• April 29, 2024, 03:02:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141698 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #615 on: December 21, 2011, 09:31:41 AM »

found me a hidden element in the 2.02 update. 2x photos render is a third of the time it took before the update.

ooh.. nice find!  though, as I always say, there is really no reason to use the 2x photos.  There is almost no way to tell the difference without zooming in, and unless you are planning some serious photoshopping and making large posters of your photos, it's not really necessary, IMO.  But now that they are faster to produce, then I suppose it's all about the filesize and whether you are okay with them getting larger.

[Copied from a post I made on the PSN forum:]

RACING SOUND EFFECTS

i've paid close attention to the detail of the sounds.

Here is a list of things I've discovered thus far:

Best test car to use, new GT-R Black Edition! (one of the most amazing cars to drive EVER)

Wind.  Duh.  It was hardly there at all prior to 2.02, but now is very loud and increases with speed.  Some are saying it's unrealistic, but try a car with a racing exhaust.  You will not be able to hear it as much.  Most of the time, we're modding cars, remember?  This feature adds significantly to the overall realism of the experience of driving.

Window-based noise is simulated.  In the few cars I've tried, the sound of exhaust and some of the engine noise is now directed toward the window you are sitting closest to.  For instance, if you are driving a Left Hand Drive such as the Camaro RM 69 we were driving last night, the majority of the sounds that are actually outside of the car in real life, are experienced through the left speaker.  This threw me off for a bit, then I understood why, and I love it.  However, there does seem to be an issue with the Karts.  I believe, have not confirmed, but I believe that the sound is coming out of the wrong end. (uhhh huh huh).  Someoen should look into whether that needs to be switched.

Turbos, and probably superchargers sound better.  Prior to 2.02, you could hear turbos spool up and let off, including waste gate/BOV noises.  Now they are much more pronounced, and on a stock car where the turbo is not drowned out by a racing exhaust, you can hear many more nuances to the sound of the turbos.  Instead of an insessant whistle sound that does not change pitch, the new sounds provide for the whistle sound to change pitch with the pitch of the engine revs.  That illustrates that the turbo is at or near full boost.  Small let-offs, such as taking throttle from 100% to 98% can have a more audible result, making you more aware of how firmly you're pressing your foot down.

Cars actually BREATHE now!  You can hear air rushing through your car, and not just the turbo spool.  This is noticed most in the repalys.

While the high-speed wind is going, there is no audible crowd, for the most part.  Only at slow speeds around tight corners, will you hear spectators yelling at the top of their lungs.  Nice realism!

Tire screeches - Not 100% sure, but they sounded different, and possibly more realistic than before.

Collisions, unfortunately, do not sound much, if any better.  Same "thud" as before.

Car sounds are more in a stereo type configuration, as noted above, the sounds are directed more at the window you sit closest to.  But it doesn't stop there!  When travelling close to a wall, if the opposing window is near the wall, you'll hear two sounds, one directed from the engine/exhaust through the closest window, and one that is slightly modified by sending it to the wall and then through the opposing window!  Very awesome!

Replay sounds are greatly improved.  Watching cars go by on the screen has never felt more real.  The sounds as the car approaches the camera are impressive, with the rush of air pushing towards you being heard.  The engine, tire, and air sounds are all mixed beautifully to give the sense that a real machine is passing, and not just a pretty image of a car.  Most impressive in the replay sounds is how as the car's sounds pass you, the doplar effect is more accurate.  There's this phasing of the sound waves that is done in order to add additional realistic flavor to the passing car's sounds.  It's not the tone, but the way that the tone is bouncing around on the architecture of the tracks.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #616 on: December 21, 2011, 09:44:14 AM »

^^ Ya, this game rocks!
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

clacksman

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #617 on: December 21, 2011, 09:50:14 AM »

Turbos, and probably superchargers sound better.  Prior to 2.02, you could hear turbos spool up and let off, including waste gate/BOV noises.  Now they are much more pronounced, and on a stock car where the turbo is not drowned out by a racing exhaust, you can hear many more nuances to the sound of the turbos. 

