SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 04:59:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141813 times)

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #1065 on: July 24, 2012, 11:52:05 AM »

Thanks for participating in the car vote. This is just a preliminary test, with selected cars from the old, humongous list, so please keep an eye on how it develops. There should be a few votes a year helping to keep people participating without making it an onerous job.

Please read the instructions to answer most questions you may have.

reddrum37

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #1066 on: July 24, 2012, 05:49:55 PM »

Thanks for all the help and advise guys. While playing around with it today this is what I found. Once you reach Lvl 40 in B-spec your bobs will not earn XP in the regular career B-spec races. They do earn XP if you use them in the online races witch in turn makes them better drivers in the career mode. I guess this is because the career B-spec is tied to your stats and not to your multiple bobs.

Once again thanks for all the help.
Reddrum37

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1067 on: July 24, 2012, 11:44:55 PM »

I don't think that is completely accurate.

I made it to level 40 b-spec way before ANY of my bobs did.  But they did make it to level 40; and that was long before there was anything even remotely like remote racing.

Unless PD/Kaz/Sony changed something without letting us know - and we know they wouldn't do anything like that...   ::)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1068 on: July 25, 2012, 05:58:01 AM »

Thanks for all the help and advise guys. While playing around with it today this is what I found. Once you reach Lvl 40 in B-spec your bobs will not earn XP in the regular career B-spec races. They do earn XP if you use them in the online races witch in turn makes them better drivers in the career mode. I guess this is because the career B-spec is tied to your stats and not to your multiple bobs.

Once again thanks for all the help.
Reddrum37

Has this been tested with endurance races (where there are multiple drivers used)?

reddrum37

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #1069 on: July 25, 2012, 07:15:37 AM »

PD may have changed something Charlie. All I know is that I ran 17 B-spec career races yesterday with the same bob and didn't gain any XP  with him until I ran a couple of remote races with the same bob last night.

I haven't got to the endurance races yet Turbo I'll let you know when I do.

Reddrum37

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1070 on: July 25, 2012, 08:09:37 PM »

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-rumored-to-include-large-number-of-tracks/

Please be true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #1071 on: July 25, 2012, 08:42:06 PM »

New bobs will advance and gain experience...  But YOUR b-spec level can never exceed 40...   Some of my ids are on their 3st iteration of bobs...

I understand that I can not advance more than 40, but my bobs are stuck at levels around 28. I am  not really that concerned about there level as I am about there experience. I am referring to the little white  bar on each of their pages that grew after each race. It has stopped moving and they don't seem to be getting any better. Also the other green graphs on their pages showing increases in driving skill have also stopped increasing after each race. Is this normal? Will they begin to show improvement with out the graphic representation?

Thanks,
Reddrum37

That white experience bar you refer to, That will only grow when you run them individually in the ingame B-Spec mode, they get none from remote races.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #1072 on: July 25, 2012, 08:42:52 PM »

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-rumored-to-include-large-number-of-tracks/

I just hope they release it on the PS3, I'd rather not buy a PS4; but I'm such a GT nerd I'm sure I'd get a PS4/GT6 combo pack when they release GT6 in 2034.  :)

PS: Lots of new tracks would be amazing!!

reddrum37

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #1073 on: July 25, 2012, 09:16:20 PM »

New bobs will advance and gain experience...  But YOUR b-spec level can never exceed 40...   Some of my ids are on their 3st iteration of bobs...

I understand that I can not advance more than 40, but my bobs are stuck at levels around 28. I am  not really that concerned about there level as I am about there experience. I am referring to the little white  bar on each of their pages that grew after each race. It has stopped moving and they don't seem to be getting any better. Also the other green graphs on their pages showing increases in driving skill have also stopped increasing after each race. Is this normal? Will they begin to show improvement with out the graphic representation?

Thanks,
Reddrum37

That white experience bar you refer to, That will only grow when you run them individually in the ingame B-Spec mode, they get none from remote races.

After my original post I thought that maybe it was just moving so slow that I could not see it. Yesterday I started a new driver and 32 in-game races later, the bar is still black. However, he does seem to be improving. He is no longer dive bombing corners and sliding off the track. He has also began to win most of the races given the right car. Is it possible I have a corrupted file on an update preventing this graph from working or due to the fact that I am at Lvl 40 the bar just moves that slow?

What ever the problem is, as long as my bob keeps winning and his driving seems to be getting better, and I can get the reward cars I'm happy.

Thanks,
Reddrum37

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1074 on: July 25, 2012, 09:33:38 PM »

I just hope they release it on the PS3, I'd rather not buy a PS4; but I'm such a GT nerd I'm sure I'd get a PS4/GT6 combo pack when they release GT6 in 2034.  :)

Unfortunately the Despondent Dave in me thinks that "lots of new tracks" will most likely mean "some new tracks with a bunch of different versions to pad out the "track" count!". 

One new track could contain 3 basic layouts (east, west and full courses), a weather / time change version and a "historic" layout then suddenly you've got "5 new tracks!", apply this to say 5 new track locations and suddenly "OMG many new tracks, enough to knock off your head the hat you are wearing!11!!1!" because now there's technically 25 new tracks.

IMO one track should refer to the main track / location, so for example where the Daytona Speedway has the oval and road course they shouldn't be counted as two separate tracks and rather should be considered 1 track with 2 layouts.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #1075 on: July 26, 2012, 07:52:54 AM »

I just hope they release it on the PS3, I'd rather not buy a PS4; but I'm such a GT nerd I'm sure I'd get a PS4/GT6 combo pack when they release GT6 in 2034.  :)

Unfortunately the Despondent Dave in me thinks that "lots of new tracks" will most likely mean "some new tracks with a bunch of different versions to pad out the "track" count!". 

One new track could contain 3 basic layouts (east, west and full courses), a weather / time change version and a "historic" layout then suddenly you've got "5 new tracks!", apply this to say 5 new track locations and suddenly "OMG many new tracks, enough to knock off your head the hat you are wearing!11!!1!" because now there's technically 25 new tracks.

IMO one track should refer to the main track / location, so for example where the Daytona Speedway has the oval and road course they shouldn't be counted as two separate tracks and rather should be considered 1 track with 2 layouts.

Sheesh. Glass half empty.

Lemme guess... you're Despondent Dave Jr., son of Despondent Dave & Debbie Downer?

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1076 on: July 26, 2012, 09:01:28 AM »

No no, I'm Melancholy Murphy.. son of Despondent Dave and Debbie Downer, grandson of Gloomy Gus and nephew of Bummed Bob.. that's right, Bob's my uncle ;D.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1077 on: July 26, 2012, 10:44:01 AM »

I guess we'll find out 'soon.'

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1078 on: July 26, 2012, 10:47:16 AM »

I guess we'll find out 'soon.'

"soon"

that's better  ::)

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1079 on: July 26, 2012, 11:34:23 AM »

... and don't forget even though all of track data will be stored on the Disk at release, we will have to pay a $5 DLC fee to access each variation of every track. Although we might get forward and reverse versions in one DLC pack. The game disk itself will retail for $99.99. 

The only track we will get for free is Cape Ring, its existing variations, plus 4 new variations of the existing layout thanks to large ramps strategically located around the track.

Coming to a PS4 near you "soon"

Quack  ^-^
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 117   Go Up