 2011, 11:57:10 AM »

Also....    yay, another :fucking GT-R.  :(

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #561 on: December 14, 2011, 11:58:02 AM »

And we get another GT-R...    ???

:tr

I sure wish the new Mini was the "Coupe"...

Love the wheel option for STD cars, though I still would have given that up for a livery editor...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:07:31 PM by CharlieTuna »

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #562 on: December 14, 2011, 12:03:59 PM »

Ok, so we will now be able to change wheels on standard cars...  but I wonder if we will be able to paint them too?

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #563 on: December 14, 2011, 12:09:25 PM »

Ok, so we will now be able to change wheels on standard cars...  but I wonder if we will be able to paint them too?

I am sure that Kaz and PD have thought this through like they do everything else...   so...     :no

GTP_Rylvir

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Longtail Tuna
« Reply #564 on: December 14, 2011, 12:33:47 PM »

Thumbs up for this, I really like the look of the Toyota FT-86 and all of its cousins. We need more lightweight rwd small engine hardtop cars :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTCOwX9rQJk
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:38:55 PM by GTP_Rylvir »

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #565 on: December 14, 2011, 12:36:18 PM »

I don't know....but this makes me feel like a kid again, I'm so psyched! It's the smallest thing, but it's huge for me. Again, I have no idea why. I'll be busy, I've got a lot of cars to make cool looking.  :D

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #566 on: December 14, 2011, 12:52:17 PM »

I don't know....but this makes me feel like a kid again, I'm so psyched! It's the smallest thing, but it's huge for me. Again, I have no idea why. I'll be busy, I've got a lot of cars to make cool looking.  :D

:stoopid: I'm interested to see how many options we'll have.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #567 on: December 14, 2011, 01:16:04 PM »

:stoopid: I'm interested to see how many options we'll have.

:stoopid:  :stoopid:

As silly as it may seem, this will make me use more standard cars.

Also bummed we didn't get any new tracks, but it is what it is.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #568 on: December 14, 2011, 01:57:43 PM »

Sorry the reply feature is buggy on this work machine... this isn't formatted very well.. YOu can probabkly tell my comments af ter each item.

Users can now change wheels on Standard cars  THANK YOU!

The settings sheets will include a new ‘copy’ feature  THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

In GT Auto, players will be able to see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application  COOL.

Free coupons have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto (10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update) Not sure I understand the point, but am curious to try it out!

Pressing the Square button in the car coupon selection screen of the Car Delivery will now allow you to exchange all car coupons at once, rather than doing one at a time.  Nice for those NOT stickpiling/hoarding tickets.   (Be careful with your clicks, hoarders! you know who you are.)

In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the Square button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the Triangle button will bring up the drivers list.  OK.

In My Lounge, the room settings will feature a new ‘Max. number of participants’ setting.  Probably a good idea.  Could you also add a "Pass host responsibility to..." button?  That way, someone arriving sooner could assign a host with a better connection?
In the event selection screen of seasonal events, there are now ☆(star) marks that show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event.  Is this number of times completed?  We'll have to wait and see.
Improved racing sound effects.  Though they sounded great before, some things could use improvement (like collision sound), so thanks!
Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been tweaked.  ok

2011 Mini Cooper S <-- a little cool
2010 Volkswagen Golf VI R  <-- pretty cool
2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R  <-- don't know
2012 Nissan GT-R Black edition R35.  <-- you couldn't resist, could you?  At least it's a new 2012 model.

now, for a paint/livery editor and full motion video capture for the replays!!!!!

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #569 on: December 14, 2011, 03:31:05 PM »

Could someone explain why I should give a sh*t about the addition of the 2011 Mini Cooper S?  As best I can tell this car has barely changed over the years except when they switched from a supercharger to a turbocharger.  I.E. explain to me why this isn't lame. :-\

PSN ID = dawson864
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 117   Go Up