SupaTunaGT

• March 28, 2024, 03:52:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141065 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2011, 08:40:21 AM »

Not sure if it's related to the update, but I've been having trouble logging in. Last night I went through the shut down ritual and tried to follow Infiniti's instructions to resetting by server numbers but soon got dazed and confused and backed out. No matter. The next time I tried it it let me in. This was about 10:30 last night.

This morning, I can log in as UCan but not my other accounts. I have just gone through the shut down procedure again (PS3, network router, and my modem) and am about to try the other accounts again.

And yes, the update apparently closes the entrance to Wonderland that was discovered on the 24-hour NBR. I used it once and  know of no others at this time.

If you have a router and were going to use the 8,8,8,8 and 8,8,4,4 DNS you need to do it in your router. I still think a lot of the issues come from the switch from SCEA to SNEA.

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2011, 08:58:58 AM »

No issues with logging in through either of my accounts before or after the server maintenance and patch.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2011, 09:16:11 AM »

Not sure if it's related to the update, but I've been having trouble logging in. Last night I went through the shut down ritual and tried to follow Infiniti's instructions to resetting by server numbers but soon got dazed and confused and backed out. No matter. The next time I tried it it let me in. This was about 10:30 last night.

This morning, I can log in as UCan but not my other accounts. I have just gone through the shut down procedure again (PS3, network router, and my modem) and am about to try the other accounts again.

And yes, the update apparently closes the entrance to Wonderland that was discovered on the 24-hour NBR. I used it once and  know of no others at this time.

I don't think it's related to the update as I have had the exact same troubles you are having for the past week now. 

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2011, 09:47:16 AM »

I had the same login problems yesterday morning.  I power off my PS3  (something I never really do.  it only shuts down when there is a power outage).  Rebooted.  Still had problem.

I powered off again.  Unplugged the PS3.  Plugged it back in, rebooted and everything worked...

No modem/network bouncing and no DNS changes required...

Seemed to coincide with the last "User Agreement" change that required everyone's re-acceptance. 

UCanTuna

• Mr. Man
  • The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Say whaaaaat?
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2011, 09:51:37 AM »

I powered everything down and still had issues on my two secondary accounts. Went in and tested and PSN access "failed". Looking at network settings I noticed the "8888" and "8844" numbers were missing on one account. Entered those and everything returned to normal. Can now log in on all accounts. Had to re-accept the new user agreement on my Golfpro account. I know I've used it since the first of the month.

It's just that wacky Internetz and lever pulling monkeys, I think.
Did you just say "Djibouti"?

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2011, 10:28:03 AM »

I use my PS3 all the time (they are always on) and I didn't see the user agreement BS until late Tuesday night.  Wednesday morning is when I had the login issues.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2011, 01:00:05 PM »

No issues with logging in through either of my accounts before or after the server maintenance and patch.

This^
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2011, 11:41:29 AM »

Used Car Search.

http://gt5cars.heroku.com/used_car_searches/new

Basically you have to enter the top 8 cars in your used lot and it will tell you when whatever car you're searching for will come up.  

Here's an example.

http://gt5cars.heroku.com/used_car_searches/sample

Pretty sweet tool if you've been looking for a certain car for  a while.

Made by a guy at GTPlanet.  The site is also a user garage similar to mygranturismo.net.

http://gt5cars.heroku.com/cars

« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 11:44:18 AM by TunaWiz »

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2011, 12:52:49 PM »

Jeez, Wiz....I got all excited after seeing your post about the car locator.....then "reality" hit.

Well, I tried the "locator" and it didn't work for me. :angry  I tried 3 times to find the Renault - 5 Maxi Turbo Rally Car '85 and it couldn't find it.....regardless of how many times I cycled the garage (and correctly entered the car data)..... For me, this is just another Epic Fail....I am hoping that perhaps others will find it usefull.  Thanks for sharing.  I hope it works for others.  

Fer chrissake, I'm only trying to find ONE friggin' car :banghead  It can't be THAT hard, can it?   (I've now "cycled my garage 670 times.   Where'd you put that P.O.S., PD?????
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 12:57:16 PM by TunahCroonah »

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2011, 01:05:26 PM »

Where'd you put that P.O.S., PD?????

I think it's in the Online Dealership right now.  Too bad you can't FUCK ing access it!

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2011, 01:35:25 PM »

Where'd you put that P.O.S., PD?????

I think it's in the Online Dealership right now.  Too bad you can't FUCK ing access it!

