SupaTunaGT

• May 17, 2024, 10:23:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Linked Events

• Leaf's RenaultSports Cup: May 01, 2013
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36   Go Down

Author Topic: Renault Cup  (Read 20190 times)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Renault Cup
« Reply #315 on: June 06, 2013, 10:50:47 AM »

I'm with you MX5. I haven't had the car the way I like it at all. I had a descent start but every time I see a car creeping up from behind I know it's only a matter of time and every time they get by I'm amazed how within 1 lap they are pulling away. I saw Feldynn gaining and he blows right by. Then Dude spins out and within 1/2 lap he goes by pulling away and MX5 with about 3 laps to go does the same.

I'm having a really hard time being competitive and basically gave up the last 1/2 dozen laps. I gotta work for next week to try to help my poor teammate out. By the way I think Dude was struggling as well last night.

Leaf, if it's any consolation, I was a lap down on you when I passed you. Since I had pretty much given up, I took two pit stops since my time didn't matter at that point. By the time I caught up to you, I was on pretty fresh tires. So even though I passed you and pulled away, I was still very far behind you overall. The extra grip of the fresh tires just gave me enough of an advantage to not finish a lap down of 10th place. But there was no chance I would catch you by the end even if we added 20 more laps.

Could we have a group practice session before the next one of these and share tunes, lines, etc? I'm up for it. I'll share what I learn about Rome between now and then.
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #316 on: June 06, 2013, 10:55:27 AM »

I suspected that you had an extra pit stop and to be honest I wasn't trying too hard at that point, not that you wouldn't have gotten by anyway.

I'm all for a test session at Rome with sharing ideas, I just hope I can find the time.

Also, is that the final order of finish? If so I can update the standings later today.

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #317 on: June 06, 2013, 11:28:06 AM »

Yes Leaf that is the running order before the room took a dump!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #318 on: June 06, 2013, 12:25:56 PM »

I was struggling too, I even managed to get some practice time in, I got an hour in on Tuesday and an hour on Wednesday morning. I had cataract surgery Wednesday afternoon and the anesthesia probably wasn't fully worn off, but still I had pretty consistent laps in the 1'38 to 1'39, but lost ground to anyone that got near me.

I pitted around lap 14 and I believe some did not pit. The final lap was setting up to be a great finish.

Way to Go Fried on the win. The fucking PSN crash was a real pisser, but I still managed to have fun and everyone did a great jorb.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #319 on: June 06, 2013, 12:43:08 PM »

I suspected that you had an extra pit stop and to be honest I wasn't trying too hard at that point

Yeah, I figured. I was only racing hard because I thought you might be a lap down too. But once I passed you and my position didn't change, I was like, "well that was pointless." LOL.

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #320 on: June 06, 2013, 12:51:20 PM »

:stoopid: <- all of teh above stupids.

So uh yeah, I read all that and I'll just say wow, what a fun race that was.  What a shotty disconnect for everyone that was.

We all that came back in the room totally agreed on that finishing order, so I'll second that that is "it".  I was in 4 with Wiz in sight, but no chance at draft, and plenty of nothing in my rear view.  Lots of fun laps after your unfortunate spin Wiz.  I hope you didn't mind me and Wolf trying to use a bit of teamwork to keep you back  :D

Overall, that was probably the best race I've ever had in GT5 so far, as far as having fun and as far as personal performance.  Maybe I should try this sober driving thing more often!
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #321 on: June 06, 2013, 01:15:18 PM »

It would be awesome if we could all get together as MX mentioned. I would love to all be on track and be able to get some team Dumbass pointers. :)

Brindle

« Reply #322 on: June 06, 2013, 01:42:49 PM »

I have to reply to the pushing comments.  The car is very neutral to start, with a slight bias towards a push (but not very much).  My ONLY advice to fix this is brake EARLIER!  Feldynn's fix of dropping a gear to get the turn in should have given it away...  He dropped a gear to assist in slowing down, keeping weight on the front tires.  I do so myself when I miss a corner entry.  :-[ If one can brake, even just a car length earlier, could make a HUGE difference with the push on entry.  If you can't make a turn in a gear you think you should be in, (and need to drop a gear) your entire entry is TOO fast.

