• May 17, 2024, 06:07:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Linked Events

• Sports Car Series - Race #3: February 08, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #4: February 22, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #5: March 07, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #6: March 21, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #7: April 04, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #8: April 18, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #9: May 02, 2012
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Japanese 90s Sports Car Series! - COMPLETED  (Read 16996 times)

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
Re: 2012 Japanese 90s Sports Car Series!
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2012, 08:42:53 AM »

There will always be a gap between those in front and those in back. Everyone just needs to know the correct protocol if you are about to be lapped etc. Practice or not. Unless ,of course, you are not able to keep your car in a straight line. Then, you shouldn't be racing others ;) yet.
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Brindle

« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2012, 09:07:16 AM »

reverse was better than normal order because the pre-race/test race was so chaotic that I never got a clean lap in without being punted...  starting in 7th when fried would be 1st would have not been fair because I had the fastest lap on the course.  At least with reverse order the fast guys had to battle through the same situations...

That is actually incorrect.  I started on pole for the test race with a 29.4

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2012, 09:17:09 AM »

I don't mind doing it more frequently.

if we could stick to a particular night of the week that would be good.

wed seems good so far.  kid is in bed (maybe not asleep) by race time anyways...

as for the racers, don't worry about it too much.  I don't watn to sound like we're a bunch of snobs, but yea at least an hour or two of prep sometime within a month would seem like a no brainer.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2012, 09:19:08 AM »

reverse was better than normal order because the pre-race/test race was so chaotic that I never got a clean lap in without being punted...  starting in 7th when fried would be 1st would have not been fair because I had the fastest lap on the course.  At least with reverse order the fast guys had to battle through the same situations...
That is actually incorrect.  I started on pole for the test race with a 29.4

ok sorry it showed the fastest was still a couple tenths above that on my screen.  the poijnt was that we should have been starting near each other rather than being spread out.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2012, 09:28:31 AM »

an hour  of prep sometime within a month would seem like a no brainer.

That's about all I can muster. 
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2012, 10:04:21 AM »

Dammit Brindle!  And here I thought Ex's time of 1:29 was all car :D  I figured that a 1:30.661 in the overweight Supra was about all that car had.

Sigh  :(

PSN ID = dawson864

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2012, 10:09:16 AM »

How does every other Wednesday sound for the remainder of the series?  The next race would be February 9th, then 22nd (conveniently side stepping the week with Valentine's day ;) )

PSN ID = dawson864

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2012, 10:10:36 AM »

watch the replay, there are some tricks to getting around the corners fast that fried and I both were doing...

he would have been doing those types of times in race if his tires hadn't been chewed up in crashes, me thinks.  if you watch the replay, you'll see he's down to zero tires and still pushing out pretty impressive times...  with that said, an NSX in his hands is not something I want to see pass me lol

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2012, 10:11:26 AM »

How does every other Wednesday sound for the remainder of the series?  The next race would be February 9th, then 22nd (conveniently side stepping the week with Valentine's day ;) )

sounds good to me.  especially if the girl has no right to be mad at me for it!

Brindle

« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2012, 10:13:06 AM »

reverse was better than normal order because the pre-race/test race was so chaotic that I never got a clean lap in without being punted...  starting in 7th when fried would be 1st would have not been fair because I had the fastest lap on the course.  At least with reverse order the fast guys had to battle through the same situations...
That is actually incorrect.  I started on pole for the test race with a 29.4

Sorry as well Ex, I wasn't trying to be an ass, just wasn't the race I expected.

ok sorry it showed the fastest was still a couple tenths above that on my screen.  the poijnt was that we should have been starting near each other rather than being spread out.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2012, 10:22:19 AM »

Fried, can I ask what you did to combat understeer in the Supra?  I intentionally limited tuning for this series so maybe it's not possible but I thought I would ask.

Provoking power on oversteer in the Supra seems impossible to me.  I've got the front suspension on full soft, rear full hard.  A few degrees of camber in the front, none in the back.  And I've got the LSD set to 5 for accel and deccel.  Also had brake balance slightly rearward

I don't mean to say the Supra understeers a lot off the bat, but the front tires wear much faster than the rears and then the understeer ensues.

PSN ID = dawson864

Brindle

« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2012, 11:01:47 AM »

Fried, can I ask what you did to combat understeer in the Supra?  I intentionally limited tuning for this series so maybe it's not possible but I thought I would ask.

Provoking power on oversteer in the Supra seems impossible to me.  I've got the front suspension on full soft, rear full hard.  A few degrees of camber in the front, none in the back.  And I've got the LSD set to 5 for accel and deccel.  Also had brake balance slightly rearward

I don't mean to say the Supra understeers a lot off the bat, but the front tires wear much faster than the rears and then the understeer ensues.

They should be closer together to help turn in and ride height should be lower in rear to induce understeer..

More accel would add power oversteer to a car as well as the initial, but be careful with initial.  Brake setting seems fine.

Off my head I ran...  -3/-3,  9.2/9.9, 2/3, 3/2, 1.1/1.3 lsd 32/36/22

Other than that

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2012, 12:23:55 PM »

Thanks for the tips...

Though why does GT5 state in the game that more differential lock up = more understeer?

PSN ID = dawson864

Brindle

« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2012, 01:04:28 PM »

Not sure, as I don't think I've read it.

This works for me...

LSD initial - amount of rotation while on accelerator.  (higher # more rotation, but also increases effects of accel and deccel equally)

LSD accel - amount of wheel spin (so to speak) of drive tires.  (higher # more slip in drive wheels exiting a corner)

LSD deccel - amount of turn in (so to speak) while on brakes.  (higher # more stable/later braking, but car becomes harder to turn in while braking)

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2012, 01:42:02 PM »

Ahah, interesting.  Perhaps I've interpretted it wrong, but (and this has worked for me) GT5 says that the higher the #, bit it for initial, accel or decel the more lockup the differential experiences.  The more lockup that a differential has the more the car understeers.

Regardless, I will try looking at it from your point of view! ;D

PSN ID = dawson864
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24   Go Up