SupaTunaGT

• May 17, 2024, 12:35:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Linked Events

• Leaf's RenaultSports Cup: May 01, 2013
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36   Go Down

Author Topic: Renault Cup  (Read 20199 times)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Renault Cup
« Reply #360 on: June 12, 2013, 05:38:06 PM »

Things are still unsettled here but if at the last minute I can make it is there room for me or will that be a disruption?

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #361 on: June 12, 2013, 05:51:38 PM »

Things are still unsettled here but if at the last minute I can make it is there room for me or will that be a disruption?

It sounds like there will be room. So just get a car to spec and join in. The room should be open by 6pm pacific.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #362 on: June 12, 2013, 06:34:57 PM »

Absolutely Baked. Come join the mayhem.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #363 on: June 12, 2013, 10:15:39 PM »

Ok, I watched the replay, took screenshots of each time I had contact with another vehicle. I'm waiting for others to do the same. If someone has a beef lets hear it. I feel confident that I did nothing wrong.

I gotta say, I'm not happy being publicly called out in a room full of Tuna when we all know we're running with mics off and any contact amongst friends is surely accidental. That said, none of the contact I saw was caused by me. If someone saw it different, I'd love to hear it. I have photos of every incident. I have come last or second to last in every single race in this series. You'll pardon me if I don't try to finish 7th once in a while, otherwise I'd just pull over and let everyone by.

Dude, good racing with ya out there. We had some fun trading positions. Sorry for the contact that one time you passed me on the inside. Glad it didn't spin ya.

Dirty Dancer

PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #364 on: June 12, 2013, 11:12:08 PM »

My final race time, 36 laps later.  No first by far, but at least a semi-accurate representation of what I could have done.  Same drunkeness, a few spins into walls.  Do with it what you'd like.  I imagine it wasn't the slowest time, and you KNOW  there was no draft :P
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #365 on: June 13, 2013, 06:50:53 AM »

Ok, I watched the replay, took screenshots of each time I had contact with another vehicle. I'm waiting for others to do the same. If someone has a beef lets hear it. I feel confident that I did nothing wrong.

I gotta say, I'm not happy being publicly called out in a room full of Tuna when we all know we're running with mics off and any contact amongst friends is surely accidental. That said, none of the contact I saw was caused by me. If someone saw it different, I'd love to hear it. I have photos of every incident. I have come last or second to last in every single race in this series. You'll pardon me if I don't try to finish 7th once in a while, otherwise I'd just pull over and let everyone by.

Dude, good racing with ya out there. We had some fun trading positions. Sorry for the contact that one time you passed me on the inside. Glad it didn't spin ya.

Dirty Dancer

I watched the first 5-6 laps from TunaPhreak's camera and while I saw contact I didn't see anything intentional or terribly bad.  Of course that's from my POV.  If there's some kind of frustration/misunderstanding between two racers as a result of contact I think they should PM/XMB to figure it out as in this community nobody does something with malicious intent.

That being said I was quite proud of my racing effort last night, the car was set up well and as the race went on I found more time to be discovered by tweaking my line in a few key areas.  On lap 19 I had an OH SHIT moment when I came through the chicane only to find CharlieTuna spun out there, perpendicular to the flow of the course.  It wasn't pleasant but that's racing and I realize that since most ppl weren't mic'd I had no advance warning.  Nonetheless it added an element of "excitement" so its all good.

My best lap was a 1:12.226 undrafted, sometime after my 2nd pit stop.  I saw that Turbo had a 1:12.034...so close to 11's man!  REally flying there.

PSN ID = dawson864

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #366 on: June 13, 2013, 07:19:25 AM »

I'd like to talk about restarts. We're doing too many. Discuss.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 07:43:38 AM by MX5#98 »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #367 on: June 13, 2013, 07:53:58 AM »

Started to post my opinion but I am not running in this series so for now I will just watch I think.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #368 on: June 13, 2013, 08:19:39 AM »

I haven't watched the replay for the race, well I've never watched a replay ever so I don't know about that. As far as what happened I don't know that either but more info may be needed. What lap are we talking about and if I get the time I might try and check it out.

I certainly never like to see verbal assaults on the air during a race and feel they should be handled after the race with a pm to the offending party as well as myself and we can take the necessary course of action.

Also maybe someone can check my math but your time of 46.35.7 translates to an average of 1.17.6 per lap. Please check and let me know as my math may be way off. If however I am correct then I can tell you that that would translate to maybe a 8 - 10th place finish. I know that I was firmly in 6th and was running constant mid 14's.

I will go back and see the final times to compare but I also think you will find that most of us and myself very much included ran by ourselves for most of the race and never got a draft either.

There is no way that I can take a time like that and insert you ahead of someone who finished the race. I really have no choice other than go with the finishing results and placing Phreak in 10th.

I am however very seriously thinking about scrapping the team portion of the series as we are down to I believe 3 complete teams. In the individual standings before last night and throwing away 2 races it would be a tie for 1st with Dude and Grumpy with 9 and then I think Wolfpack with 16 and the rest of us within 10 of Wolf ( can I please call you Dawson? I get mixed up all the time, at least for the next 2 weeks).

I really hate to see this going on and hope that in the future we will handle it off the air and after the race where we can cool down a bit.