Give it a shot all...  Go SLOW to go FAST!   :)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #323 on: June 06, 2013, 02:00:27 PM »

My ONLY advice to fix this is brake EARLIER!  Feldynn's fix of dropping a gear to get the turn in should have given it away...  He dropped a gear to assist in slowing down, keeping weight on the front tires.

That's sort of the thing Fried, I wasn't so much dropping a gear to assist in slowing down (at least not on purpose :)) but more because it seemed to affect the rotation of the car.  I could slow down and take a corner in 3rd gear at lower revs but the car would feel a bit pushy, if I dropped down to 2nd gear with high revs but at the same speed (give or take a couple of MPH) it went from a little pushing at the front to a little shoving from the back and made the car rotate that much easier.

That's kind of what got me guessing it might be something in my LSD setting, so the torque at higher RPM in the lower gear simply made the car turn better at mostly the same speed with the setup I had?

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #324 on: June 06, 2013, 02:00:58 PM »

Good advice Brindle.

What's everybody's approach to the tight S chicane before the right hander that leads to the banked oval section? Initially I was trying to late apex the first corner by going wide left and then arcing it along the right side of the first turn so that I had the most space for the left hander. But this seemed slow. So what I started doing was keeping left still but then trail braking into the first corner (braking late and turning at the same time) to get to the same point on the right side of turn 1 quicker. This caused me a few spins when the tires were getting worn. But in general, I felt a bit faster doing this. I would try to get my right tires on the rumble strip on the backside of the first turn and begin rolling on the power through the left hand turn opening onto the short straight.

If there's a better way to do this, please let me know. Seemed like some of you were way faster in this section that I was.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #325 on: June 06, 2013, 02:37:34 PM »

Good advice Brindle.

What's everybody's approach to the tight S chicane before the right hander that leads to the banked oval section? Initially I was trying to late apex the first corner by going wide left and then arcing it along the right side of the first turn so that I had the most space for the left hander. But this seemed slow. So what I started doing was keeping left still but then trail braking into the first corner (braking late and turning at the same time) to get to the same point on the right side of turn 1 quicker. This caused me a few spins when the tires were getting worn. But in general, I felt a bit faster doing this. I would try to get my right tires on the rumble strip on the backside of the first turn and begin rolling on the power through the left hand turn opening onto the short straight.

If there's a better way to do this, please let me know. Seemed like some of you were way faster in this section that I was.

I'm sure we all had issues at different sectors and track sections. I was okay for T1 (timing sector 1), but T2 and T3 were hurting me. For the tight S you speak of My car transmission was tuned to use 2nd grear so it was never too big an issue for me. I suspect the trouble came from trying to grab 1st gear if for even just a bit.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #326 on: June 06, 2013, 02:54:57 PM »

I tried to make it, but there was too much going on with kids and stuff at home. I love Indy Road, though I had zero practice. Hopefully I make the next one.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #327 on: June 06, 2013, 03:28:37 PM »

I tried to make it, but there was too much going on with kids and stuff at home. I love Indy Road, though I had zero practice. Hopefully I make the next one.

I almost hear can we do an off the books redo and all I can say is if time permits, than yes, yes I will. I would also like to know what times the Turbo turns around this track, although that has noting to do with me being able to make some time you can.   

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #328 on: June 06, 2013, 03:46:00 PM »

Yeah, I was definitely dropping into first in there much like Feld mentioned, to get the rear to rotate.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #329 on: June 06, 2013, 04:30:53 PM »

Yeah, I was definitely dropping into first in there much like Feld mentioned, to get the rear to rotate.

The S section @ turns 1 and 2 were done in 3rd gear. I know a few like me at first liked to drop down into 2nd to split the S, but the entire section should have been taken in 3rd. The best sector 1 I had whether racing or practice was 25.6 I believe. And that was using 3rd through turn one chicane and fourth at exit. (funny it seems to help lap times just like the subi tt. Full or part throttle and keep grabbing gears going forward)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 04:33:48 PM by DudeTuna »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36   Go Up