SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 01:24:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141546 times)

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #780 on: February 07, 2012, 05:43:15 AM »

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
 The main contents of the update are as follows:

- Improved the performance of online races to provide a better racing experience. However, please note that using voice chat with 12 or more players can reduce screen refresh intervals.

- Reduced wobbling of the screen when using the Chase view (The Chase view is when the car is viewed from the rear during races and replays, selected by using the SELECT button).

- Electric cars (opponent cars and your cars in B-Spec) will now pit-in automatically to recharge the battery.

- Reduced the amount of steering pull when using force feedback steering wheel controllers in banks on courses such as the Special Stage Route X Oval.

- When driving formula cars using the Logitech steering wheel controllers, the initial force feedback amount has been lessened and adjusted to make it easier to drive in a straight line.
 Applicable controllers: Driving Force™ GT, G25 Racing Wheel、G27 Racing Wheel, GT Force®Pro, GT Force®、Driving Force™, GT Force®RX and Driving Force Wireless
Applicable cars: Red Bull X2011, Red Bull X2010, Ferrari F10, Ferrari F2007, Formula Gran Turismo

[Correction of Known Issues]
 - Fixed an issue where speedometer, race position and best lap time info are sometimes not displayed on the 2nd player side in 2P Battle Mode.
 - Fixed an issue where exhaust sound is heard even after switching from a combustion engine car to an electric car within the same online race.
 - Fixed an issue where if the game is started without signing in online and then saved, the cars and courses included in the Racing Car Pack and Course Pack would become unusable.
 - Fixed an issue where electric cars would not recharge in the pit and become immobile.
 - Fixed an issue where when the oil of the Toyota Prius was changed in GT Auto, the motor ceased to function correctly.
- Improved the force feedback of the Guillemot Thrustmaster T500 RS, where the 10 level force feedback adjustment (Especially when using the X2010 and X2011) was not working effectively. Also improved a condition where it was difficult to drive in the intended path.
 - Improved the force feedback for the Logitech Driving Force™ GT, G25 Racing Wheel, G27 Racing Wheel and GT Force®Pro, where the 10 level force feedback adjustment (Especially when using the X2010 and X2011) was not working effectively.

[To Check Your Current Version]
 To check the version of your software, press the "Manual" button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page.

If the number starts with "Ver. 2.04", you are playing the latest version of the game.

If not, please press the PS button and quit the game. The game will be updated automatically when you restart it with your PS3™ system connected to the internet.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #781 on: February 07, 2012, 06:31:14 AM »

Improved the performance of online races to provide a better racing experience. However, please note that using voice chat with 12 or more players can reduce screen refresh intervals.

This is the big thing that caught my eye, I was in a lounge briefly last night after the update with Nosoks and JayZ and I'm pretty sure things were a touch slicker.  Granted it was just the 3 of us but I'm pretty sure the Garage screen was a bit quicker coming up and exiting the room was like a lot quicker.

Hopefully this the issues with the more full rooms have been resolved, or is that hoping for too much? :)

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #782 on: February 07, 2012, 06:38:15 AM »

Unrealistic and annoying force feedback was 1 of a few reasons I got rid of my steering wheel. I'd be curious to hear what the effects are from the changes they made.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #783 on: February 07, 2012, 06:43:37 AM »

Improved the performance of online races to provide a better racing experience. However, please note that using voice chat with 12 or more players can reduce screen refresh intervals.

This is the big thing that caught my eye, I was in a lounge briefly last night after the update with Nosoks and JayZ and I'm pretty sure things were a touch slicker.  Granted it was just the 3 of us but I'm pretty sure the Garage screen was a bit quicker coming up and exiting the room was like a lot quicker.

Hopefully this the issues with the more full rooms have been resolved, or is that hoping for too much? :)

Yeah, it's hoping for too much. The "please note that using voice chat with 12 or more players can reduce screen refresh intervals." is their way of saying "Sorry guys you are going to have lag issues with 12 or more people wile using voice chat"

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #784 on: February 07, 2012, 07:54:56 AM »

Something that I didn't see in the patch notes, you can now remove DLC cars from your garage like you can with cars worth over 500k.  You should now get the "Would you like to remove this from your garage" message when you try to sell any of the DLC cars that you can purchase from the Dealerships, the unique DLC cars (Stealth / promo types) are still protected though.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #785 on: February 07, 2012, 10:13:54 AM »

Yeah, it's hoping for too much. The "please note that using voice chat with 12 or more players can reduce screen refresh intervals." is their way of saying "Sorry guys you are going to have lag issues with 12 or more people wile using voice chat"

you may be right, but I took it to mean that they have improved the issue, but when using too many mics with 12 or more people, it will still cause  this issue to a degree.

