SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 02:06:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141629 times)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #900 on: May 22, 2012, 05:19:44 AM »

I have to laugh at the "rarely" parts.   

Just goes to show that they're not really willing to admit that there is a problem online, thus will probably not get fixed properly.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #901 on: May 22, 2012, 08:04:52 AM »

has anyone noticed anything NOT listed in the update?  there are usually some things they don't want to tell us   :-X

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #902 on: May 22, 2012, 08:59:27 AM »

Update 2.06   475MB.... DL'ing it now...

C/P from GTplanet

Updates and New Features

It is now possible to adjust the race BGM and sound effect volume from “Quick Options” during a race.
A save data backup feature has been added.
Compatibility for the sequential shift mode of the Guillemot “TH8 RS” gear shifter has been added.
A “Performance Difference Adjustment” has been added to the rewards for seasonal events (Applies only to seasonal events held after this update).
Force feedback for the “Driving Force GT”, “GT FORCE Pro”, “G25 Racing Wheel”, ” G27 Racing Wheel”, and ” T500 RS” steering wheel controllers have been improved.
A car with racing modifications applied are now categorized as a Racing Car (previously Tuned Car).
The off-track shortcut penalty has been tweaked.
The GT5 Photo Stream service has just been launched for all players worldwide. To view the latest images taken and shared in the game are now available here.
Bug Fixes

Fixed a problem where Karts and Ferrari F1 cars could drive together with other cars in the Lounge
Fixed a rarely occurring issue in which the system freezes when exiting the lounge
Fixed a problem where you could purchase tires for the 125 SPL racing Kart in the tuning parts shop (Tires purchased previously will now become invalid)
Fixed a problem in which the straight-line stability of the Lancer Evolution X was decreased when using a steering wheel controller
Fixed an issue where wrong color dirt and snow tire wheels were displayed on some cars when the wheels were changed
Fixed delay when launching electric cars using controllers other than a steering wheel controller pedal
Fixed a rarely occurring issue where the system would freeze at the end of a race
Fixed an issue where it becomes difficult to hear your own car when driving with other race cars in online races, etc.
Thanks to Dooblewasur for the quick tip!

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
  • Always stay true to yourself.
« Reply #903 on: May 22, 2012, 10:02:11 AM »

At the time of my DL there wasn't any info to be found as to what it contained.  The web site was still down for maintenance and in-game GT5 info wasn't updated.  Went to bed shortly there after. 

So I wonder...  is the update big enough to hold all the listed updated stuff and possibly a track which hasn't been mentioned as of yet?  Possibly a new track connected with the GT Academy, which will be use in one of the future rounds?
Just speculation here of course, but I can see PD doing something like that.  :-\

Two things about the update...

What exactly is the save data backup feature they added.  I'll explore some of this later on, but what did they add/enhance/fix/F-up?????

I like the seasonal evnets  Performance Difference Adjustment, if is what I think it is.  Seems right you should get a bigger payout in credits and exp. if your using a car similar in PP to the ones your running against.   Using racing soft when the A.I. is running sports hard should pay less than if your running sports hard... just saying

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #904 on: May 22, 2012, 10:54:21 AM »

What exactly is the save data backup feature they added. 

From what I understand there will now be 2 GT5 game saves in the Game Save Utility. One being current, and one being a previous save. How far back I don't know. If you look at the GT-A game saves, it's been doing this since it came out.  It's just a back up in case you screw up something, you can go back to the older save.

For people like me who back up their game save to a thumb drive after every gaming session, it probably won't make any difference.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 10:56:21 AM by ChromeTuna »

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #905 on: May 22, 2012, 10:55:23 AM »

The update is pretty big for some new paint jobs on cars already in the game. I think gtplanet spotted twIn ring motegi in gt academy videos. Could just be more dlc. Anyone rremember how big the other updates were that included dlc?

