SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 12:30:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141403 times)

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #600 on: December 16, 2011, 04:50:49 PM »

Early on I thought I wouldn't do irreversible mods to some of my Chromeline cars, but then I thought, what the hell, I rarely drive them anyway and when GT6 comes out it won't matter anyway. Point is, I don't treat the "special" cars any differently than the ones I can buy.

BadBoots

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #601 on: December 17, 2011, 01:30:20 PM »

Early on I thought I wouldn't do irreversible mods to some of my Chromeline cars, but then I thought, what the hell, I rarely drive them anyway and when GT6 comes out it won't matter anyway. Point is, I don't treat the "special" cars any differently than the ones I can buy.
I'm with ya Sniper, lots to chose from and may never drive them all

[attachment deleted during "purge" by admin]
:dj :bass :guitar :jams :rocks :iwtband :fiesta

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #602 on: December 19, 2011, 09:48:16 AM »

with DLC touring cars, for instance, people set up races with them and if the race specs are "don't full mod this and detune the crap out of it" then if you don't have two of the TC's, you're screwed.  That's the only reason I haven't added staged upgrades to my TC's yet.

I hope we will be able to get them from the dealership.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #603 on: December 19, 2011, 04:09:15 PM »

with DLC touring cars, for instance, people set up races with them and if the race specs are "don't full mod this and detune the crap out of it" then if you don't have two of the TC's, you're screwed.  That's the only reason I haven't added staged upgrades to my TC's yet.

I hope we will be able to get them from the dealership.

I look at it this way............ I mod the cars out completely.  If somebody wants to de-tune them to stock, well then, that's their prerogative.  If there are enough people in the race that wll merit me de-tuning tyhe car - o.k.   But if it causes issues because I just lowered the horsepower, then forget it....I'll do a pick-up race somewhere else.  There's ALWAYS an alternative.  ;)  Like J.G. Wentworth says, "It's MY car and I'll do what I want with it!".    :laugh
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 04:12:20 PM by TunahCroonah »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #604 on: December 20, 2011, 10:29:30 AM »

c/p from GTplanet

Major Changes and New Features v2.02

Wheels can now be changed on Standard cars.
Downloadable contents can now be shared by multiple users with the Family Upgrade.
(See Polyphony’s complete FAQ for more details.)
Cars purchased through DLC will now appear in the Car Dealerships. You can purchase additional versions of the same vehicles within the game using earned race credits.
A copy button has been added to the lower left of the settings screen. A settings sheet saved in either A/B/C can now be copied to A, B or C.
Gifts

Toyota 86 GT ’12 will be available to all players who install the 2.02 update.
Free coupons have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or restore chassis rigidity in GT Auto. 10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update.
The Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SPL. and five New Car Refresh cards will be provided to customers purchasing any DLC packs released in October 2011. The New Car Refresh can be used from the Special Coupons option in the items list, and will return your car to its brand new condition (before breaking-in the car’s engine). Equipped parts and current paint on the car will not be affected by this card.
Other Improvements

Pressing the □ button in the car coupon selection screen of the Car Delivery, will now allow you to exchange all car coupons at once (maximum number of coupons you can receive at once is 100).
Tire-wear speed adjustment
In GT Auto you can now see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application.
In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the □ button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the △ button will show the drivers list.
An option has now been added for ‘Max. number of participants – this is featured in the room settings of My Lounge.
Added ☆ marks which show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event, in the event selection screen of seasonal events.
Racing sound effect adjustment
Steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been adjusted. This applies to steering wheels with a 200 degree turning radius. The [Steering Type] (Amateur/Professional) settings in the Game Options will be ignored, and the controller’s steering angle will now directly affect the tire turning angle of the car.
Correction of Known Issues

Fixed issue where you would overrun without resetting, when entering pit lane at low speed on some tracks.
Fixed issue with Performance Points calculations for the Red Bull X2010 and the X2011.
Fixed issue where the rear wing/aerodynamic settings were reset when switching between setting sheets.
An issue was corrected where the car would become stuck in autopilot from the pit lane if a certain condition is met in an endurance race on the Tsukuba Circuit. Also revised the entry route during pit stops and speed judgement.
Improved multi-monitor stability

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #605 on: December 20, 2011, 10:31:24 AM »

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #606 on: December 20, 2011, 11:19:45 AM »

Best news about 2.02 update...

Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R (Pace) 01, Roof lights flash again

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #607 on: December 20, 2011, 11:28:12 AM »

this^

Bunch of crazies in stolen pace cars, lights a flashing! 

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #608 on: December 20, 2011, 11:32:15 AM »

Bunch of crazies in stolen pace cars, lights a flashing! 

That would be awesome.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #609 on: December 20, 2011, 12:11:49 PM »

Yeah, Chrome, we could have half the group racing with the STD Gran Turismo GT-R  while being chased by the Gran Turismo GT-R Pace cars!  Cops and Robbers at the Movies.....Hey, CHARLIEEEEEE!........................

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #610 on: December 20, 2011, 01:43:54 PM »

Ironically, the standard car I was in when I finished the upgrade (Spyker C8 Laviolette) would not let me change the wheels...    :(

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #611 on: December 20, 2011, 04:35:58 PM »

2.02 update fixed a minor annoyance that the last update added. The cursor on the GT Life screen will once again go directly to GT Auto, instead of Practice. Thanks PD, and I'm being serious.  :)

In race sounds are noticeably different, and better.  ;)
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #612 on: December 21, 2011, 08:11:24 AM »

I haven't had much time to see what was changed, but PD must be proud of that Happy Holidays card. Pressing o doesn't make it go away. I had to hit every button twice to close it.  ???
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #613 on: December 21, 2011, 08:31:10 AM »

I bought a car last night and bolted on some parts and it's nice that you can see what an oil change will do for your HP and PP's. It also works when you add a wing or anything else I would think.

Good job PD

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #614 on: December 21, 2011, 08:42:41 AM »

found me a hidden element in the 2.02 update. 2x photos render is a third of the time it took before the update.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 117   Go Up