SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 05:55:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141869 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #1125 on: September 20, 2012, 12:36:35 PM »

we've proven over at the deathstar that indeed tire wear model and draft slipstream have changed significatnly in the past two weeks without an update.  some of that will be made perminent in this patch (I think).

That's an interesting discovery Ex!  And it might explain how Brindle and I managed 20 laps (albeit a bit slow and wobbly near the end!) on one set of Sports: Soft tires this past Wednesday for the Tuna, though I did end up a good 2 seconds slower than my own best lap towards the end my Challenger still felt relatively happy riding around on the rims which I hadn't expected.  I'd figured it was going to be WAY more twitchy and wanting to spin out than it was.

I've bought every DLC they've spit out so far, I think I'm going to pass on this one.

:ditto I'll probably drop the 99 pennies for that Honda car because at least that seems like a "new" one but I've no interest in paying for the Toyota / Scion clone or yet another Academy / Schulze style GT-R.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1126 on: September 20, 2012, 01:01:58 PM »

I've bought every DLC they've spit out so far, I think I'm going to pass on this one.

I might buy the Honda race car, but probably not the other two.  We already have them.  Shame, cuz I like the subie one the best of the three.

what erks me at the moment is that this might signal that they don't have major DLC planned for the near future.  If they did, why not make at least one of these free and then include the other t wo in a larger car pack?

Why not at least tell us there is a track pack planned for next month or something?

Is this perhaps their only response to Forza Horizon's release?  I'm not assuming so just yet, but sincerely hope it is not so.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1127 on: September 20, 2012, 01:06:42 PM »

Is this perhaps their only response to Forza Horizon's release? 

I'd honestly be surprised if PD is threatened much by Forza Horizon.  It's not even a proper Forza release.  It's just an offshoot, arcade style game not even developed by Turn 10.  Forza 5 is rumored to be out sometime next year.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1128 on: September 20, 2012, 01:07:55 PM »

That's an interesting discovery Ex!  And it might explain how Brindle and I managed 20 laps (albeit a bit slow and wobbly near the end!) on one set of Sports: Soft tires this past Wednesday for the Tuna, though I did end up a good 2 seconds slower than my own best lap towards the end my Challenger still felt relatively happy riding around on the rims which I hadn't expected.  I'd figured it was going to be WAY more twitchy and wanting to spin out than it was.

that is something someone has pointed out, that now when you have extremely low tires (black or almost all black) you can actually still finish the race because you still have a tiny amount of grip.

if you take a look at how the racing tires have changed, that's also very interesting.

Mediums heat up and stay hot if you push them, softs are even more pronounced, and Hards are able to be kept cool-ish for most of their stint.

tire choice in longer races seems to be panning out as a viable choice now.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1129 on: September 20, 2012, 04:01:22 PM »

" Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height. (Vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit.)"

So they're fucking with how the tuning system works, both with this and down force adjustment, because I need a reason to retune all my cars?

After two fucking years, they decide to fix one of the fundamental aspects of the game - tuning a car. Why aren't they changing how the other tuning numbers affect cars? after all, I'm told by car guys that everything is backward.

Will they be changing the stock and bolt on defaults and ranges for the Scion and Toyota versions of that car that they totally screwed up the on the first two goes at it? Nope. But I bet it will be fixed on the 2014 version...paid DLC of course.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:14:49 PM by Turbo-Tuna »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1130 on: September 20, 2012, 04:10:35 PM »

" Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height. (Vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit.)"

So they're fucking with how the tuning system works, both with this and down force adjustment, because I need a reason to retune all my cars?

After two fucking years, they decide to fix one of the fundamental aspects of the game - tuning a car. Why aren't they changing how the other tuning numbers affect cars? after all, I'm told by car guys that everything is backward.

I completely understand what you're saying. Fortunately most of my tunes suck and perhaps their changes will make them better. :)

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1131 on: September 20, 2012, 04:33:51 PM »

Fortunately most of my tunes suck and perhaps their changes will make them better. :)

:stoopid:

Agreeing with most others here .... I dont need more cars/more cars of the same.  I appreciate GTAcademy, but if I dont drive another Nissan for a year, it'll still be too soon.

