• April 30, 2024, 11:38:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 155   Go Down

Author Topic: Seasonal Events  (Read 176853 times)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
Re: Seasonal Events
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2011, 03:48:10 PM »

I find them fun in under-powered cars...   I find a POS and tune it a little.  Never go above their low pp limit when doing this and stay with the same tires they run and the AI seems to step up their game  (actually I think it just levels the playing field).

:stoopid:

This is what I do on this account. The Diahatsu Midget I used in the truck races would attest to that. On the other hand, I blow thru them on my alt ID with a dominate car, to just get the cash and xp.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2011, 03:58:14 PM »

Are these even worth doing anymore? 

I haven't done any since they stopped giving out boatloads of cash/xp.

Also I just don't have the patience it takes to try to figure out how to make them challenging.

This^

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2011, 04:17:25 PM »

Are these even worth doing anymore? 

I haven't done any since they stopped giving out boatloads of cash/xp.

Also I just don't have the patience it takes to try to figure out how to make them challenging.

Ditto. I'd rather be racing you guys.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2011, 08:31:30 PM »

I'm finding the most recent Supercars one to be somewhat challenging, I'm not really that great with most cars that powerful though and sometimes the lead they give the first place car seems a tad excessive especially if you get the "wrong field".  One time I got stuck with a Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car at the front of the pack that I just couldn't catch, mostly due to crappy driving on my part but it was still a good way ahead of the other AI cars by the end of the race.
This is one thing that PD needs to get a handle on. Having only one AI give any sort of real challenge and all of the others acting just as moving roadblocks isn't all that much fun or realistic.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2011, 08:34:29 PM »

How would you change this?

What kind of control would you like to have or what offerings from GT would you like to have?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2011, 08:43:47 PM »

What kind of control would you like to have or what offerings from GT would you like to have?

I think a good start would be a difficulty setting.  Easy, Intermediate, Hard would probably be good enough but a difficulty slider, with increments of 5 or 10 would be even better.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2011, 06:41:22 AM »

I've tried a few of these using a controller, and they're not so easy at 580PP on sport soft tires. (I might have better luck with my wheel) I was using a Z06 '06(?) and 430 Scuderia, both well tuned, I think. At Trail Mountain an R390 Road Car started in pole...I need a better car. It's basically an effing race car.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2011, 07:20:33 AM »

I've tried a few of these using a controller, and they're not so easy at 580PP on sport soft tires. (I might have better luck with my wheel) I was using a Z06 '06(?) and 430 Scuderia, both well tuned, I think. At Trail Mountain an R390 Road Car started in pole...I need a better car. It's basically an effing race car.

I've managed to beat most of them with a controller and a not too overpowered car but I haven't tried Sports: Soft yet, most of my wins have been on Racing: Hard tires but at least around the same PP range of the AI cars.  The biggest thing I dislike especially with the Supercar Seasonal is the starting gap, for some reason it seems that much worse with such high powered cars especially so when you get something stupid like that R390 Road Car up at the front right at the start of the race.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2011, 08:36:33 AM »

I used my gt300 car with this seasons settings. It made it interesting.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2011, 08:48:23 AM »

I think a good start would be a difficulty setting.  Easy, Intermediate, Hard would probably be good enough but a difficulty slider, with increments of 5 or 10 would be even better.

I had no problem with how they used to be when they were restricted.  Bronze is easy difficulty, silver intermediate and gold hard.

The problem with the experience points is due to PD's crazy xp ladder.  If you give xp with higher level players in mind, the points will be too high for lower levels.  If you give xp with lower levels in mind, the xp for people at higher levels is useless.

TunaRag

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Albacore Tuna
  • Sloganizing since 2006
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2011, 09:23:18 AM »

Seriously, I drove a Challanger R/T RM with a controller at Tsukuba and finished first... The damn thing barely turns!!

I'm going in with my M3 next. Probably have to detune it too, to match the competition. Despite it's serious lack of front downforce.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2011, 10:17:45 AM »

To clarify, I would like to see a difficulty setting for the whole game, not just the Seasonal Events.  A-Spec, Seasonals, Special Events, etc.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2011, 10:47:24 AM »

I'd love to see a return of the Event Generator from GT2 but with new and improved features including creating various length championship event of varying track / lap numbers that can be saved and rerun but offline AND online!

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2011, 10:56:54 AM »

I would like women with bouncing bOObs...  And a Kia Clarus for my friend InfiniTuna (who's been absent round here for about a week now :wtf)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2011, 10:58:29 AM »

I think the way they use to do the Seasonals in the beginning was the best way. They had restrictions you had to conform to, which made for a very good challenge, and the pay out was awesome. Then a week later when a new event was out, they lifted the restrictions on the old one. I liked that, because some of them were so difficult, I couldn't win them with the restrictions on. The best of both worlds, challenging racing, and big money, ...uh credits.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 155   Go Up