As far as restarts go I don't see how we can avoid them especially at places like Rome. The next 2 are both possible restart races as they both contain tight 1st turns. I would love to scrap them but when not even 1/2 way around lap 1 we have a wreck of 4-5 cars it's not fair to the cars that were merely caught up in the mayhem by no fault of their own.

The only thing I can suggest is we take it easy for a few turns until we are clear of hazards. I thought it worked well on the 3rd start when we cleared the chicane and I called out that we are good to go. Did everyone hear me last night?

We can do the same after turn 1 for the next 2 races if that would work?

Any ideas would help greatly.

I don't want to see a meltdown of the series when I think it has gone relatively trouble free.

Oh by the way well done Dawson on the win and everyone who finished on the podium. If it's any consolation Turbo I thought we may have had a few more run out of gas  

« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:22:05 AM by LastLeafFan »

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #369 on: June 13, 2013, 08:25:11 AM »

Can I get clarification on the finish before I post it?

I have it

Dawson
Feldynn
Grumpy
NoSoks
Turbo
Leaf
Dude
MX5
Charlie
Phreak

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #370 on: June 13, 2013, 08:29:28 AM »

Yeah, I ran out of gas ... twice. I also got a phone call on lap 16 from my daughter who was locked out of our apartment complex and needed to be beeped in. So I had to pull over, grab my phone, answer, beep her in and then try to resume racing, lol.

So, a few thoughts. On restarts ... this has been going on for the entire series. And there have been many times that myself or Charlie (sorry for bringing you in on this) avoided the wreck and moved up in the field only to have to start over. This punishes those that are taking it easy on the first lap and thus have time to brake and avoid the wreck. The people that are driving 10/10ths on Lap 1 get a mulligan. In real racing, you wreck your car (or put it in a position to be wrecked) and your day is over. So, while I understand why we are doing it, it hurts those of us that predict the incident and correctly avoid the issue. I realize that I caused the problem on the second restart. I take responsibility for that. But that too could have been avoided with some early braking.

I would prefer to keep the teams if we can.

And finally, maybe we could do the first lap together, single file and then drop the hammer on the second lap like a rolling start? That might solve some of the pileup problems. Although next week we have Monza w/ Chicane. So ... yeah, there will be accidents.

MX

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #371 on: June 13, 2013, 08:37:26 AM »

we have a wreck of 4-5 cars it's not fair to the cars that were merely caught up in the mayhem by no fault of their own.

My point is ... it's also not fair to the 4 or 5 cars that successfully avoided the accident either. Over at iRacing, one of the first things I had to learn is that if you're in an accident, it's your fault. You can blame the car that hit you. Or you can blame the car that spun out in front of you. But at the end of the day, was there something you could have done to put your car in a position to make it through that corner cleanly? Sometimes, no matter how defensive you drive, you're going to get collected. But 9 times out of 10, there's something you could have done differently.

Put another way, in a long race like that, there are certain advantages to starting at the back. Avoiding wrecks is one of them.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #372 on: June 13, 2013, 09:02:28 AM »

we have a wreck of 4-5 cars it's not fair to the cars that were merely caught up in the mayhem by no fault of their own.

My point is ... it's also not fair to the 4 or 5 cars that successfully avoided the accident either. Over at iRacing, one of the first things I had to learn is that if you're in an accident, it's your fault. You can blame the car that hit you. Or you can blame the car that spun out in front of you. But at the end of the day, was there something you could have done to put your car in a position to make it through that corner cleanly? Sometimes, no matter how defensive you drive, you're going to get collected. But 9 times out of 10, there's something you could have done differently.

Put another way, in a long race like that, there are certain advantages to starting at the back. Avoiding wrecks is one of them.

I understand what you're saying, but when I hit Charlie's spun out car on lap 19 there was nothing i could do to avoid it.  It was at a pinch spot on the track and there was a big cloud of smoke.  Completely unavoidable  :P

As to restarts I can't really comment on this past race as I wasn't involved (or even saw) any of the mentioned incidents.  I will say that by the 3rd restart I knew exactly the best way to launch my car though!  If there is really bad lag from someone that causes a serious wreck I'm in favor of a restart to fix that.  Or an incident that involves roughly 1/2 of the field.  But I'm not really in favor of a rolling start (1 lap parade) as that gives the people in the front more of an advantage (in my opinion).

LLF I'm pretty sure that is the correct order.

PSN ID = dawson864

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #373 on: June 13, 2013, 09:16:38 AM »

First question: Why are there so many crashes?  I thought we prided ourselves in running clean.

Restarts is the type of thing that needs to be clarified in the rules before the event takes place.  Then as long as you follow the rules, it's fair.

While good anticipation and reflexes and car control can get you out of a lot of accidents, it can't save you from everything.  But you can't restart every time someone gets taken out when it's not their fault.  Unfortunately, it's also a fact of life in real life racing that it's often the "innocent" guy that gets knocked out of the race, not the guy who made the bonehead move.

Brindle

« Reply #374 on: June 13, 2013, 09:17:55 AM »

I know I'm not in any more, but 2 things come to mind.  1... restarts should ONLY be considered due to lag type crashes.  2...  NO ONE WINS ON LAP 1.  Back up your break points by 2 lengths or more.  Be patient and try to hold your spot until things settle down a few turns in.  Absolutely NO reason for T1 wrecks 2.5 years into the game.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36   Go Up