SupaTunaGT

• May 17, 2024, 07:18:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Linked Events

• Leaf's RenaultSports Cup: May 01, 2013
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36   Go Down

Author Topic: Renault Cup  (Read 20169 times)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Renault Cup
« Reply #375 on: June 13, 2013, 09:24:50 AM »

I know I'm not in any more, but 2 things come to mind.  1... restarts should ONLY be considered due to lag type crashes.  2...  NO ONE WINS ON LAP 1.  Back up your break points by 2 lengths or more.  Be patient and try to hold your spot until things settle down a few turns in.  Absolutely NO reason for T1 wrecks 2.5 years into the game.

And I will add to this something that caused my accident on the second restart (I did it correctly the first time). Leave some space between you and the car in front of you. My mistake on the second restart was pulling my car into the blob of cars that was all going flat out into that high speed pinched corner. Because of the close confines, I didn't see my braking point until a split second after it was too late. I hit the brakes hard, tried to steer the car and understeered right into the wall. Bam. Another pile up. I could have avoided that accident by lifting earlier, giving myself some room to see and then hitting the accelerator earlier to pull back into the draft.
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #376 on: June 13, 2013, 09:35:20 AM »

I agree 100% with Brindle. The race cannot be won on lap 1. Please just take it easy on the 1st few turns and we will be good. As far as the rest of the series if there are 2 cars involved then tough titties. If a major collision occurs which I think we can all agree was the case in the 1st 2 starts then we will have a restart. We are actually getting better at these, well except for I think it was MX that was the runaway on the 1st start (that was very funny by the way).

Good feedback by all and if I don't hear differently we will go with the final results I have posted.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #377 on: June 13, 2013, 09:38:16 AM »

well except for I think it was MX that was the runaway on the 1st start (that was very funny by the way).

You think I was going to give up 1rd place without making some kind of statement. I was like ... we're still racing here. Come back. LOL. BTW, in that first start, my headset had game volume up and chat volume all the way down. Don't know why. But it explains why I try to do a mic check (annoying, I know) each time I get on. Hate when that happens.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #378 on: June 13, 2013, 09:46:12 AM »

I think the majority of the problem at Rome was that little left / right almost chicane like section a short way into the track, if one person makes a genuine accidental mistake there it tends to snowball in a hurry because there's just no where to go especially if people are fairly close like on the first lap or two. 

Perhaps instead of doing a full stop / restart like last night, if there are any major multi-car accidents in the first lap or two it might be easier to do a simple Caution / Safety Car style lap (or half lap) not dissimilar to how it's been done in past Tuna Cups.  Using Monza as an example if there's an accident at the chicane and say half the group gets caught up in it, then those that got through safely slow down to say 70mph and everyone lines up single file for the remainder of the lap, once the leader crosses the Start / Finish line then we all hit the gas and start racing again.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #379 on: June 13, 2013, 09:55:44 AM »

Now that the racers from the series have sounded off. I will share my thoughts. Restarts should not come about because of participant error. Exhibiting patience is a large part of racing. If there is a lag spike that effects half or more of the field on the first lap then I can understand it. But other than that dealing with crashes around you is just another part of racing that has to be accepted.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #380 on: June 13, 2013, 10:53:43 AM »

Photos from last night highlighting the incidents I found between Phreak and myself.

Braking Zone - Setting up for left hander.

Braking complete - Rolling on the throttle

Did not see this coming.

Punted into the wall.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:35:49 AM by MX5#98 »

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #381 on: June 13, 2013, 10:55:32 AM »

Another incident. Hit from behind while braking.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:36:29 AM by MX5#98 »

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #382 on: June 13, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »

Another incident:

« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:33:36 AM by MX5#98 »

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #383 on: June 13, 2013, 11:53:30 AM »

Ah yay, sites back.

I plan to write a much lengthier formal response to everything, as well as private message to MX, but for now I just wanted to get something quick up here.

I came into the room way more inebriated last night than planned, my apologies.
I ranted and whined like a bratty school girl and I apologize.
I made assumptions about situations I knew nothing about, and I apologize.
I did and said things in public because I was pissed off that I should not have, and I apologize.

And finally LLF, I put up my time just cuz I was wondering what everyone elses total finish time was after race.  Thanks for the average, but that would include my pit stop and the bad laps.  I was averaging 14.0's to 14.5's for the solo race I ran, no idea how my teammate got down into sub 13's!

As far as ending the teams and going individually, well, if that happens lets just say I'm done, so I hope they stay.

So again, I plan to fully address all prior posts and my personal issues shortly, just when I have more time to formulate appropriate paragraphs.  Sorry all, I feel like a horrible representation of a Tuna right now, when you guys are the only reason I still play this game and the only PS family I really have left.
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #384 on: June 13, 2013, 11:57:04 AM »

I'll drink to that.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #385 on: June 13, 2013, 12:07:00 PM »

, good one Dude.

Thanks Phreak for that and I hope we can all put this to rest. As far as I'm concerned we are good.

I know I am.

I will keep going with the teams until the end and thanks to Feldynn I have another brainstorm.

Everyone keep their mics on for however long they want and if there is a multiple wreck on lap 1 then anyone can call for a caution. As soon as that is called then we keep the same order we have at that point but slow down to 50 mph. The affected cars can regroup and catch up to the pack but stay in the order you came out of the mess. As soon as the last car gets there let everyone know.

At that point it is in the leaders hands. He can call green, green, green whenever he feels it is a good go point. On a track like Monza I would think we could go within a 1/2 lap.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #386 on: June 13, 2013, 12:08:43 PM »

important facts

1. this is amateur racing...I wouldn't be here otherwise
2. this is not real life racing... GT doesn't and can't simulate real racing

Interesting idea. In case of big lap one accidents, instead of restarting, regroup and do a rolling start with 'corner 1 caution', assuming there is no damage. If you clear the accident, you're moved up in the field. If you're a victim of the crash...sorry, shit happens. At least your race isn't 'over'.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #387 on: June 13, 2013, 12:11:26 PM »

:grphug

PSN ID = dawson864

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #388 on: June 13, 2013, 12:12:14 PM »

, good one Dude.

Thanks Phreak for that and I hope we can all put this to rest. As far as I'm concerned we are good.

I know I am.

I will keep going with the teams until the end and thanks to Feldynn I have another brainstorm.

Everyone keep their mics on for however long they want and if there is a multiple wreck on lap 1 then anyone can call for a caution. As soon as that is called then we keep the same order we have at that point but slow down to 50 mph. The affected cars can regroup and catch up to the pack but stay in the order you came out of the mess. As soon as the last car gets there let everyone know.

At that point it is in the leaders hands. He can call green, green, green whenever he feels it is a good go point. On a track like Monza I would think we could go within a 1/2 lap.

important facts

1. this is amateur racing...I wouldn't be here otherwise
2. this is not real life racing... GT doesn't and can't simulate real racing

Interesting idea. In case of big lap one accidents, instead of restarting, regroup and do a rolling start with 'corner 1 caution', assuming there is no damage. If you clear the accident, you're moved up in the field. If you're a victim of the crash...sorry, shit happens. At least your race isn't 'over'.

I like the lap one caution approach.  

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #389 on: June 13, 2013, 12:13:22 PM »

Exactly, so in the case of MX5 being in the lead coming out of the wreck he would stay there until the restart.

This is only for lap 1 as well.

The best way is to take it easy and we should never have an issue.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36   Go Up