• April 29, 2024, 08:42:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Linked Events

• 07/15 - Tarmac Rally: July 15, 2011
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: July 15 - Tarmac Rally - Time Based Race Series  (Read 970 times)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
July 15 - Tarmac Rally - Time Based Race Series
« on: July 14, 2011, 05:12:26 PM »

When: Friday, July 15st, 2011
Showtimes: 9:30 pm (Eastern)
Where: Undriven custom tracks, I have 7
Cars:  Any race/rally/tuner car that is stock under 350hp and meets specs
Power limit: 325hp
Weight Limit: 1200kg
Tires: Racing Soft (exception: Racing Hard for GT300 cars)
Lap Count: 1
Number of Races: 5 - 7 (45 minute real time limit on timed event)

Each race will basically be its own regular race, but the overall standings are based on finish time. Laps will probably be 3-4 minutes, with enough delay at the end for everyone to finish their 1 lap. Grid position will be handled through voice/typed directions before the start of each race. I'll probably give time before the first race for guys to set up cars (HSR or an easy custom track), and guys can also make adjustments while I tally times after each race - before I change tracks.

Also, I'll probably be online for more than the specific event time. Drop by if you you want to run some custom tracks. Only the specific event races will be those long 1 lap runs. If there are low numbers present I may skip the specific event and just run custom tracks/low power cars/~10 minue races. (friend request STVM_TurboTuna if needed)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 12:55:30 PM by CharlieTuna »

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
Re: July 15 - Tarmac Rally - Tima Based Race Series
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 05:43:56 PM »

Might I suggest this rally car...

It even has tarmac in the name.  :)

I'm sure you already know this, but you can have the game generate a track for you in the lounge, which would assure nobody has seen it.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 05:50:16 PM »

Interesting idea, if I'm understanding right it'd be something similar to the rally races in the Special Events section.. staggered start with each person leaving the grid one by one maybe 5-10 seconds apart, but given we'd all start the timer at once you'd take X seconds off the final times depending on when each person leaves?

Car wise how about any rally / low powered race car that can make 1200kg / 325hp that can take dirt / snow tires but running on Racing: Hards for tarmac?  That would sort of cover 2 of the possibilities you mentioned in one :), for street cars it might be worth specifying a type of car or maybe an age range or something (like pre-1975 japanese cars or 4WD only or something).

I really don't mind what cars are allowed though, I'll try anything at least once :D.

Addendum - I just remembered the two older rally cars, the '74 Mitsubishi Lancer and '69 Nissan Bluebird rally cars.. they're awesome little cars if you don't mind the lower power!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:53:53 PM by Feldynn »

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 06:06:02 PM »

Might I suggest this rally car...

It even has tarmac in the name.  :)

I'm sure you already know this, but you can have the game generate a track for you in the lounge, which would assure nobody has seen it.

Rally cars could be fun. The game generating a track Could work, but my own personal preference is getting in the way here. Lobby generated tracks have uncontrollable variable track width, which can be very narrow in parts. I try to avoid that.

Car wise how about any rally / low powered race car that can make 1200kg / 325hp that can take dirt / snow tires but running on Racing: Hards for tarmac?  That would sort of cover 2 of the possibilities you mentioned in one :), for street cars it might be worth specifying a type of car or maybe an age range or something (like pre-1975 japanese cars or 4WD only or something).

Everyone will be starting the race together - it won't be a proper rally really. This way is easier to administer and we get to run together, instead of separately.

If I invite rally cars, I'll probably invite any ~300hp race or rally car that meets specs. I'm not concerned if the race car can use dirt tires - I'm not going for proper rally, I'm going for fun 'rally'. As far as limiting street cars, I just couldn't be bothered that much (other than perhaps asking for stock hp has to be under 350)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: July 15 - Tarmac Rally - Time Based Race Series
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 09:47:52 AM »

OK, I'll put this up for cars/spec/tire...

Cars: Any race/rally/tuner car that is stock under 350hp and meets specs
hp: 325
kg: 1200
tire: Racing Soft (exception: Racing Hard for GT300 cars)

I'll probably be running an S2000 of some sort - maybe the Amuse S2000 R1. No sign up needed.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:55:36 AM by TurboTuna »

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 10:59:34 AM »

Ooh interesting, I hadn't even thought about Tuner cars!  Though that now means I've got a helluva task now choosing what to bring :P lol.. quick question, are we allowed to use multiple cars or would you prefer we pick one to use and stick with it, at least for all the timed events?

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 11:36:57 AM »

Ooh interesting, I hadn't even thought about Tuner cars!  Though that now means I've got a helluva task now choosing what to bring :P lol.. quick question, are we allowed to use multiple cars or would you prefer we pick one to use and stick with it, at least for all the timed events?

Sure you can change. Run as many cars as you like. For the timed event though, test time will be limited and on the track we just finished.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »

Good times, Turbo.  Thanks for putting it together.  Wish I could have made it out sooner.  :)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 11:04:50 PM »

Good times, Turbo.  Thanks for putting it together. 

I concur

I liked that setup, nobody knew what was coming, and it made for some really fun races.

Thanks Turbo, and all attendees.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 12:25:18 AM »

Great event Turbo!  And echoing the sentiments of those above me, thankyou for organising it and thanks to everyone that was there.  It was really cool seeing us all with rally cars and the completely unknown tracks really did make for some sweet racing, we all knew there was going to be a blind corner just over the crest of the hill but we all still missed it numerous times and the addition of rain was just hilarious :).

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 07:42:52 AM »

Definitely good times. Great driving by everyone. Thanks for playing along guys. Good tracks, good cars, good company. The fact that I was recording times was almost irrelevant, and it seemed that Eggs didn't know it was planned until after it started. I did record total times for 6 races. Here are the standings in the end...

Total Time     Driver
16'45.895       Eggs
16'48.744       Rylvir
16'51.738       Feldynn
17'19.669       Turbo
17'24.603       Chrome

Dude and Wiz also came out for a bunch of races, but not all 6, so they're not listed. It was a lot of fun and something I'd like to do again. If so, I won't spend time doing subtotals for the grids, it kills time and isn't necessary for this kind of event. It would result in more racing for the time too.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 12:43:46 PM »

Dude and Wiz also came out for a bunch of races, but not all 6, so they're not listed.

Yeah I knew I was going to be late and I didn't want to get in anyones way that was there from the beginning.  It's why I chose to run the old Pajero.  I figured it wouldn't be as quick as the others and I'd be in the back.  That plan didn't work exactly how I thought it would.  The Pajero was surprisingly quick off the line and for the first half of each lap, I found myself in the thick of things.

Then disaster would strike...

Goos times, Turbo.  I'd definitely be interested in doing that again.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up