• April 29, 2024, 02:11:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141642 times)

SlyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Raccoons are cool.
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #795 on: February 08, 2012, 10:12:07 PM »

Y'know what really irks me since this latest update? IB-1. That license test is fucking impossible to gold now! i'm only 83 thousandths off though... after 20 attempts.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 10:18:43 PM by Alduin »

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #796 on: February 09, 2012, 08:27:59 AM »

Y'know what really irks me since this latest update? IB-1. That license test is fucking impossible to gold now! i'm only 83 thousandths off though... after 20 attempts.

I am in this same situation with a few tests.  >:(
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #797 on: February 09, 2012, 08:36:18 AM »

Has any one noticed this last update changed the oil change guys dolly....Apparently Jiffy Lube has upgraded to dollies with Thermoptic camouflage...

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Brindle

« Reply #798 on: February 09, 2012, 08:43:30 AM »

Has anyone else noticed the difference in tire wear?  Was testing last night for 2+ hours on Fuji GT.  In LMP cars on racing soft, only had 1/3 tire wear after 5 laps.  If I remember correctly, softs should be almost gone by then, or at least 2/3 or more wear.

Or, is it just me. 

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #799 on: February 09, 2012, 08:57:52 AM »

do you remember if that's an apples to apples test?  Same cars, same weight as before?  From what I cna tell, weight matters more than anything.

I did a test on Nurb Nord with an Audio LMS TEam Playstation which someone bitched about on the PSN forum after the previous update...  one lap going balls out and they were down really low.  No way to get two laps.  I tried again the night of this last update (2.04) and I'm not sure if I drove exactly the same (I think I held back more) and I was able to get about 1.7 laps before all control was lost and I had to quit race entirely.

Here's the issue though...

With the "NEW" tire wear model from a couple months ago, The tires wear faster, but they also provide grip longer through their lives.  Before, you had to pit if you were at or just below half.  Now, you can take it easy for a while under those conditions and survive.

So I'm not REALLY sure that it changed with 2.04 because my previous test of 1 lap on Racing softs around Nurb might have been cut short by me not trying to continue on tires that seemed too low to continue, but may not have been.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #800 on: February 09, 2012, 09:05:38 AM »

Also, I looked at my wheel settings and found that it was set to "amateur" and not "professional"  DOH! 

I'm pretty sure the "Amateur" "Professional" and "Simulation" settings do nothing for the newer wheels, but for the Driving Force, and Driving Force Pro only.  You'll notice that as you scroll through the different settings on that screen, that different wheel icons are highlighted above, showing you which wheel they are for.

That setting appears to be a substitute for being able to set FFB and Power steering assist on the newer wheels.

Nevertheless, because soem are confused by it and I don't want to be wrong, I just put mine on Sim anyways ;)

Brindle

« Reply #801 on: February 09, 2012, 09:55:27 AM »

Might not be apples to apples, but I know for sure soft tires on any car could hardly make 5 laps and that was wearing the tires down to slivers.

Maybe they did, maybe they didn't.  I will try again tonight with the roadster.  That car I know how the tire wear was at GVER pre-update.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #802 on: February 09, 2012, 10:14:29 AM »

yea.  you really have to wonder though... if they changed tire wear again, why the hell wouldn't they mention it?  I think they just do this stuff to keep us beta-testing for them...

GT6 should be much easier to develop with thousands of testers working for free ;)

when it comes out, I don't want the "collector's edition" I want the "we owe you one" edition... :D

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #803 on: February 09, 2012, 10:25:18 AM »

yea.  you really have to wonder though... if they changed tire wear again, why the hell wouldn't they mention it?  I think they just do this stuff to keep us beta-testing for them...

GT6 should be much easier to develop with thousands of testers working for free ;)

when it comes out, I don't want the "collector's edition" I want the "we owe you one" edition... :D

You think any of us will be alive when GT6 comes out?

Brindle

« Reply #804 on: February 09, 2012, 10:31:58 AM »

One can always hope.   :bong

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #805 on: February 09, 2012, 12:04:47 PM »

I know that last night at DRC I managed 13 laps on racing mediums with an NSX. I actually went 15 but I wouldn't call the last 2 managed 

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #806 on: February 09, 2012, 12:29:33 PM »

I know that last night at DRC I managed 13 laps on racing mediums with an NSX. I actually went 15 but I wouldn't call the last 2 managed 

To follow on from that, I did 12 laps in the same DRC race with the premium '89 Nissan 300ZX (at stock weight, 1510kg I think) and then the following 13 laps both on Racing: Mediums and still had tire to spare.  First 12 I had a few slides and scrubbed some of the tires off so I pitted with about 1/4 left on the worst tires I think, second stint with less fuel and a bit less scrubbage I think I was at about 1/2 tires crossing the finish line.

To be sure if anything's changed I'll have to try some more laps in the Mitsubishi GTO I was using for the same race series, before it was down to 1/2 on some tires only 6 laps in during testing earlier in the week.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #807 on: February 09, 2012, 01:35:32 PM »

Has any one noticed this last update changed the oil change guys dolly....Apparently Jiffy Lube has upgraded to dollies with Thermoptic camouflage...

Yeah, or that mofo has abs of steel!

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #808 on: February 09, 2012, 02:57:51 PM »

To be sure if anything's changed I'll have to try some more laps in the Mitsubishi GTO I was using for the same race series, before it was down to 1/2 on some tires only 6 laps in during testing earlier in the week.

yea, do madrid that would be the best apples test

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #809 on: February 09, 2012, 02:59:22 PM »

You think any of us will be alive when GT6 comes out?

not if the 2012 cultists have anything to say about it.

"hey, what does this big red button do?"
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 117   Go Up