SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 01:57:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141610 times)

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #1170 on: September 25, 2012, 08:00:14 PM »

How can PD keep screwing up the sounds of race cars? The real HSV-10 sounds awesome going around Suzuka, but the PD version sounds crappy! >:(

Because Awesome:
HONDA HSV-010 GT 鈴鹿TEST

Also, did anyone else's update take FOREVER to download? Geesh, 227MB says it'll take 209 minutes. LOL.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #1171 on: September 25, 2012, 08:03:50 PM »

^ One of the best sounding cars ever? Yes, maybe.

Be sure to watch at the 5:00 mark where they film in the hairpin. It's orgasmic.

Is there a smiley face icon for a smiley face busting a nut?  8)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1172 on: September 25, 2012, 09:19:05 PM »

It's probably just me but it kinda sounds like an old (or maybe I mean odd?) F1 car in that video :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #1173 on: September 26, 2012, 05:59:12 AM »

It's probably just me but it kinda sounds like an old (or maybe I mean odd?) F1 car in that video :).

:stoopid:

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1174 on: September 26, 2012, 06:12:16 AM »

I havent been online, but reading the official PD explanation of the new tire wear ....

Isnt that just for endurance races IE: A-Spec and B-Spec?

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #1175 on: September 26, 2012, 06:40:36 AM »

I havent been online, but reading the official PD explanation of the new tire wear ....

Isnt that just for endurance races IE: A-Spec and B-Spec?

That is the assumption I am going on.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1176 on: September 26, 2012, 07:38:22 AM »

That is my assumption as well, but another forum put up some stats @ Daytona with Nascars and they were getting 30 laps on softs.  More testing, but maybe there is a lap cutoff .... whereas anything less than, say, 10 laps, and its the old high-wear model.  Over 10, its considered endurance, and new model is in effect.  Just shooting from the hip on that one ....

Its also mentioned that draft is functioning in free run mode

I guess I need to get online ....  8)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1177 on: September 26, 2012, 08:13:38 AM »

(For GT5 purposes) Once you equip the fully adjustable suspension, the cars will be for all intents and purposes the same...or at least they should be once you make a few adjustments.

I may be misunderstanding, but I think you've missed the part where I tested this and the ride height is most definitely chnaged when you put on a fully adj susp.  exactly how much lower it goes is not obvious so the setting you'd need to input would not always be the same for every car.  It even lowers between the three stages of suspension upgrades.

Sports suspension lowers a little
Ride-Height Adj lowers a little more (default settings)
ANd fully adjustable lowers a even more (default settings)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1178 on: September 26, 2012, 08:17:46 AM »

That is my assumption as well, but another forum put up some stats @ Daytona with Nascars and they were getting 30 laps on softs.  More testing, but maybe there is a lap cutoff .... whereas anything less than, say, 10 laps, and its the old high-wear model.  Over 10, its considered endurance, and new model is in effect.  Just shooting from the hip on that one ....

Apparently it is certain tracks or certain race lengths that are causing the tire wear to go into "endurance" mode rather than making tire wear act the same all the time.

lap count or track choice could affect tire wear, which royally sucks as a band-aid solution IMO.

<<As for the sound issues with the cars, I agree they don't sound as good as real life, but if you go into the options and set your Audio Settings to "small theater" or "large theater" it will help make it better.  The dynamic range by default is very flat and uninteresting.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1179 on: September 26, 2012, 08:50:01 AM »

(For GT5 purposes) Once you equip the fully adjustable suspension, the cars will be for all intents and purposes the same...or at least they should be once you make a few adjustments.

I may be misunderstanding, but I think you've missed the part where I tested this and the ride height is most definitely chnaged when you put on a fully adj susp.  exactly how much lower it goes is not obvious so the setting you'd need to input would not always be the same for every car.  It even lowers between the three stages of suspension upgrades.

Sports suspension lowers a little
Ride-Height Adj lowers a little more (default settings)
ANd fully adjustable lowers a even more (default settings)

Not sure I understand this.  If you take two cars that have identical chassis but different suspensions, then rip out the suspensions of both cars and put custom ones in, then set both to have the exact same settings, both cars should perform exactly the same.  If the suspension number still mean different things, then the suspension system in GT is a pretty bad hack.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1180 on: September 26, 2012, 09:09:55 AM »

If you take two cars that have identical chassis but different suspensions, then rip out the suspensions of both cars and put custom ones in, then set both to have the exact same settings, both cars should perform exactly the same.  If the suspension number still mean different things, then the suspension system in GT is a pretty bad hack.

Ah, the word 'should'. I use it, you use it. When will we learn? It implies the consistent application of logic/intelligence, which is clearly lacking.

This seems to be increasingly the case.

The funny thing about all of this is that I read that the Subaru has the same suspension setup as the other two. (from GTP)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1181 on: September 26, 2012, 09:14:23 AM »

Apparently it is certain tracks or certain race lengths that are causing the tire wear to go into "endurance" mode rather than making tire wear act the same all the time.

lap count or track choice could affect tire wear, which royally sucks as a band-aid solution IMO.

<<As for the sound issues with the cars, I agree they don't sound as good as real life, but if you go into the options and set your Audio Settings to "small theater" or "large theater" it will help make it better.  The dynamic range by default is very flat and uninteresting.

Has this been confirmed?  Different physics for different lap counts?  PD really has jumped the shark.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1182 on: September 26, 2012, 09:29:10 AM »

:stoopid:

Does anyone have the BRZ? If so can you tell me the stock suspension settings or review the car's handling on a track with camber/bumps (HSR/Deep Forest/Spa's first sector) Give me something :-\

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1183 on: September 26, 2012, 09:29:53 AM »

With all the different racing options available to us now, I've been wondering if the GT series is coming to an end.  I thought 6 might be the last one, but if they've jumped the shark we may never see 6.  

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1184 on: September 26, 2012, 09:30:04 AM »

I certainly cant confim it, but others seem to have.

If in fact the draft has been enabled in online free run, then I wont like it much.  Always fun to see who's getting around the track the quickest, before the START button is mashed.  Adding the draft will skew those results and placement in the pecking order list.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 117   Go Up