SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 01:47:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141592 times)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #1155 on: September 25, 2012, 08:49:31 AM »

With umpteen GT500 cars in the game, I can't say I'm that interested in the new Honda, but might get it for something (a bit) new and different. I'm not touching the GT-R. If people speak favourably of the Subaru, I might get it, just for it's better stock settings than the 'Toyota' versions, which have horrendous stock suspension setups, as do their suspension upgrade defaults. I would then dispose of (most of ) my Toyota/Scion versions. This car (or these three cars, however you call it) is one of my favorites, regardless of its weak engine.

I wonder if we don't have a proper track creator so that we can't try to replicate real tacks that PD won't or has yet to give us.

True, but it's my understanding that the only difference between multiples of the same car are liveries.  So IMO there aren't really "that" may GT500 cars.  This Honda is an entirely different vehicle.

There are minor differences between the different year cars I'm sure (other than teams/sponsors), and have reliable info that all NSX's are not created equally. If this was an NSX-GTR-SC430-Fairlady, no way I'd touch it. The fact that it's a completely new to GT car makes it slightly interesting...but it's still a GT500 car.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 08:51:03 AM by Turbo-Tuna »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1156 on: September 25, 2012, 10:11:27 AM »

Now possible to select “Disable collisions” in the [Event Settings] of online races.
ID’s are now shown above cars when watching online races.
Response of the clutch pedal when using the steering wheel controllers “G25 Racing Wheel”, “G27 Racing Wheel”, “T500RS” and “TH8RS” has been adjusted.
Rate of tire wear in endurance races has been slowed (excluding formula cars).
Amount of air resistance change when altering aerodynamic wing settings has been increased.
Autopilot has been adjusted to prevent colliding with the wall when exiting the pit lane on the Tsukuba circuit.
Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height. (Vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit.)

So by endurance races, they meant all.

The disable collisions can be a good thing to use once in a while.

I'm curious to test ride height and and aero downforce adjustments.  

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1157 on: September 25, 2012, 10:33:38 AM »

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1158 on: September 25, 2012, 11:01:55 AM »

Now possible to select “Disable collisions” in the [Event Settings] of online races.
Response of the clutch pedal when using the steering wheel controllers “G25 Racing Wheel”, “G27 Racing Wheel”, “T500RS” and “TH8RS” has been adjusted.
Amount of air resistance change when altering aerodynamic wing settings has been increased.
Autopilot has been adjusted to prevent colliding with the wall when exiting the pit lane on the Tsukuba circuit.
Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height. (Vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit.)

Disable collisions...is that like ghosting back in Prologue?

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1159 on: September 25, 2012, 11:19:46 AM »

Yes

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1160 on: September 25, 2012, 11:49:33 AM »

Yes

Where's the fun in that?   :laugh

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1161 on: September 25, 2012, 12:01:44 PM »

With umpteen GT500 cars in the game, I can't say I'm that interested in the new Honda, but might get it for something (a bit) new and different. I'm not touching the GT-R. If people speak favourably of the Subaru, I might get it, just for it's better stock settings than the 'Toyota' versions, which have horrendous stock suspension setups, as do their suspension upgrade defaults. I would then dispose of (most of ) my Toyota/Scion versions. This car (or these three cars, however you call it) is one of my favorites, regardless of its weak engine.

I wonder if we don't have a proper track creator so that we can't try to replicate real tacks that PD won't or has yet to give us.

True, but it's my understanding that the only difference between multiples of the same car are liveries.  So IMO there aren't really "that" may GT500 cars.  This Honda is an entirely different vehicle.

There are minor differences between the different year cars I'm sure (other than teams/sponsors), and have reliable info that all NSX's are not created equally. If this was an NSX-GTR-SC430-Fairlady, no way I'd touch it. The fact that it's a completely new to GT car makes it slightly interesting...but it's still a GT500 car.

Interesting.  Didn't know that Turbo, thanks!

PSN ID = dawson864

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1162 on: September 25, 2012, 01:04:41 PM »

It would be interesting to test the two versions to see if they behave like they are supposed to in real life.  Then put custom suspensions on them with the same settings to see if they behave exactly the same (as they should).

I'm thinking the same thing.

I did some of this testing back a year or more ago to try and understand what the suspension setting numbers  actually mean, and came to the conclusion that numbers change their meanings when you swap suspension types.

similar to how the default ride height is different when you swap suspensions, I would not count on being able to use identical settings between the ride-height adjustable and fully adjustable and get identical results.  The former will be higher by default (RH).