What I want is TRACKS.  All these other racing games people are playing (no need to list) and they have more tracks than they know what to do with.  Re-energize the game with tracks, and not these bonehead cars that we already have.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1132 on: September 20, 2012, 04:37:28 PM »

Fortunately most of my tunes suck and perhaps their changes will make them better. :)

:stoopid:

Agreeing with most others here .... I dont need more cars/more cars of the same.  I appreciate GTAcademy, but if I dont drive another Nissan for a year, it'll still be too soon.

What I want is TRACKS.  All these other racing games people are playing (no need to list) and they have more tracks than they know what to do with.  Re-energize the game with tracks, and not these bonehead cars that we already have.

I concur

I will never have the time to drive all the gt5 cars I already own. Bring on more tracks!

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1133 on: September 20, 2012, 04:59:21 PM »

Nods at the car count .... too many, never drive them all.  One thing I can say about that tho, the lower HP cars arent used enough.  Get a field of 100hp or less cars on a track like Deep Forest or Trial Mountain, and you cant have more fun anywhere.  Awhile back, I was involved in a 6-week series using the Nissan March .... OMG, what fun.  I so looked forward to that weekly race. Non stop door-to-door action at 80mph.  It still ranks up to the top of my list of all time favorite memories on GT5

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1134 on: September 20, 2012, 05:09:10 PM »

I really enjoy the lower HP/PP stuff too.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #1135 on: September 20, 2012, 05:12:14 PM »

Nods at the car count .... too many, never drive them all.  One thing I can say about that tho, the lower HP cars arent used enough.  Get a field of 10220hp or less cars on a track like Deep Forest or Trial Mountain, and you cant have more fun anywhere.  Awhile back, I was involved in a 6-week series using the Nissan March .... OMG, what fun.  I so looked forward to that weekly race. Non stop door-to-door action at 80mph.  It still ranks up to the top of my list of all time favorite memories on GT5

:D
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1136 on: September 21, 2012, 07:44:04 AM »

i've heard some discussion that leads me to believe it USED to be backwards, but more things like some of the suspension changes have been acting mroe like real cars should since a few months ago.  maybe the 2.07 release did it.  not sure.

i'm not an expert in that area... but I'm hearing murmurs of suspensions acting more "real" and that is coming from someone who worked on suspensions for years.

Can't say I understand it all, just saying that because things change, what someone reports as being wrong in GT one month, may not be the next.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1137 on: September 21, 2012, 07:59:16 AM »

For years I'd heard from car guys that the game had all the suspension stuff ass backward.  Not knowing how to tune a car for dick (I don't race in real life and I never really figured things out in Prologue or GT5), I purchased the book that came with the Collectors' Edition of the game.  I thought maybe that would help me understand not so much how to tune, but how PD thinks you should tune.

If they've made an overhaul to the way the tuning works (i.e. shit isn't ass backward anymore), it might be a nice thing to mention to us.  Granted, maybe they did and I just didn't read it, but I figure if they did mention it, someone here would have posted a link and I don't recall seeing that.

A little communication to their hardcore fans would be much appreciated, you know, before we jump to Forza, iRacing, or Race 07.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1138 on: September 21, 2012, 08:42:06 AM »

If they've made an overhaul to the way the tuning works (i.e. shit isn't ass backward anymore), it might be a nice thing to mention to us.  Granted, maybe they did and I just didn't read it, but I figure if they did mention it, someone here would have posted a link and I don't recall seeing that.

A little communication to their hardcore fans would be much appreciated, you know, before we jump to Forza, iRacing, or Race 07.

And this is why I say watch out for project cars. If forza was in PS3, GT would be losing players. Changing the way a fundamental part of a game works over a year and a half after the game is out is dumb, even if it is making it more realistic.

Ex, the two main things I use for tuning are ride height and spring rate, and I haven't noticed significant change, certainly not to the point where what was backward has now been corrected.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1139 on: September 21, 2012, 08:46:20 AM »

I don't think all setting are backwards, just certain ones, mainly ride height. Jacking up the rear and slamming the front, should not give a rear drive car more traction, but as of right now it does.

Also, I have as close to as possible the same suspension setup on a '07 NC Roadster as I do on my real NC, and they both react pretty similar. After our little mountain trip, I was able to hit some good curves, and see how the real thing acts when pushed a little. Granted I was never near the edge, but got a sense of what it'll do. The in game car and suspension seems to be a pretty good representation of the real thing.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 117   Go Up