SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 04:58:47 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141812 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #1095 on: August 21, 2012, 11:57:25 AM »

... and don't forget even though all of track data will be stored on the Disk at release, we will have to pay a $5 DLC fee to access each variation of every track. Although we might get forward and reverse versions in one DLC pack. The game disk itself will retail for $99.99.

this has not been the mode of PD for GT5 (or any other because DLC is new to GT).

the DLC is NOT on the discs.  rather, what you are probably hearing is that "we already have it and then have to pay for it" which is true.  you download an update that contains the DLC among other game fixes etc.  Then, we receive another update that makes that prior update go live and allow you to access the items.  That 2nd update coincides with the Playstation Store being updated.

It's all very brilliant really.  It's just an often misunderstood process.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #1096 on: August 21, 2012, 12:29:43 PM »

Guess I should have mentioned what the hell it is, eh?  It's a 1954 Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinin Farina Coupe.

That doesn't look right. You sure you didn't leave something out of that long ass fucking name?  

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1097 on: August 21, 2012, 01:16:13 PM »

yea, he forgot the ' above the "e" in coupe to make it "coopay".

it's french.   

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1098 on: August 21, 2012, 01:58:21 PM »

Guess I should have mentioned what the hell it is, eh?  It's a 1954 Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinin Farina Coupe.

That doesn't look right. You sure you didn't leave something out of that long ass fucking name?  

It still falls short of the unfettered awesomeness of the Alfa Romeo Cacciatore Pepperoni Calzone Risotto PerryComo Zamboni Mancini Mariachi Race Car though ;D

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1099 on: August 21, 2012, 04:22:27 PM »

That Karma has good KARMA, me wantz!!!  Followed one home today.  Very fast but not as maneuverable in traffic as an RX8 - either that or they didn't know how to drive it...

Very bitchin' looking though.  It had a wide stance - looked wider than a vette, viper, or even firebird trans-am.  But it reminded me of the offspring between a mating of a high-end Ferrari and the Alfa 8C.  :drool2

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #1100 on: August 21, 2012, 07:36:03 PM »

It still falls short of the unfettered awesomeness of the Alfa Romeo Cacciatore Pepperoni Calzone Risotto PerryComo Zamboni Mancini Mariachi Race Car though ;D

I'm hungry now. Thanks Feldynn.   ^-^
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1101 on: August 22, 2012, 08:51:46 AM »

That Karma has good KARMA, me wantz!!!  Followed one home today.  Very fast but not as maneuverable in traffic as an RX8 - either that or they didn't know how to drive it...

Very bitchin' looking though.  It had a wide stance - looked wider than a vette, viper, or even firebird trans-am.  But it reminded me of the offspring between a mating of a high-end Ferrari and the Alfa 8C.  

Better check that again Charlie. They are so hot they're burning up.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 10:21:21 AM by DudeTuna »

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1102 on: August 22, 2012, 10:16:30 AM »

For some reason the KARMA reminds me of a few cars mashed together.  The front end seems a bit like a BMW Z8, and the rest seems like a generic version of a number of 2 and 4 door sports coupes like an Aston Martin, Jaguar, Ferrari, Maserati and such. 

Kind of like the way the Oullim Motors Spirra has a generic Super Car look to it, lots of familiar lines that make it look almost like a Ferrari or something else but never quite give it it's own unique style.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1103 on: August 22, 2012, 01:28:51 PM »

that's one of the unfortunately truths about car design.  how do you do something totally new without it looking weird or too futuristic?

so many great cars are being manufactured, and aerodynamics necessitate certain aspects to car design.  and that leaves cars that are around the same performance level looking similar.

are we in the "hair band" era of super cars?  Too many and too over-saturated of a market?  Are they making them just to make them?

