SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 01:58:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141613 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #1140 on: September 21, 2012, 08:58:55 AM »

I think i've heard comments that the roll bars work opposite as they used to... that's the specific example I'm thinking of... worth checking out IMO.

I think the compression/extension figures are not actually backwards, but worded in a way that causes confusion about which is which.

in other words, the reader is left to believe that if they increase the number on compression, that they are making it compress more.  that is not true.  it is the resistence to the compression that is increased.  depending on how you read it, it's backwards.

Rick is right, they should tell us what they're doing.  But japanese don't like to admit mistakes.  If they had to "correct" things over and over on the phsycis side, then that makes people lose confidence in their abilities to produce the best game.

I understand some of why they don't always tell us things, but I still dont' think that makes it right.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1141 on: September 21, 2012, 09:03:06 AM »

I don't think all setting are backwards, just certain ones, mainly ride height. Jacking up the rear and slamming the front, should not give a rear drive car more traction, but as of right now it does.

I think that depends on whether your loss of traction previously was associated with the car spinning around when the weight shifts to the back.  MR cars do that notoriously, and lowering the front and jacking the rear makes it so the weight doesn't transfer as much.  the steering wheels need to be kept in contact with the road, or the rear just applies power arbitrarily and the car's direction cannot be controlled as easily.

stiffening the rear further keeps the weight from shifting to the back when that seems to be the reason for loss of traction.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1142 on: September 21, 2012, 09:26:14 AM »

I'll probably drop the 99 pennies for that Honda car because at least that seems like a "new" one but I've no interest in paying for the Toyota / Scion clone or yet another Academy / Schulze style GT-R.

Yeah this is what I plan to do as well.  Just the Honda plz ;D

PSN ID = dawson864

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #1143 on: September 21, 2012, 09:29:18 AM »

Isn't the toe setting backwards? I think it shows front toe in as adding toe.  ???
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1144 on: September 21, 2012, 09:32:03 AM »

Isn't the toe setting backwards? I think it shows front toe in as adding toe.  ???

This is specifically what I was talking about...toe settings.  I think Spec and Gar have both mentioned in the past it was set up backward. 

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1145 on: September 21, 2012, 10:47:44 AM »

I think there's something a little odd with the camber too, I mean it seems to work as intended so far as I know but the way it's explained / displayed in GT5 might not be correct in terms of mechanical terminology.  From looking at settings sheets in other games it seems that Camber is displayed as a negative value when the top is tilted into the body rather than a positive one as is in GT5, it still amounts to the same thing so if the value is say 3.2 the wheels will be tilted inwards at the top by 3.2 just that one game says an inward tilt is -3.2 and GT5 says is +3.2.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1146 on: September 21, 2012, 10:55:15 AM »

I think there's something a little odd with the camber too, I mean it seems to work as intended so far as I know but the way it's explained / displayed in GT5 might not be correct in terms of mechanical terminology.  From looking at settings sheets in other games it seems that Camber is displayed as a negative value when the top is tilted into the body rather than a positive one as is in GT5, it still amounts to the same thing so if the value is say 3.2 the wheels will be tilted inwards at the top by 3.2 just that one game says an inward tilt is -3.2 and GT5 says is +3.2.

correct

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1147 on: September 21, 2012, 01:24:49 PM »

yes I've heard some gripes about toe being backward too, but "backward" can mean different things if that is all that is said.

the descriptions could be backward to the way it works in the game.

the way it works in the game could be backwards from reality

or the way the numbers are displayed could make you think you're doing one thing, when you're actually doing the opposite.

and it doesn't help that PD are japanese and  don't take much time to correct misunderstandings and shadowy areas of their software.

We are left to figure almost everything out for ourselves.

CAMBER> This is a great example of how they just can't decide how to notate things in the menus.

check out the attachment below and you'll see what I mean.

CAMBER IS LISTED AS (-) which means when you add a positive number of 2.0 front camber, you are actually saying "add two degrees of camber which are negative" but the number is still shown as a positive.

But then because Toe can have positive OR negative values for adjustment, they show the negative as negative and positive as positive.  So the impression is that when you see a positive number, it's a postive seting, but that's not always the case.

I fully admit I do not understand TOE enough to say whether it's backwards from reality or one of these other farses.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1148 on: September 22, 2012, 03:50:08 PM »

I understand the thought of too many cars in the game already and the desire for more tracks. But I probably only own 65% of what is offered anyway. Just cause they are available doesn't mean they have to be in my garage. I am intersted in the drivers cars out there and with that thought I cannot imagine passing on the Honda. Would I like more tracks yes of course if PD needs help with which ones I can come up with a list and they can pick and choose. But the Honda is supposed to be an absolutely brilliant vehicle in real life so I will not look that gift horse in the mouth. But thats just me. I could be wrong.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1149 on: September 22, 2012, 04:14:30 PM »

I checked, and already have a couple bucks in my virtual PS wallet, so I'll probably grab the Honda as well.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1150 on: September 22, 2012, 05:44:31 PM »

With umpteen GT500 cars in the game, I can't say I'm that interested in the new Honda, but might get it for something (a bit) new and different. I'm not touching the GT-R. If people speak favourably of the Subaru, I might get it, just for it's better stock settings than the 'Toyota' versions, which have horrendous stock suspension setups, as do their suspension upgrade defaults. I would then dispose of (most of ) my Toyota/Scion versions. This car (or these three cars, however you call it) is one of my favorites, regardless of its weak engine.

I wonder if we don't have a proper track creator so that we can't try to replicate real tacks that PD won't or has yet to give us.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1151 on: September 23, 2012, 09:31:31 AM »

With umpteen GT500 cars in the game, I can't say I'm that interested in the new Honda, but might get it for something (a bit) new and different. I'm not touching the GT-R. If people speak favourably of the Subaru, I might get it, just for it's better stock settings than the 'Toyota' versions, which have horrendous stock suspension setups, as do their suspension upgrade defaults. I would then dispose of (most of ) my Toyota/Scion versions. This car (or these three cars, however you call it) is one of my favorites, regardless of its weak engine.

I wonder if we don't have a proper track creator so that we can't try to replicate real tacks that PD won't or has yet to give us.

It would be interesting to test the two versions to see if they behave like they are supposed to in real life.  Then put custom suspensions on them with the same settings to see if they behave exactly the same (as they should).

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1152 on: September 23, 2012, 10:09:02 AM »

It would be interesting to test the two versions to see if they behave like they are supposed to in real life.  Then put custom suspensions on them with the same settings to see if they behave exactly the same (as they should).

I'm thinking the same thing.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1153 on: September 25, 2012, 08:16:46 AM »

True, but it's my understanding that the only difference between multiples of the same car are liveries.  So IMO there aren't really "that" may GT500 cars.  This Honda is an entirely different vehicle.

PSN ID = dawson864

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1154 on: September 25, 2012, 08:49:13 AM »

Update 2.08 is ready for updating. Get it while it's hot.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 117   Go Up