SupaTunaGT

• April 29, 2024, 05:13:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 117   Go Down

Author Topic: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.  (Read 141832 times)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: The Latest Latest GT5 Info Thread.
« Reply #1290 on: November 06, 2012, 09:12:23 AM »

Only the brilliant posts of Rick or Croonah can express how fucked up PD is. If anyone else feels slighted by that statement, now is your chance to step up and prove yourself. There's lots of ammo.

Grill, I was thinking the exact same thing. Really though, this isn't the proper fix. Lookout for the MR cars in shuffle racing. They were hard to handle before, as some have loose back ends. I bet they'll kick ass now. NSX will be dominant. Screw AWD.

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #1291 on: November 06, 2012, 09:29:14 AM »

NSX Dominant?!! KEWL! Can't Imagine just how well the NSX Proto Road car is going to handle - that's a plus, BUT.....

Well, not to let you down Turbo, I have the following comment for PD:

Thank you AGAIN for :fucking with the tires and physics....just when I started to get used to your last :Fucking change...you are complete MORONS!

Stop :fucking with the physics and get us some moar :fucking TRACKS and LESS :Fucking Skylines!
And who in hell CARES about the Weiner car's sound anyway?

There, How's that? ^-^   :laugh

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1292 on: November 06, 2012, 09:30:30 AM »

I wish GT5 would get a huge shot in the arm ... starting to lose its appeal after 2 years of the same old/same old.  I rarely do the Special Events any more either.  If it wasnt for youse tuna-guys here, I probably would have shelved it.

I'm really looking forward to Project Cars next year ... it looks really really cool.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1293 on: November 06, 2012, 09:36:48 AM »

I'm happy about this bit.

- The [Tire/Fuel Consumption] settings under [Event Settings] of the Online Lounge can now be set in four levels; "None", "Normal", "Fast", and "Very Fast".

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1294 on: November 06, 2012, 09:44:18 AM »

I'm happy about this bit.

- The [Tire/Fuel Consumption] settings under [Event Settings] of the Online Lounge can now be set in four levels; "None", "Normal", "Fast", and "Very Fast".

I've been wondering why this has taken two years to set up.  A lady in the office was talking about her iPhone 3 not being able to handle some of the latest Apple updates.  I mentioned to her that my 4S just recently had an update to 'fix' all the bugs from the previously recent update.  While I was talking to her I brought up PD because she remembers how excited I was when GT5 came out after over 5 years of waiting.  I explained to her how shocking it was to have continued updates to fix bugs when you've got 5 fucking years to get something right and still manage to create an abortion.

While I applaud PD for fixing some of these issues, I think some people should be unemployed that let the game get this far with the bugs in the first place.  Why there are different physics (control characteristics???) between online and offline?  Why did tires wear out in 5 laps previously?  Why does every tank hold the same amout of fuel?  Shit like that. 

I'm going for a jog.  I'll be back in about 25 minutes and after I shower I'll test drive the new update.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1296 on: November 06, 2012, 12:45:58 PM »

I think people are nuts.  I ran 18 laps in the Ford GT LM Race Car (or something like that) for the enduro that's at the end of the month.  I didn't notice any appreciable change in the way the car handled in the lounge I was in.  I also ran a few laps in the Viper, and same thing, no noticeable change in the physics. 

Offline physics might be different, but online seemed the same to me. 

JoshTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • STGT'S resident DRIFTER
« Reply #1297 on: November 06, 2012, 01:02:52 PM »

I think people are nuts.  I ran 18 laps in the Ford GT LM Race Car (or something like that) for the enduro that's at the end of the month.  I didn't notice any appreciable change in the way the car handled in the lounge I was in.  I also ran a few laps in the Viper, and same thing, no noticeable change in the physics. 

Offline physics might be different, but online seemed the same to me. 
offline pyshics are different cars are harder to handle offline since 2.09
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 02:52:17 PM by JoshTuna »
keep the racing HARD,FAST and CLEAN never hold back and always give it your best shot

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1298 on: November 06, 2012, 01:13:08 PM »

here we go...

I also did some testing. My testing was very different though. Rick was in nice powerful GT race cars, presumably at DRC, I only tested my TunaCup spec Scion FR-S at HSR. Most of DRC's real corners are pretty flat compared to HRS's two banked corners. Also, he was on race tires I was on Sport Soft.

240hp/1230kg/Aero=20. Height Adj Susp, default except spring rate...7.3/3.5

PHYSICS

My best lap in a 13 lap race (alone) was 1'17.191. The car was very stable, had absolutely no oversteer ANYWHERE on the track, even when I had tires on the curbs a bit in the fast corners. It actually had understeer with those settings in the banked corners. Very different from my testing before the TunaCup race.