I mostly noticed this when trying to do a real life recreation of my first Evo 8 IRL.  I looked up spring rate numbers and tried to implement them in the game with inconsistent outcomes.  I did this because PD does not use the same numbers used by the manufactuerers of the springs.  1kg here in the spring rate did not necessarily translate to 1kg there.

A few of us concluded that it had more to do with PD trying to mimick other things going on in the car's setup, by using the spring rates to do it.

The result is a car that "Feels" like the real car more often than not, but used different figures to represent it.

For those interested, it seemed like for the rear suspension of the evo, the rear struts were angled in a way that the model used in GT couldn't replicate with merely adding in the correct number.  they had to adjust the number to get it to match what the behavior of the real car is.

I had assumed that was what was happening with the  FR-S and those lookalikes, but when you balance out the spring rates it feels like a more drivable car to me, so I think I was wrong about that.  The stock settings on those cars are just wonky.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 01:08:57 PM by Ex-Xboxfan »

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1163 on: September 25, 2012, 01:07:03 PM »

Even if you don't buy the DLC you can at least look at the car and read the description info, the Honda HSV GT500 car doesn't look bad.  It's different looking enough from the NSX to probably be worth getting (kind of looks a bit like the HSC Concept car we have in game), the GT-R is basically nothing more than an N24 Shulze GT-R clone with slighty more power and a different paint colour (was dark blue or purple or something instead of that carbon / black).  

The description info for Subaru BRZ was interesting though (especially for you Turbo), it says that while the Subaru and Toyota versions look largely the same there are a few minor styling differences however on the road they behave quite differently!  The Subaru is much better in the corners and overall a smoother ride suggesting it was designed for the more "mature driver", where as the Toyota is much more tail happy and will slide through corners quite easily!

Now that's not quite an exact "word for word" match to the in-game text but it is pretty close (it does specifically mention handling, corners and such).  I was originally going to avoid another Toyota / Scion clone car but if the description is accurate it might actually be worth picking up if you have an extra 99 cents in your PSN wallets.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1164 on: September 25, 2012, 01:15:11 PM »

well on the plus side of having cars available separately rather than in a pack.

(I may have said this first one before, but it bears repeating)

1nd, you give them real data about which cars you like best based on what you buy.  maybe you don't buy the car you like least of these three right away, even if you do intend to eventually buy it?  Maybe make THEM wait and tell them "SOON"? lol

2rd, if a previous purchase thruogh PSN store resulted in a small amount of cash left over, and like me, you loathe the idea of buying a special icon or stupid outfit for Home or something useless, you now have something a little more "real" to buy with that dollar just sitting there collection dust and giving SONY the ability to invest that dollar while it sits there.

and another thing not related to those first two... does anyone think maybe they keep changing the tire model just to keep us playing so we have something to beta test for them?  I'm starting to believe so.  Then they get to report to their investors and parent company that "X number of players are still playing GT5". oh and most importnatly, those paying for new billboards to be placed in the game with their logo on it!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1165 on: September 25, 2012, 03:01:13 PM »

People complained about tires. PD tweaks tires. People complained about tweaked tires. PD tweaks tires some more.

Some people wanted total reality when it can never happen. We really just need something that works for this video game.

If they can tweak tires and fuel so we can compete with each other on different strategies that would be awesome. 

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1166 on: September 25, 2012, 03:05:28 PM »

People complained about tires. PD tweaks tires. People complained about tweaked tires. PD tweaks tires some more.

Some people wanted total reality when it can never happen. We really just need something that works for this video game.

If they can tweak tires and fuel so we can compete with each other on different strategies that would be awesome. 

I haven't been online in like 3 weeks, so my opinion is somewhat meaningless, but here goes.  I'll be happy with the longer lasting tires unless I still suck.  Then I'll blame PD for something else.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1167 on: September 25, 2012, 03:16:43 PM »

(For GT5 purposes) Once you equip the fully adjustable suspension, the cars will be for all intents and purposes the same...or at least they should be once you make a few adjustments.

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1168 on: September 25, 2012, 07:07:24 PM »

How can PD keep screwing up the sounds of race cars? The real HSV-10 sounds awesome going around Suzuka, but the PD version sounds crappy! >:(

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1169 on: September 25, 2012, 07:11:12 PM »

How can PD keep screwing up the sounds of race cars? The real HSV-10 sounds awesome going around Suzuka, but the PD version sounds crappy! >:(

P.S. I don't want to here you just need 5.1 or 7.1 surround system either! Not everyone can afford a sound system like that! Rant done!
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 117   Go Up