SupaTunaGT

• May 17, 2024, 08:02:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Linked Events

• Sports Car Series - Race #3: February 08, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #4: February 22, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #5: March 07, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #6: March 21, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #7: April 04, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #8: April 18, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #9: May 02, 2012
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Japanese 90s Sports Car Series! - COMPLETED  (Read 17025 times)

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: 2012 Japanese 90s Sports Car Series! (updated)
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2012, 05:04:22 PM »

Yes it's dawson864.

And yes I think there will be room for the remainder of the series.

Argh, no more Acuras!!!  

I will take a look and see what I have in my garage later tonight.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 05:12:10 PM by LastLeafFan »

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2012, 05:54:56 PM »

Gonna be a long race for me :( .. best I managed with the Mitsu GTO is a nice round 2'00.004 and tires were going away quite badly about 6 laps into practice mode.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2012, 07:45:24 AM »

Ya, I noticed the tire wear also, and that damn bus stop.  :o
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2012, 08:03:35 AM »

Everyone make sure you do the PSN system update before tonight's race time.  I tried to do some practice last night but the playstation had other ideas.  I then spent the next hour doing a system update  >:(

oh well, better last night than tonight! :laugh

PSN ID = dawson864

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2012, 08:06:11 AM »

I think I have decided on which car to use. The Honda NSX Type S Zero '97. Only problem is I cycled my UCD at least 6-7 times last night after i spent about 40 minutes  >:( with the system update.

I found the NSX '01 and the NSX R version and was all excited until I read the specs again. Anyway I can't find this car so if anyone can help me out with one I would very much appreciate it.

I'm not sure I'm going to run tonight as I don't have a single lap under me as well as the fact that I have no idea what options are there for tuning with the height only suspension.

If I can get the car and try a few laps without crashing constantly then I will give it a go.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2012, 09:04:17 AM »

I'll see if I have one to send you.  Send me a FR at your convenience to ExXboxfan (no dash)

it would be nice to have another NSX out there with me.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2012, 09:26:21 AM »

I'll send a FR even if you don't have the car. With the system update last night I forgot to check to see if Dawson was on my friends list.

Brindle

« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2012, 09:31:46 AM »

NSX's are way too fast.  Was curious about Ex's 155, so I hopped in the supra.  156.9 was best after 10 laps.  I then decided to try an type s.    154.4 after second lap.  Good luck to those not driving an NSX.  :)

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2012, 09:47:29 AM »

Yeah, Feldynn and I were able to turn a bunch of laps last night before Wolfpack got kicked off and then Jay joined in later, and while as Ex said it's not ALL the car, that NSX definitely seemed to go faster easier than anything else I tried out!  LLF, I def have both the 97 and 99 standard type S, can send it when I finally get home from work if you're still going to run, please do!

And I think Feldynn and I both officially gave up on the GTO.  There are definitely faster cars out there than others, and between tire wear and lap times, the poor Mitsu comes in on the lower end.  I'm not gonna straight bandwagon jump to the NSX, but I will hop in the Nissan ship as I don't think anyone's used the 300Z yet this series.  That I was at least able to pull fairly consistant 1:57's-58's with and keep tires for around 10 laps.

I will say that I like the pack of cars, and while the PP system is obviously flawed as stated many times before, I think if we distributed the slower cars to the faster guys, we'd have some tight pack racing in this group/car combo.  Maybe if everyone wants to run a season 2 we distribute cars based on the overall standings here :)
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2012, 09:51:23 AM »

Yeah, Feldynn and I were able to turn a bunch of laps last night before Wolfpack got kicked off and then Jay joined in later, and while as Ex said it's not ALL the car, that NSX definitely seemed to go faster easier than anything else I tried out!  LLF, I def have both the 97 and 99 standard type S, can send it when I finally get home from work if you're still going to run, please do!

And I think Feldynn and I both officially gave up on the GTO.  There are definitely faster cars out there than others, and between tire wear and lap times, the poor Mitsu comes in on the lower end.  I'm not gonna straight bandwagon jump to the NSX, but I will hop in the Nissan ship as I don't think anyone's used the 300Z yet this series.  That I was at least able to pull fairly consistant 1:57's-58's with and keep tires for around 10 laps.