So yeah, physics have changed. Not that oversteer is gone. I'm sure with a powerful engine, power oversteer can kill you still. But the 'speed-oversteer' in the FR-S is gone. I should give it a run at some other tough tracks too to see the full change.

TIRE WEAR

The above test was with race settings and Very Fast tire wear. my lap 12 was a full second slower than my lap 6 (fastest lap) and was getting worse on lap 13. 13 laps took 17 minutes.

As usual, my fronts were wearing faster, so I don't know what happens to handling when the rears get too bad.

I didn't notice fuel, I don't generally look at fuel.

That's all I have right now.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:16:01 PM by Turbo-Tuna »

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1299 on: November 06, 2012, 01:56:19 PM »

More test results. Not very different than above.

Same FR-S at Deep Forest had no problems. I even set the Height Adj Suspension to full default (9.0/3.0) and had no oversteer and better lap times than previous online tests (pre 2.09). At Spa, there was one corner that seemed to have a little lift off oversteer. The third corner (a right turn) in the twisties at the top of the big hill climb. Going into and up that hill (Rouge) had zero drama - perfectly stable.

I also grabbed the Zonda R - that Premium beast - which had a tune on it. At HSR, there were a few spots with oversteer, but not the usual spots. I think it was two times: when the back end is light and I was too hard on the throttle, and braking-lift off as I turn in. I went to Spa and had the same problem at the corner mentioned above. Otherwise, it was easier to drive than before. A bit more planted, especially in banked/bumpy corners.

So what has changed? I think...
more understeer
more suspension stability in banked/bumpy corners
more twitchy/oversteer under braking-liftoff (I'm not 100% sure about this, but it seems like it's true)

What hasn't changed...a beastly race car (especially mid engine) will still kill you if you floor it at the wrong time.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1300 on: November 06, 2012, 02:00:56 PM »

Death by beastly race car. Oh joy.

JoshTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • STGT'S resident DRIFTER
« Reply #1301 on: November 06, 2012, 02:53:39 PM »

i also did some testing offline and it seems the physics of the offline are very similar to online now!!!!
keep the racing HARD,FAST and CLEAN never hold back and always give it your best shot

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1302 on: November 06, 2012, 03:08:03 PM »

turbo, I think you feel that when some of us jump to correct what seems liek a misunderstanding that we may be defending the stupid things that PD does do.  that's not the case w/ me... but I would point out that you believed GT Planet's (only a few articles and posters there are knowledgable, while most are just comments from the peanut gallery and people bickering) assessment of what has changed and jumped to some critical conclusions about what PD should and should not be doing, as if the assessment was correct.

But if I'm reading your testing results correctly, the situation is much different than what those posters said, right?

So what I really think matters is whether the change was a positive one.  What do you think about the direction this physics or "control characteristics" change has been?

Positive or negative?

BTW, I don't care either way whether someone criticises PD or this game.  I just want it to be insightful and accurate criticism.

And to those who wnat mroe tracks, I have a really good one shared right now.  I think we can start to look at custom tracks and sharing those that are the most like real tracks etc... that could be a good way to give the game some new life.

I know, many say that the custom tracks are crap, but I challenge anyone... download *Bleep*Pit from my account and tell me it sucks.  You won't offend me... I just doubt you'll htink it sucks :D  Several fun races have already taken place there with only one person in a race complaining that they had to learn a track in the lounge.

If you like it, share it and pass it on!

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1303 on: November 06, 2012, 04:07:21 PM »

If I remember, I'll check out that track.

I read stuff from the planet and thought...oh oh...it's gone to shit. My testing indicates that it has not gone to shit, but it has significantly changed mainly one aspect - Suspension response to those changes in track surface in corners. I don't have much time with it, but the update has made that more manageable. Like I said power over steer still exists,  so they haven't made it a pure arcade game like some suggest, but excess speed in those tricky corners won't cause wild over steer anymore...instead it's under steer.

I don't know if it's good or bad. It's easier to drive near limits in some corners with some cars...for fun racing that's good. I'm not sure if it's realistic or not. If you take an NSX (real life) to Nordschleife do you have to tip toe through the carrousel? In the game you did. I kind of thought that was annoying. I bet it's a lot easier now.

I have no idea if I actually have a point to this post. But that may clarify some of my thoughts/comments here.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1304 on: November 06, 2012, 04:11:13 PM »

More about over steer...I didn't notice a big change overall. In the esses at HSR and most corners at Spa, very little change, if any. It was mostly those tricky corners with bumps, a lot of camber, or change in camber where the differences appeared, I think.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 117   Go Up