In some ways I feel that we're in the golden-era of car design, but in some ways it's getting too crazy.  IDK   :-\

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #1104 on: August 22, 2012, 02:12:06 PM »

In some ways I feel that we're in the golden-era of car design, but in some ways it's getting too crazy.  IDK   :-\

It's weird that you mention this. Personally I disagree, I think function trumps form nowadays (how do we get the best mileage at x price point?)... anyway, I was reading a book and came across this:

"...would you say that American rock music and American cars have their classic periods in strange synchronization, and that the two hottest periods were around 1955 and 1969? Is it far to say that there has not been a good American car since 1969 and that rock 'n' roll was petering out hard after that?"

"If you had a loud 400 hp 1969 GTO with a Hurst three-speed on the floor and the Allman Brothers' 'One Way Out' playing as loud inside the car, would you not be unstoppable not only in all the serious adolescent ways but even now in nearly all of the serious postadolescent pre-senile ways?"

I think it's an interesting observation, although completely tangential to what you were saying, that cars and music peak at similar times. Considering today's music, cars must be terrible.  :)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1105 on: August 22, 2012, 02:35:35 PM »

It's weird that you mention this. Personally I disagree, I think function trumps form nowadays (how do we get the best mileage at x price point?)... anyway, I was reading a book and came across this:

"...would you say that American rock music and American cars have their classic periods in strange synchronization, and that the two hottest periods were around 1955 and 1969? Is it far to say that there has not been a good American car since 1969 and that rock 'n' roll was petering out hard after that?"

"If you had a loud 400 hp 1969 GTO with a Hurst three-speed on the floor and the Allman Brothers' 'One Way Out' playing as loud inside the car, would you not be unstoppable not only in all the serious adolescent ways but even now in nearly all of the serious postadolescent pre-senile ways?"

I think it's an interesting observation, although completely tangential to what you were saying, that cars and music peak at similar times. Considering today's music, cars must be terrible.  :)

I concur

The big 3 were changing body styles almost every year, and were putting out some cool shit. Most of your everyday cars now, all look very similar. There's not very many new cars I'd like to own, but there are a ton from the era mentioned above.

Also, I remember seeing "Body by Fisher" on the bottom door jam of many a car when I was growing up...........memories.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1106 on: August 22, 2012, 02:37:18 PM »

"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1107 on: August 22, 2012, 02:47:27 PM »

Fisher Body was right down the road from me.  And yes those days are definitely gone and so is the giant factory they occupied.

There are so many empty lots where car factories used to be... it's a shame.

but back to my point about supercars being in their golden-era.  I believe they are, but at some point it's getting too hairband for me.  I don't know how else to say it.

They all sounded very similar... copy a format that was successful for another band and you're going to sell, right?  Well that worked for the better part of a decade.  I think we're in a "go faster and produce better numbers" game with supercars right now, and the form the cars take asthetically is only going to get more similar to one another as they reach higher numbers.  Mostly because of aerodynamics.

For instance, if you want higher horsepower and good fuel economy, you might be inclined to go the route of forced induction to save weight.  How many cylenders can you keep adding?  Where's the additional power going to come from?

Supercars will all be turbo'd, AWD (because putting power down becomes increasingly more difficult the higher you go) and carbon reinforced plastic before too long.

That is, unless a truly innovative new technology becomes available.

I just hope we aren't reaching a peak any time soon.

It's too much fun for the ride to be soon over.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1108 on: August 22, 2012, 03:20:51 PM »

These days it seems more about power and output and less about style and soul, like everything has to be more complicated and intricate than previously and the simple things that made older cars so awesome are lost in the twinkling lights and twiddling knobs.

Not that various cars of yesteryear didn't share design or styling features, as much as some different makes / models might have looked similar they still had their own character, quirks or something that made it stand apart. 

Ehh, my train of thought has kinda got derailed and the driver wandered off somewhere.. not sure where I was going with this now, oh well :).

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1109 on: August 22, 2012, 03:33:09 PM »

It's all bluetooth, wi fi, hands free pairing and voice activated navigation. I used to look at a map before I went somewhere so I would know where I was going. Cars are more rolling couches or pods. There is no visceral feel from the automobile.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 117   Go Up