:lmao   Yeah, it figures.  :D

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
  • Always stay true to yourself.
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2011, 03:23:07 AM »

Was poking around over at GTPlanet tonight and found an interesting news article concerning Additional tracks.
This was dated 2 weeks ago, so it isn't new, but haven't seen it mentioned here and since there isn't a hell of a lot
to do with GT5 right now, I thought I'd post it up...

25 New Track Logos Discovered on Gran Turismo 5 Website [UPDATES]

25 New Track Logos Discovered on Gran Turismo 5 Website [UPDATES]
Gran Turismo 5 April 11th, 2011 by Jordan

While poking around the Remote Racing section of the official GT5 “My Home” website, GTPlanet user Yonis made an interesting discovery: the site has been loaded with 24 logos for tracks which aren’t currently playable in the game. Here’s how he did it (hint: the images are publicly available on Polyphony Digital’s web servers if you can decipher their file names), and here’s what he found:

Super Speedway
    Driving Park (20r60r)
    Apricot Hill
    Citta di Aria
    Costa di Amalfi
    Grand Canyon
    Hong Kong
    Ice Arena
    Infineon Raceway
    Driving Park (Kashiwa)
    Las Vegas
    Midfield Raceway
    Twin Ring Motegi
    New York
    George V Paris
    Opera Paris (Tarmac)
    Seattle Circuit
    Seoul Circuit
    Swiss Alps South
    Tahiti Maze
    Valencia Circuit
    El Capitan
    Cathedral Rocks (Dirt)
    Cathedral Rocks (Dirt Mini)
    Cathedral Rocks (Dirt Short)

Yonis pointed out these images are accessible under a GT5-specific image directory on the gran-turismo.com website (…/gt5/remote_race/common/courselogo/) and sized appropriately for the GT5 remote racing site. It should also be noted the tracks above have never been seen together in any GT game – Valencia was not in GT4, while Hong Kong, Las Vegas, and George V Paris were absent from GT PSP.

It is impossible to know exactly what these images are doing on the GT5 web site, though it’s tempting to speculate… El Capitan has already been seen in Gran Turismo 5 via the accidentally-leaked Red Bull “Horse Power” trailer, so we know at least a few of these updated circuits must be floating around Polyphony Digital’s offices.

Whether or not they’ll be coming in future updates to GT5 – or if they’ll be saved for Gran Turismo 6 – remains to be seen. Regardless, kudos to Yonis for this discovery, and thanks to Dylans1o for the tip!

***UPDATES***

Yet another track logo for “Super Speedway” has been discovered on the site, bumping the total number to 25. This logo is particularly interesting as it represents a circuit not seen since Gran Turismo 3. GT4 and GT PSP instead used Twin Ring Motegi’s actual “Super Speedway” and represented the track with Motegi’s logo. Though the overall shape of the original course (it was in GT2 as well) and the Motegi course are the same, their surrounding backdrops were very different.

There have also been questions about when, exactly, these image files were uploaded to Polyphony Digital’s servers. As noted by user MitsuStigi in the comments, this information is revealed in the image’s HTTP response headers, many of which show a date of March 9, 2011 or January 28, 2011. The Remote Racing website was launched with GT5 v1.06 on February 18th.

InfiniTuna

• Bigeye Tuna
  • Always stay true to yourself.
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2011, 03:34:59 AM »

I remember that Horse Power trailer. It was up for less than a day (Sept. 16th at the startof  the Tokyo Show ) I knew I had seen El Capitan someplace before the release, didn't realize it was in this vid till I saw that article.  It's a short 2 sec. piece at 1:01 - 1:03 in vid.
So the possibility exists of more tracks... maybe :)  Which is what I would want over more cars hands down. 
In fact I haz a copy I made... was lucky enough to get this before it was pulled.

Red-Bull-720p

TunaRag

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Albacore Tuna
  • Sloganizing since 2006
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2011, 05:31:52 AM »

Super Speedway
    Driving Park (20r60r)
    Apricot Hill
    Citta di Aria
    Costa di Amalfi
    Grand Canyon
    Hong Kong
    Ice Arena
    Infineon Raceway
    Driving Park (Kashiwa)
    Las Vegas
    Midfield Raceway
    Twin Ring Motegi
    New York
    George V Paris
    Opera Paris (Tarmac)
    Seattle Circuit
    Seoul Circuit
    Swiss Alps South
    Tahiti Maze
    Valencia Circuit
    El Capitan
    Cathedral Rocks (Dirt)
    Cathedral Rocks (Dirt Mini)
    Cathedral Rocks (Dirt Short)

And still no Belgian track.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2011, 05:34:46 AM »

Good find Infinituna, there's some good tracks in that list, especially El Capitan.

Would be nice to get the additions.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 117   Go Up