SupaTunaGT

• May 17, 2024, 08:43:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Linked Events

• Sports Car Series - Race #3: February 08, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #4: February 22, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #5: March 07, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #6: March 21, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #7: April 04, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #8: April 18, 2012
  • Sports Car Series - Race #9: May 02, 2012
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Japanese 90s Sports Car Series! - COMPLETED  (Read 17026 times)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: 2012 Japanese 90s Sports Car Series! (updated)
« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2012, 04:17:23 PM »

Well, it looks like I'm 95% (arbitrary high %) dedicated to racing tonight, and WolfDawson2000 has given me the green light to run an S2000. It's not quite a NSX Type S or an MR-2, but it's pretty fast.

I agree guys, tire wear could be huge. Drive too aggressively and 8 laps will kill mine, so I might have to slow down to make it 10 laps each = 2 stops. If you have to stop 3 times, I'm guessing a driver who has a clean, tire friendly race will beat you.

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #211 on: February 22, 2012, 05:59:18 PM »

Lounge is up super early this week for anyone looking to practice, see you at 9!
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #212 on: February 22, 2012, 07:18:14 PM »

^^great to have you!  ;D

^I'm in, wahoo! ^-^

PSN ID = dawson864

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2012, 06:52:52 AM »

Hope everyone had fun last night, we had a pretty decent field for the start!  Unfortunately more disconnects than usual this go round, but hopefully today's 9 HOUR MAINTENANCE will help with some of that real soon!

I personally put my practice to good use, drove a nice clean race (until lap 30) and was happy with my overall position.  It was kind of lonely however, but I def remember getting to battle metal a bit, and saw dawson try to sneak up on me.  Saw a few real nasty spins and off courses as well, I hope it was all driver error and nothing unclean.  I went mic-less for the first time since I was hosting to try to avoid disconnects/lag issues, so I know it was a lot harder to call position going into some of the tougher corners.  I think metal went wide at the left hander right before the straight before the corkscrew (I don't know my turn numbers at all if you couldn't tell) because he thought I was on the inside.  I knew better than to try to pull a pass there after some practice the day before, but unfortunately had no way to communicate that the line was his.  Hope it didn't effect you too much, and really hope this is all better within the next few days.

Anyway, after the race a few had mentioned they wished they had saved the replay but forgot, so here you go.  Replay from my point of view, 65 megs.  Enjoy!

http://phr3ak.n3.net/GT5/90s_Japanese_4.zip
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #214 on: February 23, 2012, 08:21:48 AM »

thanks for posting!

It was fun.  Good job to turbo for the win!

I practice a lot this week, and it mostly paid off, except that I never went off on the last turn during practice, and that's where I went off TWICE last night.

I did end up getting a 1:31.5 as a fast lap during the race.  So that was pretty cool to see.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2012, 09:21:28 AM »

I really wish my Blootoof mic hadn't decided to quit last night, there were a couple of times where I really wanted to say sorry and such lol.

The race itself was mostly just average for me, for some reason I didn't have the best time driving that car on that track last night which is odd as I usually do fairly well at Laguna Seca in other cars but for some reason I just couldn't quite keep that 300ZX on the road enough consistently.  Not that I really had any major spin outs (at least after that hiccup on the 1rd lap when I hit Dawson and a few of us got bunched up) either, I just dipped a wheel off here and there and had to slow down too much.

I did try something interesting with tires though as some were commenting on midrace :).  I started out on Racing: Hards with the intention of making it a 1-stop race though sadly I miscalculated slightly, I got about 14 laps (I think) out of them before I decided to pit and switch to Mediums.  Had I stuck with the Hards I would probably not have had to pit again, but after about 13 laps on the Mediums I just couldn't stay out any longer without losing a spot or two anyway so I chose to be safe.

My plan was to go a bit over halfway on RH then switch to RMs with a lighter fuel load for the rest of the race, if I hadn't had all the little skids and tire scrubs that I did I think it would have worked perfectly :D.  I definitely got a lot better wear out of the RMs with less fuel in the car too, in short practice races (full tank) I think I was at best going to make 8-10 laps per set but with less fuel they were easily going 12-15 laps depending on driver error :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #216 on: February 23, 2012, 12:23:58 PM »

Great bunch to share the track with. I would have liked a closer battle with you Ex, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Another time perhaps. I had a very good race. Not quite the pace I had practicing in the afternoon, but I still did well, I never put 4 wheels off the track, and never spun. My car was awesome.

Thanks for having me.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2012, 02:01:21 PM »

i'd hate to see how fast you are when you are on pace!

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #218 on: February 23, 2012, 02:17:44 PM »

I had fun last night guys evn though I can't stand that track.

I need to send apologies to a few that I bumped with last night. I can't remember everyone but I believe Feldynn and Canius were 2. I thought in both cases that I was clear but evidently not and I'm sorry.

Overall a good time and I don't believe that pit strategy was as much a fector as I thought it would be. I managed to go 11 laps both times and finished with 8 strong laps. I think my 28th lap I finally hit one in the 32's but overall most were 33's 4's and all the way up to high 40's. Self inflicted of course.

I have to stop spinning out on lap 1 every time, it's really hard trying to keep up to the leaders when you're 15 seconds back after 1 lap  :'(.

Good fun and I look forward to the next one. I'm sorry Looney discoed right away, that would really suck after working hard to get there and with all of the :fucking around at the start to have that happen  >:(.

I hope this maintenance will take care of some major issues this time, here's hoping.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #219 on: February 23, 2012, 04:51:26 PM »

i'd hate to see how fast you are when you are on pace!

It was probably more sony/server related than 'my' pace. I got a lot of 1'31s in afternoon practice (alone in Dawson's lounge)...got One 1'31 in the 30 lap race, and it was around 1'31.9. I had a good mix of 32s and 33s.

Yeah, it definitely sucked that Looney disco'd. I think 3 discos from 13 on the starting grid.

Great track selection for this series. I'm not a fan of city courses, but the rest are cool.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #220 on: February 24, 2012, 10:31:17 AM »

if you practice with short races instead of free run mode, you get a better idea of lap times and how consistent you can get them.  The tire wear and aero aren't the same in free run.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #221 on: February 24, 2012, 11:31:32 AM »

if you practice with short races instead of free run mode, you get a better idea of lap times and how consistent you can get them.  The tire wear and aero aren't the same in free run.

That could be it too. Other than my first practice with Dawson and Phreak, my only practice was free run in a lounge.

Also, my tune on the S2000. I did it specifically for Laguna. With the corkscrew and the next corner, you really have to be careful about the back end, especially in a light car that's a bit twitchy already.

Height Adjustable Suspension: (F/R)
Ride Height  -5/-10 -10/-5
Spring Rate  4.0/5.0
Damper:    1/3
Camber: 2.0/2.5

LSD
Initial: 10
Accel: 30
Decel: 10

I don't know how this will work at other tracks, but it should be quite stable.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:51:58 AM by Turbo-Tuna »

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #222 on: February 24, 2012, 01:38:57 PM »

interesting... I may do up an S2k and see if I can get closer to your lap times.  it's always educational to go back to a race locale afterwards and see how other people did what they did.  Replays are great for that too.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2012, 08:52:49 AM »

Sorry for the delay in posting results, I will have them soon!  I was out of town for a few days and finally figured out how to import a replay last night (thanks Phreak) and I wrote down the results, but then forgot to bring them in to work today to update the standings  :-\

They'll be up tonight, promise!  Looking forward to the next race on the 7th, La Sarthe!  :D

PSN ID = dawson864

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2012, 09:02:29 AM »

Which version of La Sarthe are we running?

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24   Go Up