SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 04:19:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141777 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #990 on: June 22, 2012, 12:04:20 PM »

Scion and Subby are basically same car here in US.

Yes, but one is a Scion and the other is a sandwich.

Er, I mean one has a Scion badge and the other has a Subaru badge... which makes a difference when shopping.

Oh look, you forgot your Alley McBeal.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #991 on: June 22, 2012, 01:02:04 PM »

As to the FRS/BRZ/GT86 triplets, I've been following the gestation of this car since 2009 when it was unveiled as a concept car.  If you have any questions about the car I probably know the answer.

The platform is a modified Impreza chassis.  The 2.0 liter boxer engine is a brand new design that utilizes Toyota's direct fuel injection system.  However it also has conventional port fuel injection.  The compression ratio of the engine is 12.5:1 and the bore and stroke are both 86mm, making it perfectly square.  Peak horsepower is 200, peak torque 151.  Redline is 7400 rpm, which is unimpressive for a 2.0 performance engine, but to it's credit the torque is quite usable (though there is a very noticeable dip in the torque band from 3000-3500 rpm).  Weight distribution is 53/47 and the engine is placed too far back under the hood for any variation of Subaru's AWD system to be feasible.  In making this car light weight and good handling were the focus.  The handling target was the Porsche Cayman.  That being said it's curb weight is just over 2700lbs and it's center of gravity is lower than almost anything you can buy (about half an inch lower than the Cayman).

The FRS is the "low cost" version that has fewer standard options and fewer available options than the Subaru.  Visually the only big difference is the front bumper and the headlights.  The Subaru has HIDs standard - HIDs are unavailable on the Scion.  Performance-wise the engines and transmissions and brakes are identical.  As to handling the Scion has slightly softer front springs that makes controllable oversteer occur easily.  Meanwhile the Subaru has stiffer front springs and at the limit is more stable and prone to a 4 wheel drift.  The Subaru costs more, but once you factor in the standard features it comes with it's more or less a wash between the two cars.

In 2009 they talked about a price of just over $20,000 and a curb weight of 2600 lbs.  So I saw this car as being a possible replacement for my S2000 (I really want a lightweight coupe with a rear seat/shelf, not a huge convertible guy).  Sadly this car costs more than promised, weighs more than promised and comes with an engine that in it's naturally aspirated form is pretty tapped out.  So my interest has been lost until the day, if ever, they announce a turbo/supercharged model.

PSN ID = dawson864

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #992 on: June 24, 2012, 12:00:18 PM »

Today I was pushing a grocery cart through the store. I actually said (in my mind) "God, this thing understeers really bad."

Maybe I play too much GT. Or maybe not enough, as I couldn't remember which camber/toe settings would help the cart.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #993 on: June 24, 2012, 12:26:56 PM »

:lmao2

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #995 on: June 24, 2012, 04:22:16 PM »

Today I was pushing a grocery cart through the store. I actually said (in my mind) "God, this thing understeers really bad."

I couldn't remember which camber/toe settings would help the cart.

I believe you need to adjust your w.o.m.a.n settings.
:lmao
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #996 on: June 24, 2012, 06:49:31 PM »

I couldn't remember which camber/toe settings would help the cart.

I believe you need to adjust your w.o.m.a.n settings.

:lolz

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #997 on: June 25, 2012, 08:18:39 AM »

Maybe I play too much GT. Or maybe not enough, as I couldn't remember which camber/toe settings would help the cart.

put the heavy stuff in the back of the cart.... laundry detergent, meats, soda etc.  lighter stuff in the front.

those things are rear-engine basically 

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #998 on: June 25, 2012, 11:33:48 AM »

put the heavy stuff in the back of the cart.... laundry detergent, meats, soda etc.  lighter stuff in the front.

I do this all the time with 50 pounds of cat littler and its a world of difference compared to putting them at the front of the cart. 

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #999 on: June 25, 2012, 11:51:31 AM »

I do this all the time with 50 pounds of cat littler and its a world of difference compared to putting them at the front of the cart. 

Also remember that the lower the weight the less the weight transfer. You can often put things on the bottom shelf of the cart. That's where the kitty litter goes.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1000 on: June 25, 2012, 11:57:36 AM »

:cat :dog

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #1001 on: June 25, 2012, 12:07:58 PM »

I love that this conversation exists.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1002 on: June 25, 2012, 01:05:51 PM »

worst possible scenario, a 9yo kid on the front of the kart when you're trying to turn!!!!!!!

I tell him "LEAN IN THE DIRECTION I'M TURNING!!!!!!"

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1003 on: June 25, 2012, 01:31:22 PM »

That 9yo kid is going to be useful when you leave the store and enter a snowy parking lot.  Have you ever pushed a cart in snow?  You'll be thankful for the added traction.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1004 on: June 25, 2012, 02:41:28 PM »

I buy lots of pop and drinking water and agree that weight distribution is very important in a cart. Put that water in the front, and it practically won't turn. It must be placed near the rear.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 117   Go Up