Good, because you could only really hear those turbo-related noises in hood/roof cam before.

Wind noise struck me as good.  I pulled out of draft at about 200 km/h in a (quiet) stock 86GT and it immediately drowned out the little engine noise.

Didn't think to go blasting through a tunnel yet.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #618 on: December 21, 2011, 01:46:08 PM »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #619 on: December 21, 2011, 03:12:30 PM »

Turbos, and probably superchargers sound better.  Prior to 2.02, you could hear turbos spool up and let off, including waste gate/BOV noises.  Now they are much more pronounced, and on a stock car where the turbo is not drowned out by a racing exhaust, you can hear many more nuances to the sound of the turbos. 

Good, because you could only really hear those turbo-related noises in hood/roof cam before.

Wind noise struck me as good.  I pulled out of draft at about 200 km/h in a (quiet) stock 86GT and it immediately drowned out the little engine noise.

Didn't think to go blasting through a tunnel blaring my horn yet.

fix'd Oh wait, that's what I do. 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #620 on: December 21, 2011, 03:23:34 PM »

What the :fuck is up with wishing me a happy holidays every time I log in dammit.

J/k just messing with eX 

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #621 on: December 21, 2011, 03:31:18 PM »

I was wondering why it kept doing that too... I think they coded it to last until a certain date.  I noticed hte Christmas music playing too.

That was actually coded for last year to play on Christmas or near it too!  I think they coded that "when date = X play this music" and there is probably other coded nuance there at the main menu that we don't pick up on.

I think I've noticed, but could be delusional, that softer music plays later at night.  Seriously though Kaz, I need the LOUD music at night so  Ican not fall asleep at the menu screens!

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #622 on: December 21, 2011, 03:52:56 PM »

found me a hidden element in the 2.02 update. 2x photos render is a third of the time it took before the update.

ooh.. nice find!  though, as I always say, there is really no reason to use the 2x photos.  There is almost no way to tell the difference without zooming in, and unless you are planning some serious photoshopping and making large posters of your photos, it's not really necessary, IMO.  But now that they are faster to produce, then I suppose it's all about the filesize and whether you are okay with them getting larger.

And I agree with you, truth be told the only reason I was shooting in 2X this morning was I want to test a theory pertaining to making standard cars look their best.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #623 on: December 21, 2011, 06:47:11 PM »

I'm not up to speed on reading about updates...

Anyone else get prompted for a few room settings Before starting a lounge (your own, anyway) so that the room loads with a few of your desired settings, including the track selection?

Also, ABS can now be restricted in lounges, just like other driving aids.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #624 on: December 21, 2011, 06:52:39 PM »

Anyone else get prompted for a few room settings Before starting a lounge (your own, anyway) so that the room loads with a few of your desired settings, including the track selection?

Yes.  Seems to happen to me once in a while after an update.  Not every update though. 

PKR_Cipriani99

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Longtail Tuna
« Reply #625 on: December 21, 2011, 09:51:13 PM »

After the update if you didn`t buy DLC tracks you can`t drive them! So now PD is forcing me to buy it!  >:(

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #626 on: December 22, 2011, 06:16:27 AM »

Not that it matters to me, but I'm sure it will to many. The free Family pack for the DLC, didn't add the tracks to my other IDs, just the cars.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #627 on: December 22, 2011, 07:38:51 AM »

I took the plunge last night and bought both DLCs.  ;D Still haven't downloaded them yet however.
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

clacksman

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #628 on: December 22, 2011, 08:19:34 AM »

Not that it matters to me, but I'm sure it will to many. The free Family pack for the DLC, didn't add the tracks to my other IDs, just the cars.

The family upgrades are separate for cars and tracks, get both if you bought both on some account.

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #629 on: December 22, 2011, 08:40:03 AM »

So there are two family packs to download?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 117   Go Up