I will say that I like the pack of cars, and while the PP system is obviously flawed as stated many times before, I think if we distributed the slower cars to the faster guys, we'd have some tight pack racing in this group/car combo.  Maybe if everyone wants to run a season 2 we distribute cars based on the overall standings here :)
[/color]

Thanks, I feel better now.  :)

That would be a great idea if it could be done!
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2012, 10:00:16 AM »

If you could send me the '97 that would be amazing.

Any tips on tuning with this suspension? Can we only adjust the height? I've never done this before, just automatically buy the fully adjustable one every time.

I will be there if I can turn a few laps before race time. I'm afraid that I would just get in everyone's way with a new car and no testing. Don't want to ruin anyone's race.

Also what time does the room open?

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #161 on: February 08, 2012, 10:09:38 AM »

Yeah sadly the Mitsubishi GTO is just not going to cut the cheese :(, while I do love the car (especially with a bit of tuning) it's just too far behind anything else on the track.  For the record I did managed to squeeze a high 1'59.xxx out of it with probably enough tires to last 6-8 laps but my average laps were still just over 2'00.

After jumping in both the Mazda efini RX-7 and Nissan 300ZX I was managing consistent 1'58s with a few 1'57s, so I'll likely be joining Phreak in a 300ZX.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #162 on: February 08, 2012, 10:10:55 AM »

TunaPhreak's network always seems to be more stable than mine so we usually base any races I "have" from his Lounge.  I'm not sure what time he plans to get online today...I would hope by 8.

As to the NSX unfair advantage, I'm really kicking myself for not instituting, from the beginning of this series, a ballast penalty for race winners.  I feel like putting that into effect now would be unfair persecution of ExXboxFan  

While the NSX is fast it is more tail happy than some of the other offerings so its not all peaches and cream.

PSN ID = dawson864

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #163 on: February 08, 2012, 10:13:04 AM »

Any tips on tuning with this suspension? Can we only adjust the height? I've never done this before, just automatically buy the fully adjustable one every time.

I will be there if I can turn a few laps before race time. I'm afraid that I would just get in everyone's way with a new car and no testing. Don't want to ruin anyone's race.

No problem, I'll check the thread when I get home in case someone else already sent it, otherwise expect around 6 if I hopefully remember.

Yeah, you can buy the height adjustable suspension.  So far most every car I've tried out on this course I would lower it nearly to the max, up the spring rate to the max or close, and same with damper.  The height adjustables don't have a very large tuning margin :P  Then you can adjust camber to your liking and I think that's all that's open.  It was intentionally limited tuning to try to limit the necessary practice/tuning needed between weeks.

I'm going to jump on a limb and say it will be hosted in my lounge again as Wolfpack seemed to have network issues last night.  I'll be hosting in my lounge.  Look for it to open between 8 and 8:30 (hopefully closer to 8 as stated), officially starting at 9pm EST.  If I'm not IN the room, please don't join yet I'm trying to keep myself the host of my own lounge.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 10:15:04 AM by TunaPhreak »
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #164 on: February 08, 2012, 10:59:21 AM »

No problem, I'll check the thread when I get home in case someone else already sent it, otherwise expect around 6 if I hopefully remember.

Yeah, you can buy the height adjustable suspension.  So far most every car I've tried out on this course I would lower it nearly to the max, up the spring rate to the max or close, and same with damper.  The height adjustables don't have a very large tuning margin :P  Then you can adjust camber to your liking and I think that's all that's open.  It was intentionally limited tuning to try to limit the necessary practice/tuning needed between weeks.

I'm going to jump on a limb and say it will be hosted in my lounge again as Wolfpack seemed to have network issues last night.  I'll be hosting in my lounge.  Look for it to open between 8 and 8:30 (hopefully closer to 8 as stated), officially starting at 9pm EST.  If I'm not IN the room, please don't join yet I'm trying to keep myself the host of my own lounge.

Thanks Phreak, I will check when I get home. I'm pretty sure I have you on my friends list.

I'll give it a go and see everyone there tonight. Thanks for the tuning advice as well. Should be interesting if someone sees me coming up behind Bwahahahaha  :laugh
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24   Go Up