SupaTunaGT

• May 17, 2024, 10:26:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Linked Events

• Leaf's RenaultSports Cup: May 01, 2013
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36   Go Down

Author Topic: Renault Cup  (Read 20292 times)

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: Renault Cup
« Reply #195 on: May 09, 2013, 10:23:04 AM »

That's what I would like to do. I'm just not sure how often Turbo would be able to make it. It seems that 9:35 is the start time for the 1rd start and 9:45 the 2st  . Hopefully we can correct that.

I'm not sure how to let their points stand as far as what do I do with them unless they join up as a team. We had a full grid yesterday and having feldynn fill in for soks, but Turbo's would just be floating out there.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #196 on: May 09, 2013, 12:18:04 PM »

It's somewhat dependant on how the network treats nosoks. If he gets the same trouble going forward, it would be good for him to have a backup, and feldynn was ready to do that from a the start.

I came to this as an extra, a privateer if you will. I'm not concerned with points, though it's fun to track them, and it's fun to race. Do what you wish with my result, I'm happy to join in when I can.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #197 on: May 09, 2013, 12:33:56 PM »

I had a great time last night.  It's very thrilling to be racing out on the track with 13 buddies.  Fried and Wiz pulled out some amazing racing, well done guys!  I was cruising hard in 3rd place all alone for the first 5-6 laps with no draft and I couldn't stay anywhere near you two.  Then after making a brake bias adjustment I promptly slid off into the sand on turn one (argh) and fought hard for the remainder of the race with Grumpy, which was a lot of fun as well :D

Looking forward to next week 8)

PSN ID = dawson864

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #198 on: May 09, 2013, 12:42:23 PM »

I blew it on corner one in lap two. Psycho was on the inside and I got my brake-turn-in wrong, spun and dropped to second last place. Spent a bunch of laps chasing the pack. When I got up with feldynn and the dolts, we got to do some good racing. I think I got me lead on them after the pit stops. No chance of catching grumpy and Dawson though. The top four were on fire...good racing everyone.

Good times.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #199 on: May 09, 2013, 01:24:24 PM »

OK, I am going to change a couple of things. If someone can't make it that day or if they disco they will stay at the same weight as they were assigned before the missed race. Also the person who subs for the missing racer will be listed in the individual results with the change in weight for the next race.

I'm not sure what weight Feldynn was racing under for this week but I will adjust his weight according to his finishes. I will also take back the weight we gave MX5 for last week (10kg).

I will adjust the top 4 with more weight and adjust down the bottom 4 and we will keep however many fill out the middle at the same weight.

The person who doesn't make the race or discos will not get the benefit of weight reduction. The team that is getting the benefit of a sub will only gain their points. If we have a full field at the start as we did yesterday and someone discos then the highest finisher who is subbing that day will give their points to the disco. If we have more than 1 disco then the order of discoing will determine the sub finishers. In other words if nosoks discos on lap 1 then he would get Turbo's (5th) point total and if I was to disc next I would get Feldynn's (6th) points. If no one discos then the subs points will only go to the individual standings.

PLEASE let me know if this makes sense and by all means let me know if anyone has other ideas.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2013, 02:11:02 PM »

I have updated the OP with the results and have changed the weights according to the new rules.

Some have changed to what it should be after race 1.

Remember that we only count our best 6 races.

ps. Let me know if I screwed up anything (very possible)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2013, 02:19:01 PM »

In the context of this series, with this this group, I think this is great. (Says the sub who isn't affected by points) I haven't checked your math

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2013, 03:07:53 PM »

So if I undertand correctly then Turbo and I are the Pepto Privateers (thanks Agent, I think, for the idea :)), our individual results are being recorded to help with the weight adjustments and if someone gets disco'd then our points are also given to whichever team(s) they were on?  If that's the case then sounds like a splendid plan to me :).

Also regarding weight I think last night I was running at 1240kg (took 10kg off for the low finish at HSR which I think was correct at the time, if not then oops  :-[), will adjust to the new weight for next week :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #203 on: May 09, 2013, 03:11:37 PM »

Sounds like a good plan to me Leaf! 8)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #204 on: May 09, 2013, 03:32:18 PM »

So if I undertand correctly then Turbo and I are the Pepto Privateers (thanks Agent, I think, for the idea :)), our individual results are being recorded to help with the weight adjustments and if someone gets disco'd then our points are also given to whichever team(s) they were on?  If that's the case then sounds like a splendid plan to me :).

Also regarding weight I think last night I was running at 1240kg (took 10kg off for the low finish at HSR which I think was correct at the time, if not then oops  :-[), will adjust to the new weight for next week :).

I think you pepto guys should add and subtract weight the same as the rest of us. So your 1240 weight would have been correct.

Also, sounds like a plan LLf.

Also, also, go Dolts!

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #205 on: May 09, 2013, 04:02:23 PM »

At the time I had Feldman at 1240 but with the new spec he would have been 1235 which he is now.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #206 on: May 09, 2013, 05:43:06 PM »

You guys are SO accomodating, thanks a lot. also thanks to Grumpy who refuses to fire me. Next week i intend to try my old modem to se if that makes a difference. Since the last GT5 update my system often has trouble with gt servers,sign into psn no prob, then can't connect ingame.
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #207 on: May 09, 2013, 06:17:20 PM »

At the time I had Feldman at 1240 but with the new spec he would have been 1235 which he is now.

I can now only picture Feldynn as a British Bizarro Kramer.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2013, 07:42:32 PM »

He is awful nice and I have heard him mention reading a book I think.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #209 on: May 10, 2013, 06:17:06 AM »

Damn autocorrect. :lmao

I think Feldman might stick, I now have someone to picture when racing. Good plan to distract Feldynn.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36   Go Up