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #906 on: May 22, 2012, 10:58:17 AM »

The update is pretty big for some new paint jobs on cars already in the game. I think gtplanet spotted twIn ring motegi in gt academy videos. Could just be more dlc. Anyone rremember how big the other updates were that included dlc?

Motegi is in the final round of GT-A. The speculation is it will be added to the game after.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #907 on: May 22, 2012, 11:27:44 AM »

I concur

the filesize does seem a bit large for what they mentioned.  ther must be some sort of "media" included.  Track.  Car.  More music (would have been mentioned so probably not) or new sound effects (same here).

replacing some code or even adding a new feature that does not require its own new media elements would make it a much smaller update than it was.

My money is on a new track.  Motegi seems logical given the clues people have noticed...

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #908 on: May 22, 2012, 11:37:08 AM »

From what I understand there will now be 2 GT5 game saves in the Game Save Utility. One being current, and one being a previous save. How far back I don't know. If you look at the GT-A game saves, it's been doing this since it came out.  It's just a back up in case you screw up something, you can go back to the older save.

For people like me who back up their game save to a thumb drive after every gaming session, it probably won't make any difference.

:huh  now that would be a rather clever way to prevent cloning...   

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #909 on: May 22, 2012, 02:26:48 PM »

Copied this from MastrGT's post over at the PSN Forum :)

How to claim your Academy prizes

This blog post explains the details about claiming your prizes, July 4th, or later.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/22/gt-academy-2012-update-how-and-when-to-unlock-prizes/

GT Academy 2012 Update: How and When to Unlock Prizes

+ Posted by Ken Chan // Associate Product Manager, SCEA

Welcome to week four of this year’s GT Academy competition! By now you’ve probably learned the basic fundamentals of the racing line, variable high-speed cornering, continuous elevation changes, and multi-radius acceleration, all while trying to maintain the highest grip possible to maximize corner exit speed.

If you achieved a Gold Trophy in all five events within a round, you will unlock the GT Academy-spec Nissan used in the trials of that round. Prizes will be distributed one week after the online competition of GT Academy ends, which is on or after July 4th, 2012. Here are the four cars you can unlock in Rounds 1 through 4:

Round 1 – Nissan Leaf (GT Academy) ’11
        Round 2 – Nissan Silvia spec-R AERO (GT Academy) ‘02
        Round 3 – Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec II (GT Academy) ‘94
        Round 4 – Nissan 370Z (GT Academy) ‘08

*** Each of the subsequent vehicle prizing will be unveiled as Round 5 and 6 are unlocked on May 28th and Round 7 and 8 on June 11th

Drivers who clear all eight rounds of the competition with a Bronze Trophy or better will receive the special “GT Academy 2012” racing gear – the head-turning GT Academy racing suit

You can claim your prizes (including the GT Academy racing suit) on or after July 4th, 2012. To add these items to your collection, start up Gran Turismo 5 or Gran Turismo 5 XL, select “GT Mode” on the main menu, select “Community and Gift”, and your earned prizes will be shown on the right side of the screen. For a detailed description, please head to the official site here.

For now, be sure to learn as much as you can for each of the events as the final Round 8, Event 5 race is only a few short weeks away. Good luck!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 02:28:51 PM by Feldynn »

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #910 on: May 22, 2012, 03:19:19 PM »

When we get the cars we ought to evnet something with them in stock form.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #911 on: May 22, 2012, 03:50:17 PM »

When we get the cars we ought to evnet something with them in stock form.

Academy car shuffle. Run a race with each one, rinse, and repeat.  :)

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #912 on: May 22, 2012, 07:22:58 PM »

I was thinking more along the lines of setting them on fire. I understand Nissan is sponsoring it, but I'm tired of Nissans already.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #913 on: May 22, 2012, 07:28:08 PM »

So 10 laps of the Nurburgring with the Nissan Leaf it is!!

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #914 on: May 22, 2012, 09:00:46 PM »

^ ::) ^  (Is he serious?)    Somebody give me a dull rusty spoon - I have some veins to open.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 117   Go Up