SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 12:46:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141439 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #1185 on: September 26, 2012, 09:38:06 AM »

Testing last night at DRC and DSS tire wear is way extended. It did not matter how many laps a race was set for. The draft is on in free run. For Q you could Disable draft and run a 3 lap race with grid order determined by finish order.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1186 on: September 26, 2012, 09:55:31 AM »

I kind of like the idea of draft in free run. It. Would make qualifying a bit more interesting. It would be nice to be able to disable it though.

Rick, I expect to see 6, but like I said, if a good game comes to PS, 6 could be the end. GT gets sales because it's on PS, another option could change things.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1187 on: September 26, 2012, 09:56:24 AM »

:stoopid:

Does anyone have the BRZ? If so can you tell me the stock suspension settings or review the car's handling on a track with camber/bumps (HSR/Deep Forest/Spa's first sector) Give me something :-\

I found this for you Turbo..

"I drove the BR-Z and FR-S back to back at Nurb, Tsukuba, Grand Valley and Trial Mountain, both stock. The handling is identical, as were my lap times. The only difference between these cars in GT5 are looks and engine note."

.. taken from a GT Planet thread, sadly it looks like it's just another almost identical twin.  It's really a shame because the in-game description makes it sound so promising :(.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1188 on: September 26, 2012, 10:06:56 AM »

I read that and on the next pages someone directly contradicts him in a quote. Bickering idiots. I was going to ask there as some seem to have it, but asking here is better. More intelligence.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1189 on: September 26, 2012, 10:08:38 AM »

I meant to say Disable Collisions not Disable draft. Thanks

hey I found a person at the planet stating the car handles different. 

Quote from: Doog;7650449
It really does handle differently. It's different enough to warrant the 1 dollar they charge for it. Compared to the Toyota twins, the BRZ is much more neutral, and I've yet to find any under or oversteer. It's very grippy on standard Sports Hards, but it's still fun to drive. It's an interesting contrast to the Toyotas.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7650449#post7650449

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1190 on: September 26, 2012, 10:20:43 AM »

.. but asking here is better. More intelligence.

And I've decided the only intelligent thing to do is look for myself :), when I get the PS3 on today I'll check my PSN wallet, I'm pretty sure I've got at least $1.98 left in it which should cover the Honda and Subaru.  Once I get it I'll post all the suspension default settings for the BZR and the Scion / Toyota, Turbo, that way we'll know for sure :D.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1191 on: September 26, 2012, 10:32:08 AM »

I think I emptied my wallet on some cheesy western shooter/adventure game.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1192 on: September 26, 2012, 10:38:05 AM »

The draft is on in free run.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1193 on: September 26, 2012, 10:46:12 AM »

The only thing that makes sense is your times in free run should be similar to race conditions???

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1194 on: September 26, 2012, 10:51:54 AM »

I hear if you Disable Collisions then there is no draft.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1195 on: September 26, 2012, 10:52:02 AM »

PD is so frustrating a company to deal with because they do so many things so incredibly well but also do so many things so poorly.  Take the day night transitions.  I'm sure that pCars technically does a better job with the change in lighting and angle of shadows but GT really captures the right colour.  It looks fabulous when you are running around La Sarthe at night and the sun starts coming out in the morning.  But they can't even put out regular DLC updates.  People are slowly catching on but GT is so popular that it's going to take a long time for GT to die completely.

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1196 on: September 26, 2012, 11:03:26 AM »

@ Ex-Xboxfan

Tried all three settings and it still sounds crappy! I use a PC sound system(Klipsch 2.1)for my game room. It sounds great for movies and other games i play. Kaz and PD has had five games to work on getting the sound close! If the sound on GT6 is not greatly improved it will be the last Gran Turismo game for me.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1197 on: September 26, 2012, 11:14:16 AM »

I hear if you Disable Collisions then there is no draft.

Ah, I didn't catch that part.  That's not so bad then.  Sorry for the confusion.  :)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1198 on: September 26, 2012, 11:36:40 AM »

@ Ex-Xboxfan

Tried all three settings and it still sounds crappy! I use a PC sound system(Klipsch 2.1)for my game room. It sounds great for movies and other games i play. Kaz and PD has had five games to work on getting the sound close! If the sound on GT6 is not greatly improved it will be the last Gran Turismo game for me.

I have those for my pc. Nice speakers.

For GT5 gooder sound I think you need to get a surround receiver that does DTS. They are not that much money anymore and sound great for movies.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1199 on: September 26, 2012, 12:54:50 PM »

I may be misunderstanding, but I think you've missed the part where I tested this and the ride height is most definitely chnaged when you put on a fully adj susp.  exactly how much lower it goes is not obvious so the setting you'd need to input would not always be the same for every car.  It even lowers between the three stages of suspension upgrades.

Sports suspension lowers a little
Ride-Height Adj lowers a little more (default settings)
ANd fully adjustable lowers a even more (default settings)

Not sure I understand this.  If you take two cars that have identical chassis but different suspensions, then rip out the suspensions of both cars and put custom ones in, then set both to have the exact same settings, both cars should perform exactly the same.  If the suspension number still mean different things, then the suspension system in GT is a pretty bad hack.

I was talking about same exact car, not two supposedly different cars like these "toyotas".

If you take a 458 Italia, for instance (one of the cars I tested) and put the different suspensions on, the number "0" means a different thing for ride height on each suspension.  That's all I meant.

However, if you and Turbo are meaning to discuss whether the FR-S, 86-GT, and BR-Z using a racing suspension with the same settinsg would negate the inherent differences in the cars from the factory, I do not yet know this.

However, I can say that the numbers PD uses to allow you adjust are relative.  That is, relative to where the car began.  Especially ride height.  Lowering one car by -5/-5 might be slightly different than lowering another by the same amount.

What I've been able to glean from the knowledge of others, such as Dan_Zitions at the deathstar, is that it is best to first look at a car's inherent numbers in the stock suspension and then think about how you'd like to offset the natural tendencies of the car by adjusting some ratio betweein front/back etc.

if the FR-S's and its brothers have a spring rate of something like (off of memory) 7/4, and you really feel that you wantto even it out, nevermind the fact that when you add the adjustable suspension that it defaults at like 10/6 (if that's innacurate just try to see the illustration here) because it also defaults LOWER in height.

"ZERO" for ride height means something different for stock and for each stage of suspension you look at.  using a racing suspension and making it say +10/+10 RH doesn't mean you're going higher than stock.  In fact you're probably closer to stock in most cars.

"Zero" for spring rate really has no bearing on anything because you can't zero out a spring completely.  So the better term is "default" which because they notate it with kg's we should be able to figure that the same amount of force acting on the car in one trim vs another would mean the same thing.  However, it's not clear that the forces acting on each car in respect to how their suspension components are aligned with the car, SHOULD be the same.

If one car has it's rear struts angled at a -10 degree angle, and another model has -5, then the spring rates are not being utilized in quite the same manner, even if they are loaded with the same "tension".  Make sense?  And PD doesn't actually model that angle of the struts, as I concluded from my experiment with the game's Evo vs the real thing.  They appear to get a similar result by simply changing the tension on teh rear struts so that it mimics the behavior of a strut that is angled.

I know, it's really hard to wrap our heads around.  They need to explain things better, use mroe consistent terminology and figures to represent settings.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 117   Go Up