SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 02:28:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141666 times)

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #885 on: April 12, 2012, 09:23:29 AM »

Although it hasn't been confirmed yet, I hope to have some really great news about this year's Academy. It seems SONY is preparing again for both Academies this year, so if you still qualify and you want to prepare again for applying / testing, go ahead. ;)

How exactly would one go about doing that, or am I jumping the gun too early?
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #886 on: April 12, 2012, 10:10:26 AM »

Although it hasn't been confirmed yet, I hope to have some really great news about this year's Academy. It seems SONY is preparing again for both Academies this year, so if you still qualify and you want to prepare again for applying / testing, go ahead. ;)

When it is announced you will register (this was from 2011 http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/academy/registration) then run the time trial in the online seasonals. 

ZeeTuna303

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #887 on: April 12, 2012, 02:18:38 PM »

As much as I'd like to get excited about them still running the competition, I just can't.....

I'd be willing to bet that us Canucks will find ourselves in a familiar spot - Out in the COLD............   :'(

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #888 on: April 13, 2012, 10:25:25 AM »

I think you Canadian's need to get a petition going! I have a lot of Canadian friends that are very fast, besides that it seem unfair not to give everyone a chance! Just my .02 worth.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #889 on: April 13, 2012, 03:16:10 PM »

Yes, the last time I checked North America included Canada.  Give our friends to the north some love!!!

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #890 on: April 17, 2012, 10:36:10 AM »

Recently, I learned that the Canadian office was still negotiating to include us and was told to hold on until May, but then this announcement came out with a May 1 start Date.

So, I am still trying to find out what has changed or if this is final.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #891 on: April 17, 2012, 10:49:54 AM »

Do whatever it takes for you to improve your driving skills and knowledge about GT. Race, race, race, and practice some more, each time trying to do things better, smarter.

Watch the video series made about last year's contest. Make sure you understand what is needed for you to do well, both physically and mentally. Have a plan ready for when you do get picked for a top placing.

Of course, there is no need for this extra work if you won't or can't be a contender or if there is no way you can walk away from your job or schooling, but if you can, then the prep work you do now should pay off.

The contenders from last year have put in more than just a few hours learning how to race well with GT.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #892 on: April 17, 2012, 03:56:01 PM »

It was confirmed to me today that the negotiations to include Canadians are still going on, so please be patient for a few more days. Everything, including the wording, will get sorted out by the opening bell.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #893 on: April 19, 2012, 07:40:47 AM »

Yeah, by my count, they've only got about 2 weeks left.  But as Kaz says, "soon!"
I really empathize with my Canadian brothers, they have been drawing the 'short straw' since the beginning of the game's release.   WTF's wrong with the Japs?  (They must not like Bacon, Beer and Hockey :o ).

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
  • Always stay true to yourself.
« Reply #894 on: May 21, 2012, 10:22:41 PM »

Update 2.06   475MB.... DL'ing it now...

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #895 on: May 21, 2012, 10:43:47 PM »

Update 2.06   475MB.... DL'ing it now...

Thanks probably prize cars and hopefully tracks from gt academy.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #896 on: May 21, 2012, 11:12:24 PM »

GT5 INFORMATIONUpdate Notice (2.06)Last Updated: May 22, 2012 Share

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
 The main contents of the update are as follows:

- It is now possible to adjust the race BGM and sound effect volume from "Quick Options" during a race.

- A save data backup feature has been added.

- Compatibility for the sequential shift mode of the Guillemot "TH8 RS" gear shifter has been added.

- A "Performance Difference Adjustment" has been added to the rewards for seasonal events (Applies only to seasonal events held after this update).

- Force feedback for the "Driving Force™GT", "GT FORCE®Pro", "G25 Racing Wheel", " G27 Racing Wheel", and " T500 RS" steering wheel controllers have been improved.

- A car with racing modifications applied are now categorized as a Racing Car (previously Tuned Car).

- The off-track shortcut penalty has been tweaked.

- A new GT5 Photo Stream service has started on gran-turismo.com. Photographs taken in Photo Mode and set to "Share" will now appear on a web page viewable by all visitors.
 - GT5 Photo Stream

[Correction of Known Issues]
 - Fixed a problem where Karts and Ferrari F1 cars could drive together with other cars in the Lounge
 - Fixed a rarely occurring issue in which the system freezes when exiting the lounge
 - Fixed a problem where you could purchase tires for the 125 SPL racing Kart in the tuning parts shop (Tires purchased previously will now become invalid)
 - Fixed a problem in which the straight-line stability of the Lancer Evolution X was decreased when using a steering wheel controller
 - Fixed an issue where wrong color dirt and snow tire wheels were displayed on some cars when the wheels were changed
 - Fixed delay when launchiing electric cars using controllers other than a steering wheel controller pedal
 - Fixed a rarely occurring issue where the system would freeze at the end of a race
 - Fixed an issue where it becomes difficult to hear your own car when driving with other racecars in online races, etc.

I have to laugh at the "rarely" parts.   :lolz
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:13:56 PM by TunaWiz »

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #897 on: May 21, 2012, 11:28:41 PM »

The background music adjustment is kind of nice.  I usually drive without music in game but every now and then I like to drive with the music on.

Performance difference adjustment has a chance to make seasonals more interesting.

My initial reaction to the forcefeedback is that it feels more natural on the G25.  However there doesn't appear to be any more feedback cues for when you are losing traction.

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #898 on: May 22, 2012, 12:48:29 AM »

Need some help because this update just wiped out everything on my GTP_FLASH48 account! It also will not let me use my game save to get it back. It said I can't use someone else's game save! This is really pissing me off!!!!!! Help please!!!!!

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #899 on: May 22, 2012, 01:00:30 AM »

You sure you didn't get Flash and GTP-Flash save files mixed up? 
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 117   Go Up