I took it tto mean it may not be as much of an issue, but that there is still a known limitation.

The question I have is, what does the statement liitterally mean?

Is it "If over 12 racers, no one should us a mic" or

"if over 12 racers, not everyone will be able to use a mic"

we should pack TuTu full of cars to see ;)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #786 on: February 07, 2012, 11:12:36 AM »

I'm just happy for confirmation that they're aware of the issue and are attempting to solve it.

I hope to be able to attend TuTu for a while tonight to test it out.

Brindle

« Reply #787 on: February 07, 2012, 11:34:58 AM »

I'm just happy for confirmation that they're aware of the issue and are attempting to solve it.

I will call you out on this.   :D

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #788 on: February 07, 2012, 11:40:07 AM »

I will call you out on this.   :D

I know you will.  I'll just turn my phone off if I can't make it!   

Brindle

« Reply #789 on: February 07, 2012, 11:42:24 AM »

Ouch!   :(

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #790 on: February 07, 2012, 01:49:51 PM »

Well, as a result of PD screwing around with the FF on the steering wheels, I now have noticed that the cars tend to push out more, and brake slower (poorly) slide out when turning. Also....there is very little tire sound when sliding....more of a "hiss".  when doing doughnuts, there is basically no tire squeal.  

I believe that they :fuck ed with the physics yet again without telling us....this time making it worse than before.  >:(  So as I understand it, if nothing is broken, PD will try to fix it.  Is that correct?   WTF????
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 01:53:28 PM by TunahCroonah »

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #791 on: February 07, 2012, 02:14:01 PM »

I thought the tire noise was toned down a bit after they screwed up the last update...now it's even worse?

ZeeTuna303

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #792 on: February 07, 2012, 06:48:01 PM »

Well, as a result of PD screwing around with the FF on the steering wheels, I now have noticed that the cars tend to push out more, and brake slower (poorly) slide out when turning. Also....there is very little tire sound when sliding....more of a "hiss".  when doing doughnuts, there is basically no tire squeal.  

I believe that they FUCK ed with the physics yet again without telling us....this time making it worse than before.  >:(  So as I understand it, if nothing is broken, PD will try to fix it.  Is that correct?   WTF????

Hmmmm, being a veteran of more than a few donuts and burnouts in my younger years this kind of jumped out at me..... Did they really fuck it up OR did they make it more realistic?

I can't say as I noticed much of a change when we were running last night but before you jump down my throat on this hear me out - Tires don't make a defined "squeal" when they're spinning at high velocity once they're heated up,  they actually tend to make more of a whine and in the instance of a high powered car you're more likely to hear the engine screaming over the tires due to free flowing exhaust.... It isn't until the tire begins to slow it's spin a bit or when it first starts to break traction that you truly hear a squeal.... I'm not so sure that's wrong...

As far as a definite physics change I'd say no.... My braking points seemed to stay about where they should be and I was carrying about the same speeds through most sections as far as I could tell.... We were even running the Trans Cammer last night and to be honest - I liked it! LOL If anything I'd say that they changed the steering wheel to front wheel movement rate meaning that the front wheels don't react as drastically to input from the steering wheel as they did before. It's something that I've kind of had an issue since the Prologue days, I've always felt that the steering comes on too strong too quickly in comparison to a real car and then you suddenly hit a point where you have to really CRANK on the wheel to get anymore movement.... The one thing that I SWEAR has changed is that now you can be driving straight, take your hands off the wheel and the car actually will hold a line to some degree. The cars APPEAR to be showing signs of ACTUALLY having some form of wheel alignment vs before when everything always acted like it was toed in (when you let go of the wheel) and would instantly send you in any direction but straight because they will react more to the road surface....   :o
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:50:55 PM by ZeeTuna303 »

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #793 on: February 08, 2012, 09:57:03 PM »

Now, Zee, you KNOW I won't Jump on you.  I just felt that they had effed up the physics.  I DID notice the change in the steering and it just felt a bit mushy....but now that you mention it, or rather the WAY that you mentioned it, it  seems better for steering.  Also, I looked at my wheel settings and found that it was set to "amateur" and not "professional"  :palm DOH!  Some adjustment was necessary to feel more comfortable with the steering, but that was mostly me, not the wheel.The sensation of over steer comes into play with the new wheel physics, but it is actually closer to the "real thing" than I imagined.  Maybe they got it right, maybe they didn't....it's all about adjusting or acclimating oneself to the changes.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #794 on: February 08, 2012, 10:08:49 PM »

I must have raced 5-6 races last night at TU TU.  Only once did I receive money and experience pts.  I love this new feature. ???
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 117   Go Up