SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 12:10:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141352 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #1230 on: October 03, 2012, 12:27:11 PM »

ahh... gotcha.  I thought it was new.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1231 on: October 03, 2012, 12:31:03 PM »

Excerpt from some planet news.

The game will be running at “4K resolution”, the new video standard which touts four times the 1920×1080 resolution of current HDTVs, and is powered by four PlayStation 3 consoles.

I'm only partially sure of what this means.  Other than improved video, does this fix anything? 

I think we'll see GT6, it will be a complete fiscal failure, and ultimately the end of the GT franchise.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1232 on: October 03, 2012, 12:46:42 PM »

Excerpt from some planet news.

The game will be running at “4K resolution”, the new video standard which touts four times the 1920×1080 resolution of current HDTVs, and is powered by four PlayStation 3 consoles.

I'm only partially sure of what this means.  Other than improved video, does this fix anything? 

I think we'll see GT6, it will be a complete fiscal failure, and ultimately the end of the GT franchise.

I don't think that Sony gets it.  PD has lost its vision and is unable to keep up with other games.  Sony wants to use the playstation and GT to drive hardware sales.  They were successful with blue-ray but appear to have lost pretty badly with 3D.  Now they want the new PS4 and GT to drive sales of 4K TVs.  I doubt that many people care about 4K.  Worse, I don't think that Sony have noticed that GT has lost much of its appeal and they might drive people to buy the next xbox instead of the next ps4.  If Sony concentrates on what its TV division wants and not on what its customers want, the next generation could be an unmitigated disaster for Sony.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1233 on: October 03, 2012, 01:06:29 PM »

PSN and myGT5 use the same cookie.  That's why you can't login to both with diff ids.

Each browser stores its own cookies, which is why you can do it from diff browsers.

But it is not an IE bug, you'd get the same behavior if you tried using diff ids on the two site from the same browser.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1234 on: October 03, 2012, 02:09:19 PM »

Oops.  :bong

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1235 on: October 03, 2012, 02:10:18 PM »

wll if the new console is significantly better-er enough then it could be fine.

but let's say this 4k resolution requiers 4x the amount of processing power (just a guess, and an uneducated one actually) then hopefully the PS4 will actually have more like 6 to 8 times more powerful so that it can not only display the higher resolution, but also give game devs the ability to do more with their games.  for PD that means making physics more complex and accurate (part of their inaccuracies have to do with workarounds to avoid using more processor time) and making everythign look better as in more polygons on cars and scenery.

So yes, unless SONY makes the PS4 many many times more powerful than the PS3, it may prove to be the end of GT because GT won't be able to grow to the degree it needs to.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1236 on: October 03, 2012, 02:15:32 PM »

wll if the new console is significantly better-er enough then it could be fine.

but let's say this 4k resolution requiers 4x the amount of processing power (just a guess, and an uneducated one actually) then hopefully the PS4 will actually have more like 6 to 8 times more powerful so that it can not only display the higher resolution, but also give game devs the ability to do more with their games.  for PD that means making physics more complex and accurate (part of their inaccuracies have to do with workarounds to avoid using more processor time) and making everythign look better as in more polygons on cars and scenery.

So yes, unless SONY makes the PS4 many many times more powerful than the PS3, it may prove to be the end of GT because GT won't be able to grow to the degree it needs to.

You smart guys are talking way over my head again.  So, to have some really kick ass experience I've got to spend money on a new TV and a new PS console to play a game I rarely play anymore?

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1237 on: October 03, 2012, 02:16:56 PM »

"4x more resolution than HD..."

We"d need new TV technology to display it.  Or will it ship with a new TV/monitor.  (Probably a 9 or 10 inch screen)

:lmao2

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1238 on: October 03, 2012, 02:21:15 PM »

Also also...

I wonder if this new resolution/TV will make Cable, DVDs, etc look like old 8-bit video games. (All pixelated and shit)

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1239 on: October 03, 2012, 02:23:38 PM »

When you guys are all playing on your new TVs and new consoles and all this other shit you're talking about that I don't understand, can I still hang out in here with you cool guys even though I run like 6 laps a month?

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1240 on: October 03, 2012, 02:25:04 PM »

But then I guess we could run 4 virtual screens and watch everything simultaneously.  Instead of PIP (picture in picture)  it would be PAPAPAP (picture and picture and picture and picture.)

Current PIP tech is really more of LPOP (little picture ON picture)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1241 on: October 03, 2012, 02:39:19 PM »

I'm not much smarter than anyone else, so sorry if I come across that way :D

but look at it like this:  if they make a new more powerful console, it erally won't look that much better without a better TV technology, and then people will wonder why they need to buy it.  If a game displays in 1080 and the TV does too, then the console is delivering one dot of graphics info for every dot the TV can display.

so why create a new console generation?  Of course, the remaining thing they could do without providing higher res images is to simply include more detail in the images.

a GT example would be more cars on the track, evne if the res doesn't change.  Instead of 16, we could have 32.

But then there's the issue of network infastructure allowing so many players to engage in racing together.

But just imagine like 32 Tuna going around the Nurburgring together?  That would be awesome!

Multi-class races would actually be interesting, as you'll have plenty of competitors for each class on the track at once.

But hopefully the new console allows higher resolution pictures AND the ability to add a lot of complexity to the games too!

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1242 on: October 03, 2012, 02:44:08 PM »

I'm not much smarter than anyone else, so sorry if I come across that way :D

but look at it like this:  if they make a new more powerful console, it erally won't look that much better without a better TV technology, and then people will wonder why they need to buy it.  If a game displays in 1080 and the TV does too, then the console is delivering one dot of graphics info for every dot the TV can display.

so why create a new console generation?  Of course, the remaining thing they could do without providing higher res images is to simply include more detail in the images.

a GT example would be more cars on the track, evne if the res doesn't change.  Instead of 16, we could have 32.

But then there's the issue of network infastructure allowing so many players to engage in racing together.

But just imagine like 32 Tuna going around the Nurburgring together?  That would be awesome!

Multi-class races would actually be interesting, as you'll have plenty of competitors for each class on the track at once.

But hopefully the new console allows higher resolution pictures AND the ability to add a lot of complexity to the games too!

I understand what you're saying about the 32 Tuna swimming around the track together, but how likely are you to find an event where 32 Tuna are willing to swim?  A few events before people start wanting more tracks and fewer Japanese cars?

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1243 on: October 03, 2012, 02:56:44 PM »

haha yes that's always a challenge.

participation seems pretty good for the open racing nights I've participated in lately, though.

with a new game, that can only grow.  there are a few of us new to STGT within the past year, including myself, so that should grow and those who leave will likely come back if GT6 is good.

I also meant to say earlier... that if new consoles are capable of displaying 4x resolution, it probably doesn't mean the console won't work with existing flatscreens.  It will probably be backwards compatible in that regard.

SONY wouldn't want to make console sales dependent on TV sales.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1244 on: October 03, 2012, 08:49:27 PM »

All this techno chat is above my head too.... got me thinking of an online Pong league to keep it simplerer   8)
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 117   Go Up